Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Been a away in Stratford upon Avon with friends for the weekend really enjoyable,then Arrived home and a neighbour came around to say there had been some tragic news.My other neighbour who I chat to a few times a week got up at 5 in the morning,left his wife a note and committed suicide.He was in his late 50s i think and seemed like he hadn't a care in the world,I'm in shock.Loved his bird photography and on Thursday I told him of a secluded spot where I had seen some birds he liked,unfortunately he was found nearby.He had drowned himself,which without sounding harsh must be a terrible way to go.He must have been in such a dark place and his poor wife.Not had anything like this happen to someone I know.so,so sad.

Sack off Venice and go Brugge instead.

I've already got accommodation booked for Amsterdam so I won't be staying in Belgium. I know Venice is more for couples but I've always wanted to go and it's on the way between Munich and Florence so seems logical. Where would you recommend instead? I don't really want to go into Eastern Europe, I'd prefer to do that in a separate trip otherwise Budapest would be high on my list.

Been a away in Stratford upon Avon with friends for the weekend really enjoyable,then Arrived home and a neighbour came around to say there had been some tragic news.My other neighbour who I chat to a few times a week got up at 5 in the morning,left his wife a note and committed suicide.He was in his late 50s i think and seemed like he hadn't a care in the world,I'm in shock.Loved his bird photography and on Thursday I told him of a secluded spot where I had seen some birds he liked,unfortunately he was found nearby.He had drowned himself,which without sounding harsh must be a terrible way to go.He must have been in such a dark place and his poor wife.Not had anything like this happen to someone I know.so,so sad.

God that's awful. Don't know what to say about that.

Just terrible.  

You had no idea & you have always seemed a decent enough chap that you would have helped in any way you could.  Sad news for the whole community

Got in from watching England at 2am, as I get into bed my work phone goes off. Intensive care at LRI had two faulty beds I needed to go and fix urgently. Get back in bed at 5am. Wake up at 9am. Dad comes over for Father's Day, I take him, my two youngest sisters and great nan to the hobby horse for dinner. My 91 year old nan falls up the stairs by tripping herself up with her hand bag, bangs her head on the bannister resulting in a gash on her eyebrow and blood everywhere. Luckily the staff were extremely helpful and my nan insist we continue with our meal out. She was ok in the end a little shocked that's all. Relaxed evening with the wife. Day off tomorrow plan a 30 mile bike ride depending how much I get called out tonight. If it's a lot I'll spend the day in bed. If not a lot I can go on my bike ride!

Cambridgefox . So sorry to hear that, sounds terrible. Droning yourself? How awful!

I'm guessing being called Cambridge Fox you don't live round leicester anymore, but that happened to someone near where I live this weekend too, I didn't know who it was or anything but they found someone in the river near where I live. It happens all too often, poor souls.

World cup is already screwing me up big time and it's only a few days in, not really slept properly and am like a Zombie at work.

What are the local times for the games over there? I could check but I'm lazy and even staying up until 1am is doing me!

World cup is already screwing me up big time and it's only a few days in, not really slept properly and am like a Zombie at work.

lol

That brings back memories. I was in Australia for Italia 90, working as a market research interviewer in Sydney for a few months to fund my travels.

Some of the matches started at 4am Sydney time, but I sat up and watched most of them in the TV room at Cremorne Backpackers and still got up for work....I was lucky in that a lot of the work was in the afternoons or evenings, so could get a bit of kip in the morning sometimes, but I was still in a terrible state by July.

I watched the England v Germany semi-final round a friend's house and remember leaving to return to the Backpackers with dawn already breaking.....don't think I went to work that day!

What you going for pal? Good luck!

Similar to what I'm doing now but a better rate and better hours, the big attraction is getting my Saturdays back. It went really well and I've been offered the position already, providing I pass all the crb security checks etc. Good times :) Edited by Strokes
  • Like 2

Similar to what I'm doing now but a better rate and better hours, the big attraction is getting my Saturdays back. It went really well and I've been offered the position already, providing I pass all the crb security checks etc. Good times :)

Well done.

Similar to what I'm doing now but a better rate and better hours, the big attraction is getting my Saturdays back. It went really well and I've been offered the position already, providing I pass all the crb security checks etc. Good times :)

Nice1 well done. Saturdays for the football always a winner :thumbup:

:chant: