Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Good luck. I'm sure a stand up guy such as yourself stands a great chance!

For those that don't know, Stan has been on Countdown and was an Olympic medal hander-outer. He's got the credentials.

Cheers! 

:blush:  :fc:

If only they see it like that too lol

Good luck. I'm sure a stand up guy such as yourself stands a great chance!

For those that don't know, Stan has been on Countdown and was an Olympic medal hander-outer. He's got the credentials.

I was wondering what had happened to Carol Vorderman.

My day was going alright until on the drive home my wing mirror glass fell off (I caught it) and then a tractor pulled out of a junction with cars coming both ways. I could not believe what I was seeing, I slammed on the breaks and stopped about a foot in front of the side of this tractor. Cars coming the opposite direction were in the same situation and it was horn blast city for a few seconds.

Then when I was nearing home driving around this industrial estate a Premier Logistics van was driving right up behind me GTA mission style and I thought he was going to purposely smash into me. I just kept thinking please no, don't let me go out like this on World Cup opening night please no. 

Made it though so buzzing for a few Duvels and the game.

My day was going alright until on the drive home my wing mirror glass fell off (I caught it) and then a tractor pulled out of a junction with cars coming both ways. I could not believe what I was seeing, I slammed on the breaks and stopped about a foot in front of the side of this tractor. Cars coming the opposite direction were in the same situation and it was horn blast city for a few seconds.

Then when I was nearing home driving around this industrial estate a Premier Logistics van was driving right up behind me GTA mission style and I thought he was going to purposely smash into me. I just kept thinking please no, don't let me go out like this on World Cup opening night please no. 

Made it though so buzzing for a few Duvels and the game.

I've had an interesting car day too, it started with my mates car bursting into flames as he went to work, I tactfully told him it was his fault for barbecuing whilst driving...that recieved a tumbleweed.gif............karma balanced it up because I went to start my car up to come home and nothing, 3 hours later after the AA man had to travel to stafford for a part, I came home.

We had a woman come to see us for advice. Without going into too much detail (personal) her husband is out of work after his firm stopped giving him work. no redundancy (he worked there for a few years) and they are refusing to answer letters and calls. It is going to tribunal and they are having to pay court costs which they  cannot afford. She only works part time and he does not have any qualifications. She said her health is suffering.

One of my colleagues has qualifications in law and you may find this hard to believe but she was once homeless as a result of domestic violence.

We had a woman come to see us for advice. Without going into too much detail (personal) her husband is out of work after his firm stopped giving him work. no redundancy (he worked there for a few years) and they are refusing to answer letters and calls. It is going to tribunal and they are having to pay court costs which they cannot afford. She only works part time and he does not have any qualifications. She said her health is suffering.

One of my colleagues has qualifications in law and you may find this hard to believe but she was once homeless as a result of domestic violence.

What advice did you give them? To get down the job centre?

Just wondering, are DNO2 (better, stronger, better) properly qualified to be giving advice? You have to be pretty careful with that kind of thing these days. If you're not qualified experts then you're placing yourselves at risk by fronting as such.

What advice did you give them? To get down the job centre?

Just wondering, are DNO2 (better, stronger, better) properly qualified to be giving advice? You have to be pretty careful with that kind of thing these days. If you're not qualified experts then you're placing yourselves at risk by fronting as such.

I gave no advice. Our legal expert was handling it. like I said it is a case of unfair dismissal which I am sure you would agree they have a right to contest. If you was sacked unfairly i am sure you would be straight down to see your solicitor and I would back you all the way.

I also said one of the team has qualified as a lawyer so I would say that is expert enough to listen to what a person says without drawing on misconceptions due to a bias political standing.

They also have qualified people at Apex who will now be handling the case after the main details were confirmed rather than rushing in. our team member was able with her knowledge, to assess the situation and point her in the right direction. without this she would have been another victim of an ordinary person losing out on legal rights to which everyone should have regardless of their financial situation.

Edited by Rincewind

How do you know it was unfair, Ken? That's for the tribunal to decide.

All you have is a woman complaining.

"Stopped giving him work" sounds like a casual contract, you don't "stop giving work" to a permanent employee, you fire them.

We had a woman come to see us for advice. Without going into too much detail (personal) her husband is out of work after his firm stopped giving him work. no redundancy (he worked there for a few years) and they are refusing to answer letters and calls. It is going to tribunal and they are having to pay court costs which they  cannot afford. She only works part time and he does not have any qualifications. She said her health is suffering.

I certainly wouldn't recommend anyone comes to you for advice if you're then going to share it on an unrelated internet forum - regardless of whether you've kept it anonymous. The details you've disclosed are personal, whether you feel they're 'not too much detail' is irrelevant.