Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Cheers mate, same to you, I'll send you a message next week and we'll go out for a beer or five during the World Cup. Be rude not to with the upcoming heatwave.

Same here re sport lol I'd struggle to even send an over down at Cricket these days given my fitness levels.

http://www.petanqueresults.com/1990/index.php - The league tables there, mainly county based but the odd team from the centre plays in it, suppose it's having room for a piste in the pub. (there's a gag in that somewhere).

The sport has taken on a bit of a resurgance in recent years, three different leagues now with 6-7 divisions in each, used to only be one league.

Cheers, Matt.

I might have to look into the local pétanque scene. Could be a vaguely productive and sociable way to get out of the house.

Long country walks are about the only physical activity that I seem to get around to in recent years. I don't mind getting a little bit chubby and unfit (part of the deal if you like a few ales and have a lot of commitments), but it's getting ridiculous recently - I don't want to be a porker in an early grave! 

Yes, I'm all in favour of avoiding rudeness during a heatwave!  :thumbup:

Just around Europe: Paris, Amsterdam, Berlin, Prague, Munich, Venice, Florence and Rome. That's a rough guideline anyway, don't know if I'll stick to it.

only been to Amsterdam out of them places. Just watch out for cyclists. Fvckin nightmare in amsterdam.

Done a quick google search. It's hardly an underwater village like you'd find in a Lara Croft game or James Bond film. Distinctly underwhelmed

There's a few around, though. Especially in Wales. They flooded Capel Celyn to make a reservoir for Liverpool which was particularly controversial at the time.

I like Rutland Water.. thats the place with the church right on the edge isnt it?

When we were there in 2010.. they were just preparing to reopen it i think.

Is it operating now?.. think they were going to do weddings etc there, can imagine would be fabulous spot for photos etc.

Yep, they do a silly amount of weddings apparently.

Guest MattP

I am pissed off.

I've been preparing dinner for tonight but the border was blocked again last night and our guests don't want to risk coming over the border again.

Ever just think 'fcuk it, I'm off to live in a civilised place'?

I couldn't be having that sort of impingement on my life, I feel for you.

Shit, annoyed, wound up but not sure what about, I'm putting it down to just "one of those days".

However this did cause me to have a pretty good run and workout, so every cloud I suppose.

Still feeling like the first paragraph though despite a good workout!