Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Ours is average.

Italy's a very popular one (deservedly so) but USSR/Russia is my favourite personally.

Britain's isn't average it's ****ing terrible. There aren't many worse, Austria maybe! (**** you, Red Bull.)

Italy and France are excellent, Ireland and Wales are favourites. Germany, Russia, Argentina, all class.

I like the new world lot, too, Seth Efrika, God Defend New Zealand and Advance Australia Fair.

• Like 1

Britain's isn't average it's ****ing terrible. There aren't many worse, Austria maybe! (**** you, Red Bull.)

Italy and France are excellent, Ireland and Wales are favourites. Germany, Russia, Argentina, all class.

I like the new world lot, too, Seth Efrika, God Defend New Zealand and Advance Australia Fair.

Really? Far far too light. Anthems should have some pomp.

Agree with the rest of your shouts though. Germanys is actually my personal favourite.

You've all missed Sri Lanka.

No anthem comes close, the best I've heard.

Just looked it up. I was going to say "I assume you're taking the piss" but I don't want to offend you if you're actually Sri Lankan and think it's the bee's knees!

Poland's is good just for having a lyric that sounds like "Sherry, whoopsy!"

Guest MattP

Just looked it up. I was going to say "I assume you're taking the piss" but I don't want to offend you if you're actually Sri Lankan and think it's the bee's knees!

lol

I absolutely love it, been one of my favourites ever since I went there!

Guest MattP

Jerusalem is better than what you have now but still worse than basically everything else named so far.

Jerusalem is absolutely spine tingling when sang by a huge crowd in unison.

(Unless its the WI obviously)

Jerusalem is absolutely spine tingling when sang by a huge crowd in unison.

(Unless its the WI obviously)

I suppose it's always more impressive when it means more to you. I'm convinced I'll never be moved more than by the sound of 75000 people belting out Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau.

That said, I'm fairly confident even the most avid Cymrophobes would admit we're reasonably blessed in anthem terms!

(We do a good line in booing too! ;))

Edited by Finnegan

Guest MattP

Cymrophobe, I've not heard that one before.

Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau is beautiful, I always sing along to it when I'm watching the rugby or if England and Wales are playing at Glamorgan.

Guest MattP

Now when you say sing along...

I can pass it off.

When I went to the Newport V York final at Wembley with the Welsh lads from my local they actually gave out a phonetical version of the Welsh national anthem (probably says a lot about Newport) to the fans to sing along to. I had a good go.

I suppose it's always more impressive when it means more to you. I'm convinced I'll never be moved more than by the sound of 75000 people belting out Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau.

That said, I'm fairly confident even the most avid Cymrophobes would admit we're reasonably blessed in anthem terms!

Of course a nation of choir boys and rugby players are going to have good anthems. Gays love a little sing song.

• Like 2

There is an English language version as well isn't there?

Ordered something from Amazon on Sunday. Delivery estimate was between today and 3rd May. Tracked the item and it says 'The tracking item was delivered from Wilstead SPDO on 30-04-2014.' Wilstead is a tiny, tiny village. It has a tiny post office (the delivery office). Should it have come yesterday or at least today? Should I be worried yet that it hasn't come - fairly expensive item so I'm quite concerned that it says 'delivered' but I haven't got it yet!