Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Got here eventually. There was a big smash up on the motory leaading into Glasgow where we were getting the ferry. 3 lorry's and six cars I think. Air ambulance and all sorts attended.  The road was closed. Luckiky we were near a service station then went by the back way to Hamleton and to Glasgow from the other direction. We caught the kast ferry only because they held it up a while. Can't have been much in it otherwise Shearings would have had to pay for a hotel for the night for us all. The driver said the boss was worried (no bonus for him?)

Anyway in my bedroom at just before 10 and I am wasting drinking time. I'm off to the bar despite the prices.

Got here eventually. There was a big smash up on the motory leaading into Glasgow where we were getting the ferry. 3 lorry's and six cars I think. Air ambulance and all sorts attended.  The road was closed. Luckiky we were near a service station then went by the back way to Hamleton and to Glasgow from the other direction. We caught the kast ferry only because they held it up a while. Can't have been much in it otherwise Shearings would have had to pay for a hotel for the night for us all. The driver said the boss was worried (no bonus for him?)

Anyway in my bedroom at just before 10 and I am wasting drinking time. I'm off to the bar despite the prices.

Have a good one and please, stay safe.

Got here eventually. There was a big smash up on the motory leaading into Glasgow where we were getting the ferry. 3 lorry's and six cars I think. Air ambulance and all sorts attended. The road was closed. Luckiky we were near a service station then went by the back way to Hamleton and to Glasgow from the other direction. We caught the kast ferry only because they held it up a while. Can't have been much in it otherwise Shearings would have had to pay for a hotel for the night for us all. The driver said the boss was worried (no bonus for him?)

His boss was probably worried because the driver might have been pushing close to his driving limit. Also being caught late, even though you can't help it, does look a bit shit. Some passengers still complain even though they know why the coach ran late.

Did not hear anyone complain. most said it was not his fault and h

was doing his best to get us there in time. In constant contact with the company about the situation. If we had stayed on the same road though we would had been stuck for at least 3 hours. It was horrendous and people were still trying to join the traffic from the service setation.

No Wifi have to use a dongle which is slow. When I got to the room there were a few birds outside singing (feathered ones) and there is a great view of the bay.

Did not hear anyone complain. most said it was not his fault and h

was doing his best to get us there in time. In constant contact with the company about the situation. If we had stayed on the same road though we would had been stuck for at least 3 hours. It was horrendous and people were still trying to join the traffic from the service setation.

No Wifi have to use a dongle which is slow. When I got to the room there were a few birds outside singing (feathered ones) and there is a great view of the bay.

Oh not saying anyone was complaining, just saying that's why the boss would be worrying.

Went on a bike ride tonight and was in the middle of nowhere in the fens.

Saw this women I vaguely know with a bloke.Got chatting because I do that a lot and he had a E midlands accent.He was a Leicester lad.Next thing I know half an hour as gone by talking about the 80s/90s and now.Great to see someone else who supports Leicester from my mums village.i got bitten to fook by mozzies as we were near a river.

Sun was out ubtil we got to Glasgow. Funny enough there were fewer cars coming out than going in.

They have wifi here but it is in the cocktail lounge and available 10am-10pm. TV only has analog with five stations and they are Scottish.

Walked into the town centre anf got to a pub just before they closed at 11. Not a lot of street lighting about.

In bed all day recovering from the weekend.

I'll be dead by 40.

Back in my 20s, when I was the second biggest pisshead in London, my mate - who was the biggest pisshead in London - used to say that he'd be dead by 30. He celebrates his 50th next weekend, though some others have fallen by the wayside.

Mind you, I've been annoying myself recently by wasting time on pointless drinking, I'm instituting a new regime, "drinking to some purpose": I'm permitted to get it down my neck when there's a good reason (meeting friends, at gigs, after a long walk), but not just because I've finished another tedious day's work and am feeling jaded yet again because I stayed up late the night before for no good reason....

You'll be alright, though, Matt. With all the people in your year group who've died young, you'll have to live to 100 to bring the average life expectancy back up to 70-odd. That's how stats work, isn't it? Anyway, you're big-boned like me, so you've got somewhere to store it all and it won't clog up your arteries....top biologist, I am!  lol

Same. I really need to calm down after Kasabian

In contrast, you're doomed, mate! You don't just drink too much, you also get up too early, work too much, earn too much, eat too much junk, chase too many women, own too much property and crap on too many motorway verges. Get a grip for fvck's sake, man, or you won't live to see LCFC in the Premier!  lol

Went on a bike ride tonight and was in the middle of nowhere in the fens.

Saw this women I vaguely know with a bloke.Got chatting because I do that a lot and he had a E midlands accent.He was a Leicester lad.Next thing I know half an hour as gone by talking about the 80s/90s and now.Great to see someone else who supports Leicester from my mums village.i got bitten to fook by mozzies as we were near a river.

That started really well, Cambridge. I thought we were in for a strange tale of eroticism and mystery in the misty fens, but then the narrative momentum petered out - or Kenned out, should I say...."Take a walk on the mild side!" :whistle:

Keep trying, son, keep trying, you have the potential for a bodice-ripper there... ;)

• Like 1

That started really well, Cambridge. I thought we were in for a strange tale of eroticism and mystery in the misty fens, but then the narrative momentum petered out - or Kenned out, should I say...."Take a walk on the mild side!" :whistle:

Keep trying, son, keep trying, you have the potential for a bodice-ripper there... ;)

Think I had a lucky escape Alf,although when I said I was trying to lose some weight she said" I tell you what you need,plenty of sex" Think there was a message in there that I chose to ignore.Honestly she did say that I did think when I saw her I thought oi oi,you have never struck me as the walking type,I bet your going for a farmyard fook!
  • Like 2

Think I had a lucky escape Alf,although when I said I was trying to lose some weight she said" I tell you what you need,plenty of sex" Think there was a message in there that I chose to ignore.Honestly she did say that I did think when I saw her I thought oi oi,you have never struck me as the walking type,I bet your going for a farmyard fook!

"A farmyard fook"... I like that.  lol  I shall borrow that and use it in polite company from outside Leicestershire!

"A farmyard fook"... I like that.  lol  I shall borrow that and use it in polite company from outside Leicestershire!

You are welcome,I made that up actually trying to set the rural scene.funnily enough I was in the local shop earlier where she works,I walked in the door,it's packed and she yells across the counter" Here he comes Mr Leicester City,you made my boyfriends night" I was going to say she probably did that but thought it uncouth considering some of the age group in the shop.One lad said well done.it was as if I had gained them promotion myself.