Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I know it's even more crueler when it gets to someone so young! It brings it so close to home when someone younger than you dies.  :( My late uncle who died eight years also got diagnosed with cancer, but it wasn't the cancer that killed him, he was an alcoholic you see.

I know how you feel Leicesterpool. One of my mates died at the age of 18 from Leukaemia. I was in my first year at uni and we became distant (quite literally), found out he'd died when I spoke to an old teacher at the footy before a City match who used to teach us both and was friends with his Dad, felt like I'd not been there for him and still gets me a bit to this day. It's such a shock when it happens to people you know at that age, really is so tragic for someone that young and makes you grateful for everything you still have.

Can't remember if I mentioned it on here before, I'm thinking of getting a couple of big dogs. The wife likes great Danes, which while are intimidating to look at age not necessarily great protection. Also, they are difficult to get. Would a GSD be good with kids?

GSDs are great with kids. Wonderful

Dogs.

• Like 1

Cheers! The wife is definitely more interested in the Great Danes.

I've got a couple lined up for viewing. Hoping they are decent.

First time I've posted on this thread,but couldn't help contributing seeing as you were talking about dogs. GSDs and Great Danes would both be fine with children,and have that added protectiveness of their owners. However, be aware that Great Danes have a tendency to bloat,due to their deep chests,bloating is almost a certain killer! German Sheperds,if bought from a responsible owner are very sturdy and healthy dogs,due to the fact that they have not changed much from their breed standard, from over a hundred years ago.

First time I've posted on this thread,but couldn't help contributing seeing as you were talking about dogs. GSDs and Great Danes would both be fine with children,and have that added protectiveness of their owners. However, be aware that Great Danes have a tendency to bloat,due to their deep chests,bloating is almost a certain killer! German Sheperds,if bought from a responsible owner are very sturdy and healthy dogs,due to the fact that they have not changed much from their breed standard, from over a hundred years ago.

I think I might be a Great Dane,I have a tendency to bloat!Do GDs slobber?.serious question .