Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just got called into the bosses office. Turns out im getting a 4% payrise

£1210

Nice1 :thumbup:

In the last couple of pages your employer has thrown a load of cash at you. Well played sir!

In the last couple of pages your employer has thrown a load of cash at you. Well played sir!

I know and he told me my yearly bonus has gone up by 1.25%

So with that increase aswel as a rise in my annual salary my bonus next year will be SWEEEEEET

Yesterday, I had to pull some information out of my rear end. We send it to our investor, who notes that the first organisation data is incorrect. We did state that this information was a rapid scan, using available information (google), and highlighted it as a beta scan. Hopefully my boss understands.

Was going unassumingly until about ten minutes ago when after cutting up 2 turkey legs with a global meat cleaver (yes humblebrag) and then attempting to wash said impressive cleaver it slipped out of my hand underwater and sliced the top of my thumb (straight down to the nail not across). I immediately wrapped it in a towel and squeezed while offering my neighbours no choice but to listen to my profanities, and then washed it, put some antiseptic cream on and about 10 plasters.

If I don't make it, I love you all. 

Edited by Unabomber

Praying for you Jonny boy.

In other, more serious news, I nearly saw a cyclist get run over today. Driving down a main road, sitting in fairly slow-moving traffic. Car in front of me is just next to a turning off to a side-road. Cyclist comes by me not going that fast but decent enough speed. Car in front decides to turn suddenly in to said junction, presumably to take a short-cut. Clearly didn't check his mirrors cos the cyclist was virtually at the junction when the car turned. Luckily there was no serious injury for the cyclist (checked if he was alright and he carried on after a bit of a stop). What pissed me off more though was that the driver just carried on going down the side road. Didn't even pause to check if the cyclist was alright!

Nipped down Matlock Bath for a pint of Carling shandy. Nice little stretch. Tried to climb a mountain and got stuck about 10 metres up, didn't think I was gonna get down, but I managed it in the end. Saw some ducks.

Had a look at the local paper while I was there and some bloke had died after driving off High Tor. Not sure what that is but from the picture it looked like a small mountain.

Went out to the front garden and there was a huge swarm of wasps, went and had a look about an hour later and they'd gone.

Blue tits nesting in my birdbox, had a quick look and theres about 6 eggs.

Later walking up the garden I felt something crawing up my leg, had a little shake and out popped a bee.

Saw 2 male pheasants fighting on my conifers.

Saw a really odd looking creature looked like a beetle, it had red spots on it, caught it and it jumped in my hand like a grasshopper....released it after inspection.

Saw a hawk catch a starling, it landed a few feet away from me, the starling made a horrible sound (unsurprisingly). the hawk just stood there with the starling in one claw looking at me.

I'm expecting a call from david attenborough.

• Like 1

Yesterday me and colleagues went on a tour of the places that anyone who is homeless or under threat of being so could go to for help. Some places I didn;t know existed. I have had my rent at the minimum being a sitting tenant for the last few years and looking at the council and other rents prices is shocking. There is no way way I could pay what is charged without benefits or being on a very good wage. So I do not know how those earning just above the minimum manage.

Also signed up for a course to do with motivation, esteem, money management among other things. Some of it will not be relevant as regards the CV skills and interviews but I can use it in my voluntary role  to pass it on to others. It is a free course run over about 8 weeks at Homberstone Gate where In-training is and includes a free lunch.

If anyone is interested I can give contact details in a PM. At the end you get a certificate and a guaranteed job interview.

Edited by Rincewind

Was going unassumingly until about ten minutes ago when after cutting up 2 turkey legs with a global meat cleaver (yes humblebrag) and then attempting to wash said impressive cleaver it slipped out of my hand underwater and sliced the top of my thumb (straight down to the nail not across). I immediately wrapped it in a towel and squeezed while offering my neighbours no choice but to listen to my profanities, and then washed it, put some antiseptic cream on and about 10 plasters.

If I don't make it, I love you all. 

**** that.

I bit the side of my nail down too far today and thought it was all over. Hang in there mate.

Yesterday me and colleagues went on a tour of the places that anyone who is homeless or under threat of being so could go to for help. Some places I didn;t know existed. I have had my rent at the minimum being a sitting tensant for the last few years and looking at the council and other rents prices is shocking. There is no way way I could pay what is charged without benefits or being on a very good wage. So I do not know how those earning just above the minimum manage.

Also signed up for a course to do with motivation, esteem, money management among other things. Some of it will not be relevant as regards the CV skills and interviews but I can use it in my voluntary role to pass it on to others. It is a free course run over about 8 weeks at Hombersyone Gate where Intraining is and includes a free lunch.

If anyone is interested I can give contact details in a PM. At the end you get a certificate and a guaranteed job interview.

Hopefully spelling lessons are on the agenda.