Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Dont listen to Moose he is just jealous. Nice car, one of the ladies in my team has one in black.

Peronsally I am more of an Audi A6 Avant S Line Le Mans 2.7tdi in black man.

lol lol

No need for a big car yet for me as I only normally have the missus in the car.

My dad's got the Q7 3.0 Quattro S-Line bloody lovely car. Unfortunately he wouldn't buy me one of them.

lol lol

No need for a big car yet for me as I only normally have the missus in the car.

My dad's got the Q7 3.0 Quattro S-Line bloody lovely car. Unfortunately he wouldn't buy me one of them.

My mates just bought the Q5, really is nice. The Q7 looks massive.

My mates just bought the Q5, really is nice. The Q7 looks massive.

They are. My parents drive to South France quite a lot, so they needed a big car to put stuff in the boot. It's also the 7 seater one so handy when my nephews and nieces are going away with them.

If that's a dig at me then I can assure you I've never paid monthly or leased a car.

Some people do work and save money for things they want you know.

Hardly a dig, just a response to my post. He's right that I just prefer to own a cheap car rather than pay monthly. No disrespect to those who do, cars just aren't really my 'thing'.

Hardly a dig, just a response to my post. He's right that I just prefer to own a cheap car rather than pay monthly. No disrespect to those who do, cars just aren't really my 'thing'.

Not everyone who owns a nice car pays monthly or leases them though.

I try and change my car every 2 years so I don't lose to much money on them.

How does that work? Surely if you're continuously owning a newish car then you're continuously suffering the heaviest depreciation?

Change it every 2-3 years, this time I've had to put £3700 towards a practically a new car. I sold mine privately and got a good price for it.

If I kept this now for the next 5 years when I go to sell it, it will be hardly worth anything near what I paid. If I change it in 2 years time yes I will have lost a bit of money but I won't have to put much money towards a new one.

Change it every 2-3 years, this time I've had to put £3700 towards a practically a new car. I sold mine privately and got a good price for it.

If I kept this now for the next 5 years when I go to sell it, it will be hardly worth anything near what I paid. If I change it in 2 years time yes I will have lost a bit of money but I won't have to put much money towards a new one.

You might want to test that theory with a lease option unless high mileage is an issue

Cars depreciate the most when you first buy them, so the newer the cars you buy and the more frequently you change them, the more you are losing.  

But, don't worry about that really. If you can afford it and you enjoy it then go for it.

Obviously you've never had the privilege to ride in a Lada.

I haven't unfortunately. Driven behind quite a few Lada Nivas on Bulgarian mountain passes and I'd love to get behind the wheel of one. I had the dubious privilege of driving a Zastava 101 before, it's quite similar to the Golf II.

Edited by bovril

Bit of an oversimplification, it's all about measuring the success of the brand's social media campaigns, working out how they can be improved in the future, identifying key influencers on social media etc. Should be a really interesting role.

Winter has arrived!!

Snow has started falling in the mountains. Mind you everywhere in Lesotho is mountains. This is going to be a cold winter!

snow20140423afriski2.jpg

Cue the red lorries Rich