Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Terrible day.

Rear tyre split and burst whilst cycling to work. Purchased a new one, new inner tube and new puncture repair patches as I was fresh out. Get home to try and fit the tyre and tube. Being a road bike it took for-fvcking-ever cos it was so tight, then when I finally did get it all on the new inner tube had a split in, possibly caused by me possibly not who knows. After an hour repairing four inner tubes using 13 patches they still won't inflate I just keep finding more holes and tears.

The single most frustrating evening of my life. Wound up isn't the word

It sounds like them wheels have had you going round in circles.
  • Like 1

Back from Paphos,managed to meet a few Foxes and stood behind 4 Tattooed Forest fans at the bar,I managed to wind them up without trying,I think they were waiting for the p!ss takes but being humble was doing its trick,then bang" fookin hate Leicester,absolutely hate them and we don't care about you"my reply" for someone who doesn't care you seem to have told me how much you hate us twice,so obviously do care.i win" walked away.i kept calling ourselves bin dippers too so they couldn't use that one on me.

Also a young lad was training in the Gym in a Millwall FC training kit.Hoping to play this year,thought a degree of bull involved but googled his name and indeed he has got a contract Alfie Pavey,seemed a good lad,polite and chatty.Will look out for him.Google said he scored 120 odd goals one season.cant be right.

Terrible day.

Rear tyre split and burst whilst cycling to work. Purchased a new one, new inner tube and new puncture repair patches as I was fresh out. Get home to try and fit the tyre and tube. Being a road bike it took for-fvcking-ever cos it was so tight, then when I finally did get it all on the new inner tube had a split in, possibly caused by me possibly not who knows. After an hour repairing four inner tubes using 13 patches they still won't inflate I just keep finding more holes and tears.

The single most frustrating evening of my life. Wound up isn't the word

I've had that before - was out on a 20 mile ride a couple of years ago and half-way through Bradgate Park my inner tube let go. Changed it for a new one (took ages as I only had really flimsy levers on me) then 2 minutes later that had gone flat. By the time I'd found the new leak and patched it I was ready to punch anything - the more frustrated you get, the more you seem to snag your hands on chains and sprockets till your fingers and shirt are caked in grease and blood. Turns out the rim had a slight bur in it, I just so happened to have some duct tape on me to cover it till I was able to get home to sand it down

Was going unassumingly until about ten minutes ago when after cutting up 2 turkey legs with a global meat cleaver (yes humblebrag) and then attempting to wash said impressive cleaver it slipped out of my hand underwater and sliced the top of my thumb (straight down to the nail not across). I immediately wrapped it in a towel and squeezed while offering my neighbours no choice but to listen to my profanities, and then washed it, put some antiseptic cream on and about 10 plasters.

If I don't make it, I love you all.

I did exactly the same sort of cut on my thumb a few years ago when my Opinel unlocked itself on it when I was trying to cut something. There was so much blood coming out that some ended up on the ceiling! My thumb is still a bit numb where the cut was.

Had a walk around Rutland water. Lovely.

I like Rutland Water.. thats the place with the church right on the edge isnt it?

When we were there in 2010.. they were just preparing to reopen it i think.

Is it operating now?.. think they were going to do weddings etc there, can imagine would be fabulous spot for photos etc.

Guest Col city fan

I like Rutland Water.. thats the place with the church right on the edge isnt it?

When we were there in 2010.. they were just preparing to reopen it i think.

Is it operating now?.. think they were going to do weddings etc there, can imagine would be fabulous spot for photos etc.

Its a sunken village isnt it? The church can still be seen but there's more under the water I think?

"celebrated" my 21st by working from 8am to 6pm, and got told by a coworker they thought I was "in my 30's". Still, had an excellent weekend to celebrate - including a trip to chef & spice (nothing better than a curry buffet).

Happy birthday Doc.

Its a sunken village isnt it? The church can still be seen but there's more under the water I think?

Behave yourself. The church is on a bit of land protruding into the water but there's never a village in there, I have to google this now

Behave yourself. The church is on a bit of land protruding into the water but there's never a village in there, I have to google this now

There is. Think it's called Hambleton or something like that. They flooded it to make the reservoir.

"celebrated" my 21st by working from 8am to 6pm, and got told by a coworker they thought I was "in my 30's". Still, had an excellent weekend to celebrate - including a trip to chef & spice (nothing better than a curry buffet).

chef and spice is nice but its all about Feast India :thumbup:

There is. Think it's called Hambleton or something like that. They flooded it to make the reservoir.

Done a quick google search. It's hardly an underwater village like you'd find in a Lara Croft game or James Bond film. Distinctly underwhelmed

Had a nearly naked wrestling match with my dog. Tapped the son of a bitch out.

Because he has no brothers or sisters or cats to terrorize I do my duty and have a daily scrap with him. Followed by a thorough strip wash.

• Like 2

Guest MattP

It's work work work today, petanque cup game against the top of the league side tonight and then in London until Monday watching copious amounts of sport from Tennis to Cricket to the World Cup...

Edited by MattP

It's work work work today, petanque cup game against the top of the league side tonight and then in London until Monday watching copious amounts of sport from Tennis to Cricket to the World Cup...

Pétanque is probably one of the few sports that I'd be physically capable of these days. Is it a good laugh, then? What sort of people generally play it around Leicester? 

I've seen our excellent Anglo-Croatian plumber in pétanque action with all these old Croatian blokes at Vicky Park.

World Cup weekend in Warwick/Leamington (of all places) for me Friday-Sunday - reunion with a load of old friends from 1980s London days, now scattered all around the country. Some idiot insisted that we should book into the Holiday Inn Express  :o .

Lots of beer, curry, football, poker and good company ahead, though.....I really need a break from my isolated life in Leicester.

Have fun down in the smoke.

Guest MattP

Pétanque is probably one of the few sports that I'd be physically capable of these days. Is it a good laugh, then? What sort of people generally play it around Leicester? 

I've seen our excellent Anglo-Croatian plumber in pétanque action with all these old Croatian blokes at Vicky Park.

World Cup weekend in Warwick/Leamington (of all places) for me Friday-Sunday - reunion with a load of old friends from 1980s London days, now scattered all around the country. Some idiot insisted that we should book into the Holiday Inn Express  :o .

Lots of beer, curry, football, poker and good company ahead, though.....I really need a break from my isolated life in Leicester.

Have fun down in the smoke.

Cheers mate, same to you, I'll send you a message next week and we'll go out for a beer or five during the World Cup. Be rude not to with the upcoming heatwave.

Same here re sport lol I'd struggle to even send an over down at Cricket these days given my fitness levels.

http://www.petanqueresults.com/1990/index.php - The league tables there, mainly county based but the odd team from the centre plays in it, suppose it's having room for a piste in the pub. (there's a gag in that somewhere).

The sport has taken on a bit of a resurgance in recent years, three different leagues now with 6-7 divisions in each, used to only be one league.

Edited by MattP