Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

In London for a filming of QI with the other half. Not a fan of the place tbh, too far south.

I went to a pilot of a panel show based around popular Internet people/groups/phenomena a few months ago. Was a decent shindig considering the tickets were free, but I lost my voice on the way down and didn't get it back for about 2 weeks.

I'd imagine QI would be even better, have fun down there!

Edited by Finnaldo
  • Like 1

Ran out of time in my English exam so I'll be coming out with a B at best which is sickening because I've gotten A*s throughout the year and I achieved 4 A*s in my coursework last year.

Edited by Wookie

Ran out of time in my English exam so I'll be coming out with a B at best which is sickening because I've gotten A*s throughout the year and I achieved 4 A* in my coursework last year.

What was the question?

What was the question?

I was doing Hound of the Baskervilles, I started on the questions that are worth more marks. The one I missed was something along the lines of 'How is the character of Sir Henry presented in the extract?'

I was doing Hound of the Baskervilles, I started on the questions that are worth more marks. The one I missed was something along the lines of 'How is the character of Sir Henry presented in the extract?'

You should be okay I think, I got all A* in my coursework and messed up the exam but still came out with an A*, although I didn't lose a single mark in the coursework. Depends what your UMS is.

You should be okay I think, I got all A* in my coursework and messed up the exam but still came out with an A*, although I didn't lose a single mark in the coursework. Depends what your UMS is.

What exam board did you have?

I hope that the grade boundaries are low 'cos English is supposedly by best subject.

What exam board did you have?

I hope that the grade boundaries are low 'cos English is supposedly by best subject.

AQA, they weren't particularly low. Bare in mind that most of the country's school children aren't great at English, too.

AQA, they weren't particularly low. Bare in mind that most of the country's school children aren't great at English, too.

My exam was edexcel, yeah there is that but even if I had finished I wouldn't have felt brilliantly confident. 

My exam was edexcel, yeah there is that but even if I had finished I wouldn't have felt brilliantly confident.

If you're running out of time the best thing to do is go straight to the conclusion, as a lot of marks are for a clearly defined argument.

I've just chucked one of the buds of my E10s in my cup of tea after taking it out to answer the phone.

FML.

#firstworldproblems

I've done similar. Was outside in the garage varnishing one of our benches with iPod & earphones in. Pot of varnish was next to me, earphone fell out and straight in to the pot. 

Back in my 20s, when I was the second biggest pisshead in London, my mate - who was the biggest pisshead in London - used to say that he'd be dead by 30. He celebrates his 50th next weekend, though some others have fallen by the wayside.

Mind you, I've been annoying myself recently by wasting time on pointless drinking, I'm instituting a new regime, "drinking to some purpose": I'm permitted to get it down my neck when there's a good reason (meeting friends, at gigs, after a long walk), but not just because I've finished another tedious day's work and am feeling jaded yet again because I stayed up late the night before for no good reason....

You'll be alright, though, Matt. With all the people in your year group who've died young, you'll have to live to 100 to bring the average life expectancy back up to 70-odd. That's how stats work, isn't it? Anyway, you're big-boned like me, so you've got somewhere to store it all and it won't clog up your arteries....top biologist, I am! lol

In contrast, you're doomed, mate! You don't just drink too much, you also get up too early, work too much, earn too much, eat too much junk, chase too many women, own too much property and crap on too many motorway verges. Get a grip for fvck's sake, man, or you won't live to see LCFC in the Premier! lol

You're right about everyone one of those apart from the property and money

Guest MattP

I've seen QI, HIGNFY and Buzzcocks all filmed a couple of times. It's great fun, you'll love it. They record two odd hours of material and the best stuff is always too random or offensive for tv.

I've never done anything like this, I'm going to add it to my list.

I've visited about half the pubs in Rothesay. Did a few yesterday afternoon and was going to do some more at night after dinner but after the first place came back I was shattered.

One placed yester afternoon I poked my head inside and a young bloke sitting at the bar waved me in. Everyones welcome he said. Barmaid very friendly too. She wrote down all the bars in the area. I asked the young lad his views on independance and he said he was not bothered one way or the other his life would still be the same. They said it was an idylic lifestyle with no worries that the city would have. Also housng is cheap to live there and available. Not sure its for me as wonderful as the area and place is. I would miss the city life.got on to talking about the film Local Hero which kinda resembles how it is to live here.

• Like 1

I've visited about half the pubs in Rothesay. Did a few yesterday afternoon and was going to do some more at night after dinner but after the first place came back I was shattered.

One placed yester afternoon I poked my head inside and a young bloke sitting at the bar waved me in. Everyones welcome he said. Barmaid very friendly too. She wrote down all the bars in the area. I asked the young lad his views on independance and he said he was not bothered one way or the other his life would still be the same. They said it was an idylic lifestyle with no worries that the city would have. Also housng is cheap to live there and available. Not sure its for me as wonderful as the area and place is. I would miss the city life.got on to talking about the film Local Hero which kinda resembles how it is to live here.

Glad you're having a good time Ken :appl:

I've never done anything like this, I'm going to add it to my list.

It's definitely worth it.

Unless it's changed, it's completely free as well. You're basically an unpaid extra. You apply and they write back giving you a date to turn up. You then oblige.

The only catch is you have to turn up early as they'll send you a hundred or so more invites as there are spaces to make sure it'll be full and you queue outside.

We once missed out by about two or three spaces so they guaranteed us a spot the week later. Obviously, I was living in London at the time so it wasn't a huge loss if we missed out.

If you travel for it, get there at least an hour early and have a back up plan for your evening.

I always used to think of Scottish beer as being pretty crap (80/- or whatever), but there seem to be a lot of good ales up there these days - or at least The Offie stocks a lot of them.

Great film that is, "Local Hero". Directed by the same bloke who did "Gregory's Girl", I think, and at least as good - different sort of humour, quite wry - with an unlikely cameo by Burt Lancaster.

Not a great start to my day. Cat didn't come home this morning for his food. I arrived at work to a text from Borrajos vet asking to get in touch, he had been hit by a car over night and suffered a head trauma. Probable instant death so atleast he didn't suffer. He was only 18 months old too. Absolutely gutted to be honest. Mine and my wife's first pet in our first home together and now he's gone.

RIP little Oscar