Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Driving to work this morning,driving by a bloke strimming the grass and something flicks up and smashes my side window.It's going to cost me 60 quid and a day's money unless I can claim it back.

You should ring Leicestershire County Council, as they are responsible for highways.  The contract to carry out the grass cutting is with Tarmac.

I don't know what the current situation is, but quite a few years ago I did a bit of highways grass cutting & there was a time when they paid out without question.  There were even payouts for suspicious claims, where we suspected someone with a chipped windscreen could get themself a new windscreen by blaming the grass cutters for the damage.

I think they've toughened up on compensation claims, but I don't see why they can't compensate you for the damage they caused.  They are insured against such claims.

You should ring Leicestershire County Council, as they are responsible for highways.  The contract to carry out the grass cutting is with Tarmac.

I don't know what the current situation is, but quite a few years ago I did a bit of highways grass cutting & there was a time when they paid out without question.  There were even payouts for suspicious claims, where we suspected someone with a chipped windscreen could get themself a new windscreen by blaming the grass cutters for the damage.

I think they've toughened up on compensation claims, but I don't see why they can't compensate you for the damage they caused.  They are insured against such claims.

I rang a number the bloke strimming gave me but all I got was an answer machine. He said it was a company called Quadron.

Does that mean that you look on Twitter to see how many people are drinking the stuff?

Bit of an oversimplification, it's all about measuring the success of the brand's social media campaigns, working out how they can be improved in the future, identifying key influencers on social media etc. Should be a really interesting role.

Bit of an oversimplification, it's all about measuring the success of the brand's social media campaigns, working out how they can be improved in the future, identifying key influencers on social media etc. Should be a really interesting role.

So messing around on twitter all day then. :P

• Like 2

I rang a number the bloke strimming gave me but all I got was an answer machine. He said it was a company called Quadron.

Yeah.  I could be wrong there.  All I know is that LCC Highways Dept are responsible.  They contract the work out to Tarmac (I believe) who in turn sub it out to other companies.  I know that Tarmac have subbed it out to Blaby District Council in the Blaby area.  It will be different for other areas.  It's complicated........more complicated than it needs to be & someone is making money somewhere!!

Ultimately, LCC are top of the pile.

Yes I guessed it was over simplifying it I was trying to think in a simple mans way. :)

I took a test for a job that looks at Google and websites to see how good they were. Didn't pass. It would have been working from home for 20 hours or so. I would just score them then they could be advised how to improve their advertising. Decent money too if good at  it because the better feedback you got you would receive more customers.. I don't think I was too far off passing but there were a lot of do's and don'ts to learn.

Yeah.  I could be wrong there.  All I know is that LCC Highways Dept are responsible.  They contract the work out to Tarmac (I believe) who in turn sub it out to other companies.  I know that Tarmac have subbed it out to Blaby District Council in the Blaby area.  It will be different for other areas.  It's complicated........more complicated than it needs to be & someone is making money somewhere!!

Ultimately, LCC are top of the pile.

I've got to claim off the company, going to try to get a days money as well :fc:

I've got to claim off the company, going to try to get a days money as well :fc:

I've smashed a few windows in my time......but not nearly as many as some people I know & have worked with.

A young lad I was working with, strimmed a stone & smashed the drivers window of a car parked outside some old people's bungalows.  The car belonged to a carer & she was quite calm about it all.  As I was the supervisor, I dealt with her, apologised, gave her the number to call, etc.

I saw her again a few weeks later & she told me that the company didn't pay out.  She had claimed for a new window & a days lost pay........she got nothing for either.  The company's excuse was that "all necessary precautions had been taken" & that it was an "unavoidable accident".  I don't know what they meant by necessary precautions or unavoidable accident?  The strimmers have guards, but it doesn't eliminate stones being thrown out.

She said she would be taking it further & I said that if she needed a statement from me I would be happy to help.  She wrote to a local newspaper, stating that the workers had accepted responsibility (which I had), but the company wouldn't pay out.  The company eventually paid her for the window, but not the loss of money.

A long-winded way of saying.........good luck!! 

I've smashed a few windows in my time......but not nearly as many as some people I know & have worked with.

A young lad I was working with, strimmed a stone & smashed the drivers window of a car parked outside some old people's bungalows.  The car belonged to a carer & she was quite calm about it all.  As I was the supervisor, I dealt with her, apologised, gave her the number to call, etc.

I saw her again a few weeks later & she told me that the company didn't pay out.  She had claimed for a new window & a days lost pay........she got nothing for either.  The company's excuse was that "all necessary precautions had been taken" & that it was an "unavoidable accident".  I don't know what they meant by necessary precautions or unavoidable accident?  The strimmers have guards, but it doesn't eliminate stones being thrown out.

She said she would be taking it further & I said that if she needed a statement from me I would be happy to help.  She wrote to a local newspaper, stating that the workers had accepted responsibility (which I had), but the company wouldn't pay out.  The company eventually paid her for the window, but not the loss of money.

A long-winded way of saying.........good luck!! 

A spoke on the phone and it doesn't seem they'll be any problem with the excess, she wasn't very reassuring about the days pay but if I don't try I've got no chance.