Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest Col city fan

I've owned a Lada with a dodgy clutch and an FSO, beat that.

So did I

A Lada Riva Estate

What a pile of fookin shite that was!

Well since the passing of my partners father, weird stuff has been happening around the house.

As a man I brushed it off making excuses for it and my partner is obviously scared but now it's starting to freak me out a little. It all started with the lights flickering for a second, then the dogs growling at absolutely nothing.

Before all the weird stuff happening my partner said she got up in the middle of the night, went loo and believes she seen a figure in the room at the end of our hallway. Then all this started happening. The other night I randomly woke up at around 3am. As I tried to get back sleep, the sign on our bathroom randomly fell off the door. Then 10 minutes later I heard what sounded like the metal weight on the bottom of the bathroom light pull chord hit the bathroom unit.

I'm still unsure about whether it's just coincedence or whether it's my partners dad trying to communicate. But tonight me and my partner was both watching TV in the front room when all of a suddern the TV turned off. The dogs we're startled and started to growl. I turned the TV back on but it then happened another 4 times.

We've decided to go bed and watch TV, nothing has happened YET, but I have heard the dogs barking downstairs.

Anybody else experienced weird stuff before after losing a loved one?

Well since the passing of my partners father, weird stuff has been happening around the house.

As a man I brushed it off making excuses for it and my partner is obviously scared but now it's starting to freak me out a little. It all started with the lights flickering for a second, then the dogs growling at absolutely nothing.

Before all the weird stuff happening my partner said she got up in the middle of the night, went loo and believes she seen a figure in the room at the end of our hallway. Then all this started happening. The other night I randomly woke up at around 3am. As I tried to get back sleep, the sign on our bathroom randomly fell off the door. Then 10 minutes later I heard what sounded like the metal weight on the bottom of the bathroom light pull chord hit the bathroom unit.

I'm still unsure about whether it's just coincedence or whether it's my partners dad trying to communicate. But tonight me and my partner was both watching TV in the front room when all of a suddern the TV turned off. The dogs we're startled and started to growl. I turned the TV back on but it then happened another 4 times.

We've decided to go bed and watch TV, nothing has happened YET, but I have heard the dogs barking downstairs.

That has freaked me out somewhat although I don't really believe in such things. I remember the night of my Grandmother's funeral we were staying in her old house and it was the longest night of my life, I swear I heard and saw all sorts of shit. But the mind plays tricks. Keep us posted!

This sort of stuff probably happened often but you've probably only just started to become aware of it, because of the passing it's made you conscious of these things your subconscious dismissed.

Well that's my view, anyway - sorry to hear about him passing away.

That has freaked me out somewhat although I don't really believe in such things. I remember the night of my Grandmother's funeral we were staying in her old house and it was the longest night of my life, I swear I heard and saw all sorts of shit. But the mind plays tricks. Keep us posted!

His funeral is on this Friday. I'll keep you updated on here if anything else's happens but I'm hoping it doesn't.

This sort of stuff probably happened often but you've probably only just started to become aware of it, because of the passing it's made you conscious of these things your subconscious dismissed.

Well that's my view, anyway - sorry to hear about him passing away.

I hear what you're saying and I thought this, brushing it off as nothing until tonight. The TV has never turned off on its own. It's my TV and I've had it for about 5 years and it's never gone off on its own, then to happen 4 times on the trot, one time with me holding the remote in my hand. Very weird. A friend suggested that it's probably over heating. But I've played my PS3 on it for more than 4+ hours and it's never turned off or overheated. It's also been suggested that maybe next door have the same TV, same remote as ours and possibly my TV is picking up the signal from next door, but next doors house is empty, know one lives there.

Wierrddddddd.

The only solution is to give your partner a good seeing to. If doors start slamming its time to move house.

So i got this free sample in the post. thought id give it a try. a moisturizer. I put it on and its smelling nice but after about 20 minutes  my face began to burn a little bit... read the packet it and it turns out to be an exfoliator. Must admit thought the little bits were a bit much for a moisturizer... cant even raise an eyebrow now or my whole face will crack it was on that long....

Yeh my mates going through exactly the same thing at the moment since his missis' grandad died.

Mobiles vibrating late at night- easily explainable I guess

Their 2 year old refusing to sleep upstairs etc. Its freaking my mate out a bit

To be honest the only weird stuff ive noticed happening to me.. is when i look at your sig for too long.

It's just a coincidence buzzer, it'll stop happening in a few weeks when you stop noticing.

Yeah hopefully.

The missis woke me up last night crying her eyes out. Says she heard something fall downstairs and some other weird noises. Had to leave the bedroom lamp on over the night so she could get back sleep.

Ohh and randomly this morning the TV in the bedroom came on by itself :unsure:

Yeah hopefully.

The missis woke me up last night crying her eyes out. Says she heard something fall downstairs and some other weird noises. Had to leave the bedroom lamp on over the night so she could get back sleep.

Ohh and randomly this morning the TV in the bedroom came on by itself :unsure:

Strikes me that your missus is just grieving and it'll pass. Best thing you can do is stay calm, rational and not encourage it.

Whilst I don't believe in the paranormal, think of it this way, if it is the spirit of a relative then why would they want to harm you? What would be there to fear?

Strikes me that your missus is just grieving and it'll pass. Best thing you can do is stay calm, rational and not encourage it.

Whilst I don't believe in the paranormal, think of it this way, if it is the spirit of a relative then why would they want to harm you? What would be there to fear?

That's what my partners relatives are saying but my girlfriend is still absolutely shit scared. But maybe it is coincidence? But it's just weird it's all happening soon after the passing of her father.

My mates just bought the Q5, really is nice. The Q7 looks massive.

I like the SQ5 i think its called, not just S line model but the one with some serious guff under the bonnet. Quick for a 4x4.

On the subject of buying new cars outright I would never buy one new, I would always buy a demo. New cars depreciate so fast in the first 6 months of ownership. A demo with 500 miles on the clock will be as good as new.

If you are leasing though it can work out much cheaper. You can get a new car with say a £5-7k deposit say an A3, golf, 1 series type) brand new for between £150-200 a month. you never have to MOT, or pay for a service and if you give it back after 36 months mileage dependent you probably wont have to pay for any new brakes, tyres etc.

My contracts up on my phone at the end of the month, currently have an iphone4, not sure what to get next??

Nokia Lumia is getting rave reviews. I personally don't like iPhones. Depending on how much you like them would it be easier to get an iPhone 5 or do you definitely want a change?

Nokia Lumia is getting rave reviews. I personally don't like iPhones. Depending on how much you like them would it be easier to get an iPhone 5 or do you definitely want a change?

I was thinking of just going for the iPhone 5, as that's all I'm used to, but a few people have told me to get the Samsung 5