Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

All home and settled now. It's good to get then home. The first night she wouldn't settle and I about pulled my hair out, probably got about a couple of hours kip.

Day 2 and she slept very well last night. She never woke up, only for her feeds so me and the missis got a decent sleep.

This is probably the happiest I have ever been. The feeling of becoming a first time Dad is amazing. :)

It's nearly as amazing as the first time they sleep through the night and you get a proper nights sleep.

All home and settled now. It's good to get then home. The first night she wouldn't settle and I about pulled my hair out, probably got about a couple of hours kip.

Day 2 and she slept very well last night. She never woke up, only for her feeds so me and the missis got a decent sleep.

This is probably the happiest I have ever been. The feeling of becoming a first time Dad is amazing. :)

Treasure every minute of it mate cause before you know it she will be at school talking about boyfriends. My 1st born is now 7 years old and recently told me that she dumped her boyfriend because she didnt like his surname and wouldnt marry someone with a boring surname. His surname is Brown. lol

Word of advice. Do what you and your partner feels right for Arabella (beautiful name btw). So many people kept telling me routine this and routine that and 'Dont feed your child until at least every 3 hours to get them in a routine'. Bullshit. Feed them when there hungry, simple. My daughter was good as gold as a baby. Slept through every night from about 6 weeks old. 

Now have a son who is almost 6 months old and again is as good as gold. Only cries when he's hungry and sleeping all night from 6 weeks old. Both as babies woke up every 3 hours in the night,fed, changed and back asleep within 30 minutes. Easy Peasy. :thumbup:

It's the most rewarding thing you can do. treasure these days.

I forgot tomention this, When CAMRA had their Mild Trail Month all those that collected enough syickers were entered in a prize draw and I won one. A gallon of Mild from the Black Horse in Aylestone. If anyoneone wants to join up and share please say. I will not drink it all in one go and the place is a little out of the way for  me. Not one of my regular haunts. It's either you lot or the CAMRA crowd.

I've picked a bad month to give up drinking.

Edited by Rincewind

Must be an incredible feeling, my nephew and nieces mean the world to me, but having your own children must amplify those feelings ten fold.  I know it won't happen for me now, but I still love to hear about people starting families, it warms my heart.

Good luck to you buzzer, I am made up for you.

Edited by purpleronnie

To Prague today! Travelling is fun.

Nice one man. I was there just last week and it's a cracking place, so much going on.

Lots of parties. The official 'Prague Pub Crawl' is a bit shit though, not worth the 20 euros.

Edited by Asha

Nice one man. I was there just last week and it's a cracking place, so much going on.

Lots of parties. The official 'Prague Pub Crawl' is a bit shit though, not worth the 20 euros.

It really is beautiful here, did a tour earlier of the city and will do a tour of the castle tomorrow just to make sure I've seen everything.

I never realised how well the English accent goes down abroad, especially as I don't have the stereotypical 'Lestoh' accent.

Not sure where to go next, probably Krakow and Auschwitz.

It really is beautiful here, did a tour earlier of the city and will do a tour of the castle tomorrow just to make sure I've seen everything.

I never realised how well the English accent goes down abroad, especially as I don't have the stereotypical 'Lestoh' accent.

Not sure where to go next, probably Krakow and Auschwitz.

Especially with the women, eh? ;)

I can definitely recommend Kraków; it's a beautiful city and it's so cheap. I was there last March when it was -15 and snowing all over the place but it was still great, I can imagine it's really sweet right now.

Auschwitz can be a bit hit and miss; I was never going to go that close and not visit it, but there are so many tourists there on any given day it kind of dampens the experience a bit. You don't really get any time to dwell on anything. It's worth going to see if you're interested, but I wouldn't say it's the be-all-and-end-all. A lot of travellers I know who've been that way all say they preferred going to the Wieliczka Salt Mine which is also nearby.

Poland, in general, is a wonderful country. I've spent a lot of time there and been to virtually every big city so I'm sure you'd find something you'd love about it. ;)

Especially with the women, eh? ;)

I can definitely recommend Kraków; it's a beautiful city and it's so cheap. I was there last March when it was -15 and snowing all over the place but it was still great, I can imagine it's really sweet right now.

Auschwitz can be a bit hit and miss; I was never going to go that close and not visit it, but there are so many tourists there on any given day it kind of dampens the experience a bit. You don't really get any time to dwell on anything. It's worth going to see if you're interested, but I wouldn't say it's the be-all-and-end-all. A lot of travellers I know who've been that way all say they preferred going to the Wieliczka Salt Mine which is also nearby.

Poland, in general, is a wonderful country. I've spent a lot of time there and been to virtually every big city so I'm sure you'd find something you'd love about it. ;)

You know it ;)

Yeah I've just booked krakow, arrive tomorrow. It's got brilliant reviews from everyone so I thought why not. Regarding Auschwitz, I know what you mean, unfortunately it's just part and parcel of any famous tourist attraction now. I just hope it's better than Anne Frank's house, which I found very modernised and so I didn't really feel like I was in her house.

I don't know anything about the salt mine, what's that like? Where would you recommend travelling from krakow? I've heard about how great Budapest is but I really want to get to Italy soon.

Congrats to you and the missus, Buzzer.

FoxyJr is 5 in two weeks and I don't where the last five years have went!

I took my daughters to the bus station this morning to catch a bus to Stansted to go on holiday on their own without me and their mam. Doesn't seem that long ago they were starting school. Time flies.

I take no joy in the killing of animals but when a poisonous snake is near to where my 17 month old son is, then it's got to go. Short story - anyone likely to be offended , stop reading now!

So Jacob and I are going for a walk along the gravel driveway near our house... I suddenly stop and see a copperhead snake right in the path of where Jacob was about to walk. I of course grabbed Jacob and the snake just froze there. Not moving I ran ( wobbled) back to the house to grab a spade, gave Jacob to my wife and took off after this snake. It was still there. ' I can be my wife's hero! I can protect my son' I thought. Two quick strikes and it's head was off. Felt quite proud of myself that I could deal with a poisonous snake!

On closer inspection I had protected my family from A snake that was already dead- it had been run over by a car. So maybe I'm not a hero after all. But it sure felt good being one for those ten second it took for reality to dawn on me.

Shouldn't have mentioned the last bit!

I like how on closer inspection after you'd decapitated it you then came to the realisation it was already dead before.

How did you know?!