Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

That's a shame Balts, how old was she?

Thanks Webbo. She was 85, so a good age. She had a stroke 18 months ago, but last night my Dad called to say she had gallstones and might only last a few weeks, it turned out to only be a few hours. So, we had prepared following the stroke, but the gallstones and quick shut down of the liver was a sad surprise.

Thanks Webbo. She was 85, so a good age. She had a stroke 18 months ago, but last night my Dad called to say she had gallstones and might only last a few weeks, it turned out to only be a few hours. So, we had prepared following the stroke, but the gallstones and quick shut down of the liver was a sad surprise.

sorry to hear BB,especially when your miles away.

Car broken into last night, nothing taken fortunately. It's just the little triangular window by the wingmirror that was smashed. Anyone have any idea how much that'll cost to get replaced? Only recently insured so don't want to make a claim if pos and I doubt it'd be over my excess anyway.

Sorry to hear it Baltimore, condolences to your family. May she rest in peace.

One of the best ever. I love a good national anthem.

My flatmate and I used to hope for a Russian win in every COD4 game.

As do I. Pretty bizarre thing of mine actually.

Turkey's is also quality.

Sorry to hear that Baltimore. RIP.

Time for my most random comment ever. USSR's national anthem is unreal.

I agree. Would've been inspiring to listen to as a citizen.

I know some people won't agree with me but I feel incredibly let down by our national anthem, especially when I listen to some of the others out there.

Car broken into last night, nothing taken fortunately. It's just the little triangular window by the wingmirror that was smashed. Anyone have any idea how much that'll cost to get replaced? Only recently insured so don't want to make a claim if pos and I doubt it'd be over my excess anyway.

I've only ever had my car broken into once & that was in Sheffield, just round the corner from the Springvale pub.......1996 it was & the bastards had my speakers, stereo & Leftfield tape that was in the stereo.

Aren't you in Sheffield?  They smashed the quarter window on my car too, of which I was oddly grateful.  I seem to remember it costing around £70.  I would have thought it would be around £100.  The glass is cheap.  It's their time that costs the money.

I've only ever had my car broken into once & that was in Sheffield, just round the corner from the Springvale pub.......1996 it was & the bastards had my speakers, stereo & Leftfield tape that was in the stereo.

Aren't you in Sheffield?  They smashed the quarter window on my car too, of which I was oddly grateful.  I seem to remember it costing around £70.  I would have thought it would be around £100.  The glass is cheap.  It's their time that costs the money.

I'm looking for somewhere/one to do it for cheap, autoglass quoted me £215 earlier!!!!!! The window bit seems to go for like £40 on ebay. Such a pain in the arse, guess I'm supposed to (should) be grateful they didn't hotwire the ****er.

I'm looking for somewhere/one to do it for cheap, autoglass quoted me £215 earlier!!!!!! The window bit seems to go for like £40 on ebay. Such a pain in the arse, guess I'm supposed to (should) be grateful they didn't hotwire the ****er.

It is something you can do yourself, but it's not something I would fancy tackling.

If you were in Leicester, I know a few mechanics who might be able to help.  Any 'reliable' mechanics/garages in your area you can ask?  If they can't, they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Day off today for Labour Day. Going to go Communist spotting in Sofia. Interesting how in Western European countries these May Day parades are always full of keffiyeh-wearing, flare-throwing student types but in former Eastern Bloc countries it's just old ladies with perms waving little red flags.