Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Had the burger, didn't complete it and I'm more embarrassed about that than my weekends antics. I was one breaded chicken breast away but to be fair I also dropped a piece of bacon on the floor so my attempt was in vain from that moment.

lol I tried the burger, literally had a piece of beef worth about two bites left on my plate but just the thought of it made me want to throw up at that point. Biggest regret of my life.

edit: Just remember when my mate did it, he'd cut the fat off the bacon, but when he made it to the end we made him eat the cold congealed fat from the side of his plate before we'd accept that he'd done it. lol

Edited by potter3

Had the burger, didn't complete it and I'm more embarrassed about that than my weekends antics. I was one breaded chicken breast away but to be fair I also dropped a piece of bacon on the floor so my attempt was in vain from that moment.

No three second rule on the bacon mate?

Nothing to be mocked about learning to play an instrument, whatever it is.

I wish I'd have stuck it out more when I was playing. I get frustrated learning new things, if I'm not naturally apt at something I tend to give up immediately. I hate not being very good at something, I'm the same with languages, art, you name it.

lol yeah thats the issue with me, time and motivation.

ha-gaaaaay-o.gif

lol this has been the response by my mates.

I don't care tho ;)

I usually beat them both at scrabble. Mum managed to get her 7 tiles out twice in a match and nana was beating me at one point too. Then nana 'accidentally' knocked the board off the poof lol

Is your Nana a homophobe, then? Tell her that next time she's to sit nice and still on the pouffe and to treat your gay friends with a little more respect.  lol

My violin lessons start tomorrow lol

A little bit gay but always wanted to be able to be "good" at it

You ought to try the fiddle instead - a much better instrument. You could form a folk-punk band like The Levellers.

Had a Larkin 'Whitsun Weddings' moment today on the train, full of teens going to their prom. "All windows down, all cushions hot, all sense of being in a hurry gone." A nice moment of idle happiness.

Good to see a little poetic sensibility on here. I think less of myself for the fact that my dirty mind instinctively connected the prom queens to the hot cushions.

Edited by Alf Bentley

Guest Col city fan

I wish I'd have stuck it out more when I was playing. I get frustrated learning new things, if I'm not naturally apt at something I tend to give up immediately. I hate not being very good at something, I'm the same with languages, art, you name it.

Blimey! A bit of self disclosure from 'Finners'.

I'm the same. Very little patience for learning something that takes a lot of learning and practice.

I get bored easily. Your posts often bring this on..

:P

Try Duolingo app for your generic smartphone or computer. I'm using it to learn Spanish and it's great and really easy to use.

I haven't played my banjo in nearly a year since I broke a couple of fingers and especially since we moved into the flat :(

Can't find the train thread but just spoken to my brother who looked up fares for when I go and says he saw on Trainline where it is around or under £20 each way with a railcard (senior) Not too bad. Sorted out the other arrangements about where I am staying so i am just going to check and book my train.

Can't find the train thread but just spoken to my brother who looked up fares for when I go and says he saw on Trainline where it is around or under £20 each way with a railcard (senior) Not too bad. Sorted out the other arrangements about where I am staying so i am just going to check and book my train.

Where you off now kenbo? Back from one holiday, straight off on another! What a life eh.

Guest MattP

Just booked train tickets for London in two weeks, I really understand the moaning over prices. I'm going and coming back first class and it's costing me less than £45 to get to the capital in an hour and ten minutes ish.

The first class lounge at Leicester station was fantastic as well last time I went in, so relaxing and a million miles away from having to sit in one of ghastly waiting rooms on the platform.

Just booked train tickets for London in two weeks, I really understand the moaning over prices. I'm going and coming back first class and it's costing me less than £45 to get to the capital in an hour and ten minutes ish.

The first class lounge at Leicester station was fantastic as well last time I went in, so relaxing and a million miles away from having to sit in one of ghastly waiting rooms on the platform.

Cost me £8 to go first class from Varna to Sofia (8 hour journey) a couple of years go!!

Obviously cant compare that to Britain but our train prices are a ****ing joke!

Replacement phone ordered, car booked in for a window replacement after some mug smashed it. Only a £75 excess to pay and it won't affect no claims, better than the £230 that autoglass wanted in the first place.

Anyone seen any issues with insurance premiums going up after a glass claim?

Moose going Lake District for my sister's wedding (28th June) I'm filling for father of the brideApart from going to see family in November once a year Scotland and the wedding are the only times I have gone away in the last 5-7 years How many holidays have you had?

My last job was a 48 hr 52 week sort and I only had time off if there was someone to cover aNd then then I never went anyhere sPecial. Normally had time off in November and a few days to volunteer at the Leicester Beer Festival so not really holiday.