Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Congratulations mate! I work the odd Saturday or Sunday, not good but I do enjoy my job

I don't mind the odd weekend, I'm sure it will come up in my new job but before its was every Saturday. I thought it'd be ok but I grew to despise it.

It's a 5 minute walk from work to my bus stop, I finished at 8:30pm and in that walk I was asked by two down'n'outs for money and my sandwich. One of whom was clearly on drugs and kicked off at the other for being on her patch - the other had a dog. This was on high st outside KFC.

Next I saw two blokes fighting near the Costa at the clock tower.

Then a ratty old hooker asked me if I "wanted some of this" outside Primark.

On the bus and a bloke kicked off at the driver because he was 50p short and the driver wouldn't let him on.

Then as the bus stopped outside the old council buildings at the top of Welford Road, there was a bloke pissing up the doors of the very same building.

Literally couldn't make this shit up - what a ****ing doss hole this town really is.

Edited by FoxesAreBlue
  • Like 1

Pretty down at the mo. Started work today and pretty much left uni for good, only gonna be back up once or twice which depresses the **** out of me. How long does the transition normally take from uni to the real world and full-time work?

Pretty down at the mo. Started work today and pretty much left uni for good, only gonna be back up once or twice which depresses the **** out of me. How long does the transition normally take from uni to the real world and full-time work?

I know how you feel - although I didn't go to uni I did do sixth form and was still technically a student when I started my 1st full time job during exam leave.

I sat in the office on my first day vividly thinking - fvck me I can't spend the rest of my life in here. And I'd left within a month.

It's hard, try to spend as much time with your mates whilst you can - save a little but enjoy yourself - you work to live - not the other way round.

EDIT: that made me feel old and I'm only 26!!

Out of interest, what is your job?

Edited by FoxesAreBlue

Been a away in Stratford upon Avon with friends for the weekend really enjoyable,then Arrived home and a neighbour came around to say there had been some tragic news.My other neighbour who I chat to a few times a week got up at 5 in the morning,left his wife a note and committed suicide.He was in his late 50s i think and seemed like he hadn't a care in the world,I'm in shock.Loved his bird photography and on Thursday I told him of a secluded spot where I had seen some birds he liked,unfortunately he was found nearby.He had drowned himself,which without sounding harsh must be a terrible way to go.He must have been in such a dark place and his poor wife.Not had anything like this happen to someone I know.so,so sad.

What awful, sad news - someone must be in a really dark place to do this and it's amazing how often those closest to them didn't have any idea what was going on. If it's any consolation at all (not sure that's the most diplomatic way to put it) I have it on very good authority that, allegedly, drowning is one of the best ways to go. 

What awful, sad news - someone must be in a really dark place to do this and it's amazing how often those closest to them didn't have any idea what was going on. If it's any consolation at all (not sure that's the most diplomatic way to put it) I have it on very good authority that, allegedly, drowning is one of the best ways to go.

I had heard that aswell,although I'm not sure how you drown yourself apart from weights,apparently it's hard to do.Did hear the catalyst today but don't really want to put it on here.Just so sad for all.Told the kids he just died suddenly.My lad in year 6 has gone to Graffham water today for 3 days involving water sports,I don't usually lecture him but this morning I told him not to muck about near it and be careful.

My Mrs got threatened earlier by an 'associate'. We'd popped in to a local karaoke about a week ago for a quick pint. This bird always sings and is pretty terrible but suffers from self delusion so thinks she's Pat Benatar, and when we were there Pat was yet again singing My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion. Crikey.

Anyway, she rings up tonight and threatened my Mrs because the landlord told Pat that my Mrs said "No wonder the Titanic sank." My Mrs often cracks the jokes but she swears she didn't say that at the karaoke lol Pat's from Oldham and is a bit of a rum un.

• Like 3

Today when I pulled up at some traffic lights, the man in the car next to me suddenly started shouting saying stuff like "YES! YES! WOOHOO!" CMON!! YES!"

I thought perhaps I'd missed a goal or something so I lowered my window looked over to him and grinned. He saw me and shouted over "hey! Hey! I'm going to be a dad! Then he carried on with the " yes! Yes!".

So I joined in! "Woohoo! Woohoo! Yes! Congratulations!" And started clapping. It must of looked quite a sight these two men in their cars ' hoopin' and hollering' as we went down the road. Eventually the cars had to separate and so I just shouted over " All the best!!" So he grinned back and said " thank you!!!!" And waved as he went off in the distance.

I became a dad just over a year ago so I knew the joy he felt when finding out!

