Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just finishing off paintwork in my lounge in readiness for new carpet going in. Imagine my delight when I discover that wherever not exposed to direct sunlight, Dulux white gloss turns a lovely shade of yellow

All oil based paint yellows with time, it's even worse now that the formula has been changed for environmental reasons.

All oil based paint yellows with time, it's even worse now that the formula has been changed for environmental reasons.

I wouldn't mind so much if it was much time, but it's not even a year. Where a pile of cardboard was sat on a cupboard there's now a lovely yellow patch. Are all glosses this bad now? I'm all for not destroying the environment but the whole point of gloss is it's meant to last!

I wouldn't mind so much if it was much time, but it's not even a year. Where a pile of cardboard was sat on a cupboard there's now a lovely yellow patch. Are all glosses this bad now? I'm all for not destroying the environment but the whole point of gloss is it's meant to last!

The moral of this story is to not leave piles of cardboard laying around. :whistle: Or to use a more exciting paint colour. :D

All oil based paints will yellow, quicker if it's in a dark place or warm, it's always been like this but it's got worse in the last 3/4 years.If you want to avoid yellowing you have to use water based gloss, the problem is the finish isn't as good.

When I was an apprentice 30 years ago we were told that oil based paints would be phased out in 10 years and they're still saying now. It'll will happen 1 day I suppose.

Sorry to hear that. She's got the house then?  How desperate are you? There are good and bad landlords. If you work should be no problem to find a deposit for a decent place that isn't falling down and full of riff raff for neighbours.

Edited by Rincewind

Yesterday was OK. Had a cheque in the post from CCP. I sent of a compensation form off and they paid up. On the form I just put I wasn't given all the details. I may get another cheque as I had got two different accounts with them. I had cancelled both so thought I may not get anything. The amount was under £100 but I won't dispute it. It was to do with my credit and debit cards and I was unaware until later that loss and theft is covered anyway by the banks so an extra cover is not needed.

For those that do not know, a suggestion for after gane P up. The Swan and Rushes have a SciFi beer festival starting Friday as a theme and all the ale names will have some connection. They also have food and music. I was going kings Head but may go there after. may go Friday anyway.

For those that do not know, a suggestion for after gane P up. The Swan and Rushes have a SciFi beer festival starting Friday as a theme and all the ale names will have some connection. They also have food and music. I was going kings Head but may go there after. may go Friday anyway.

Well I for one am on absolute tenterhooks to find out which boozer you go to.