Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Went out to the front garden and there was a huge swarm of wasps, went and had a look about an hour later and they'd gone.

Blue tits nesting in my birdbox, had a quick look and theres about 6 eggs.

Later walking up the garden I felt something crawing up my leg, had a little shake and out popped a bee.

Saw 2 male pheasants fighting on my conifers.

Saw a really odd looking creature looked like a beetle, it had red spots on it, caught it and it jumped in my hand like a grasshopper....released it after inspection.

Saw a hawk catch a starling, it landed a few feet away from me, the starling made a horrible sound (unsurprisingly). the hawk just stood there with the starling in one claw looking at me.

I'm expecting a call from david attenborough.

That sounds like the diary of Karl Pilkington lol
  • Like 1

Praying for you Jonny boy.

In other, more serious news, I nearly saw a cyclist get run over today. Driving down a main road, sitting in fairly slow-moving traffic. Car in front of me is just next to a turning off to a side-road. Cyclist comes by me not going that fast but decent enough speed. Car in front decides to turn suddenly in to said junction, presumably to take a short-cut. Clearly didn't check his mirrors cos the cyclist was virtually at the junction when the car turned. Luckily there was no serious injury for the cyclist (checked if he was alright and he carried on after a bit of a stop). What pissed me off more though was that the driver just carried on going down the side road. Didn't even pause to check if the cyclist was alright!

And the majority of people say cyclists are idiots. I am both a cyclist and a driver so I see both sides of the spectrum but cyclists get a really bad press.

I'm not really bothered about cyclists one way or the other. But what really fvcks me off when I'm driving in the dark is cyclists who don't wear any lighting or reflective clothing.

The only thing that annoys me with cyclists is when they don't abide to the highway code. Can't have it both ways.

I take it these are in relation to what I saw yesterday.

To the first point, totally agree. Like a car driver must wear a seatbelt, it should be a must for cyclists to wear helmets/reflective clothing. It's for their own safety at the end of the day.

To the second point, there are tons of drivers who don't abide by the code either. Like in the instance yesterday, it takes a second to check your mirrors. Maybe even less. 

So far today I've rescued 3 birds that have flown into the lounge - snatching them from the cat just as she was pondering her next meal. Another one is now sat on a beam looking down at us. 

And I've refereed 'duck wars' on the pond. 

Bloody birds. :rolleyes: 

Left Lincoln for the last time today. Feels pretty weird, and it couldn't have come at a much worse time really, which is frustrating. At least it's not as if I'm leaving uni for good though - masters at Nottingham Trent next year hopefully.

Start a months travelling on Wednesday, both excited and nervous in equal amounts!

I have started to play a game on Facebook called Urban Rivals. It is a type of magic card trading game. At level 5 you can join a guild and level 10 form your own. I am on level 16. I applied recently to join one called Blue Army but after looking at the membership profiles it seemed they were inactive for over a year. Anyway I joined another but if anyone on here wants to play I can start one for Foxestalk members when they reach the required level.

I go to a board gaming club and some are into the MTG thing. I have ordered a couple of decks off Ebay Anyone know the game rules? Got two decks of 40 for under a tenner which is not bad as they are 12 new for 60 then a booster pack is 3 or four quid. Saw one offer on Ebay 900 for £16 which would be good if I had the space. The bloke who is selling mine said he bought his off Ebay and just pits them in 40 sets so if he bought a similar lot and sells them for £4,60 he is making a nice profit.

I just wanted a taster pack and just over 9 quid is not too much if I cannot get on with them and I know people that could take them off my hands.

Terrible day.

Rear tyre split and burst whilst cycling to work. Purchased a new one, new inner tube and new puncture repair patches as I was fresh out. Get home to try and fit the tyre and tube. Being a road bike it took for-fvcking-ever cos it was so tight, then when I finally did get it all on the new inner tube had a split in, possibly caused by me possibly not who knows. After an hour repairing four inner tubes using 13 patches they still won't inflate I just keep finding more holes and tears.

The single most frustrating evening of my life. Wound up isn't the word

• Like 1