• Like 4

lol

That brings back memories. I was in Australia for Italia 90, working as a market research interviewer in Sydney for a few months to fund my travels.

Some of the matches started at 4am Sydney time, but I sat up and watched most of them in the TV room at Cremorne Backpackers and still got up for work....I was lucky in that a lot of the work was in the afternoons or evenings, so could get a bit of kip in the morning sometimes, but I was still in a terrible state by July.

I watched the England v Germany semi-final round a friend's house and remember leaving to return to the Backpackers with dawn already breaking.....don't think I went to work that day!

Horrible times 2am, 5am and 8am are the kickoff times. Went to a pub with a 24 hour liquour licence on Friday night/Saturday Morning and got smashed off my face watching the games.

• Like 1

lol

That brings back memories. I was in Australia for Italia 90, working as a market research interviewer in Sydney for a few months to fund my travels.

Some of the matches started at 4am Sydney time, but I sat up and watched most of them in the TV room at Cremorne Backpackers and still got up for work....I was lucky in that a lot of the work was in the afternoons or evenings, so could get a bit of kip in the morning sometimes, but I was still in a terrible state by July.

I watched the England v Germany semi-final round a friend's house and remember leaving to return to the Backpackers with dawn already breaking.....don't think I went to work that day!

I lived in Cremorne during the 98 World Cup. Ended up travelling to France to watch the early rounds, then when we got knocked out by Argentina, went back home and watched the rest of it in Sydney

Germany v Portugal last night was a killer 2am start. Think I'll stick to the 8am kick offs from now on unless it's England or the Roos

• Like 1

Amsterdam is something else! Never seen anything quite like the RLD, no prostitutes for me though. I'm sharing my dorm room with two deaf girls and one with a speech impediment who all communicate in sign language, so it's not too loud!

Looking forward to getting out and exploring the city today. Nearly been hit by bikes at least 3 times so far and I only arrived yesterday evening!

I appreciate it is a bit daunting but now is not really the time to dwell and let life pass you by. You are at the start of the road and the paths you choose could define the person you become. Assuming you have no children, now is the time to to take chances and grab life by the scruff of the neck and map out your future. The longer you leave it the harder it becomes, pick your chin up.
  • Like 1

Today when I pulled up at some traffic lights, the man in the car next to me suddenly started shouting saying stuff like "YES! YES! WOOHOO!" CMON!! YES!"

I thought perhaps I'd missed a goal or something so I lowered my window looked over to him and grinned. He saw me and shouted over "hey! Hey! I'm going to be a dad! Then he carried on with the " yes! Yes!".

So I joined in! "Woohoo! Woohoo! Yes! Congratulations!" And started clapping. It must of looked quite a sight these two men in their cars ' hoopin' and hollering' as we went down the road. Eventually the cars had to separate and so I just shouted over " All the best!!" So he grinned back and said " thank you!!!!" And waved as he went off in the distance.

You actually joined in whooping in public with a stranger?? Christ alive only in america

That's really strange as I've come across that bloke twice before - driving along, whooping aloud, shouting "Yes! Yes! I'm going to be a Dad!". The second time, as my car pulled up next to his at some traffic lights, I looked over and noticed that he was wanking himself off under the steering wheel. I hope you don't feel soiled.

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Go travelling buddy. Gives you something to plan for and look forward to and postpones reality for a little while longer.

You actually joined in whooping in public with a stranger?? Christ alive only in america

Are you a dad?

I remember that feeling of when I was told I was going to be a dad... no other feeling I'm the world comes close.

I was just as boisterous when living in England too.... maybe I got kicked out without knowing it!!!

That's really strange as I've come across that bloke twice before - driving along, whooping aloud, shouting "Yes! Yes! I'm going to be a Dad!". The second time, as my car pulled up next to his at some traffic lights, I looked over and noticed that he was wanking himself off under the steering wheel. I hope you don't feel soiled.

:ph34r:

He sure gets about if he makes it to north carolina!

Guest Col city fan

Cambridge. ..only just read your earlier post. Really sorry to hear about the suicide. Christ knows what is going through some people's heads to make them feel so helpless that they have to do that.

Condolences. .

Awkward moment in Sainsbury's earlier. As I'm walking up to my self service till, the tubby 50 year old bloke at the next till starts having a mardy and tips up and empties 3 bags of shopping he's just bagged up all over the oche. I bag up slowly so I can try and listen to his mumbling.

It turns out the till had said something to him when he'd finished and he just lost it, after also being constantly interrupted during packing. In all my time going to Sainsbury's this is the worst public order offence I've witnessed in the store.