Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I like the fact people can choose to retire at whatever age they wants these days even if they havn't made any plans for it, I'm thinking 47ish and then the tax payer can prop me up while I get pissed all day

II do have a private pension. My income is topped up to make it livable I do not have a wife dependents a mortgage drive or smoke so my money is used on other things. If I had or did the above I would not manage. I would swap my weekly income of £140 with you any day with yours. Why should not people enjoy retirement? You are a long time dead.I have known people to work their asses off only to drop dead before or just after retirement. Make the most of life while you can. A friend who died at 65 used to be told that he would be the richest bloke in the graveyard as he preferred to save and hoard his money. Planning never did him any good.

• Like 2

Celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary we went to Champneys Springs for a Spa day. Whilst lounging by the pool i look out the window and see loads of blokes in Reading training gear walking by. Turns out the Reading squad were there having a training day and relax session. Was very strange being in the changing room with Danny Guthrie and Hal Robson Kanu.

Had a little chat with Kanu and mentioned i was a leicester fan. He wished us good luck for the season. Nice bloke

Celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary we went to Champneys Springs for a Spa day. Whilst lounging by the pool i look out the window and see loads of blokes in Reading training gear walking by. Turns out the Reading squad were there having a training day and relax session. Was very strange being in the changing room with Danny Guthrie and Hal Robson Kanu.

Had a little chat with Kanu and mentioned i was a leicester fan. He wished us good luck for the season. Nice bloke

Congratulations on the anniversary! Nice little treat that to meet some footballers.

Congratulations on the anniversary! Nice little treat that to meet some footballers.

thanks stan

Yea was interesting to actually see them and have a chat. Just a shame it wasnt the leicester squad. Now that would of been an awesome anniversary prezzie

Is this morning a new drinking session or are you still going from yesterday?

I do not drink in the morning.

I do have a T-shirt with 'Beer The reason I get up every afternoon for' on it.

Now what 'witty' comment can you come up with for that?

Edited by Rincewind

Guest MattP

II do have a private pension. My income is topped up to make it livable I do not have a wife dependents a mortgage drive or smoke so my money is used on other things. If I had or did the above I would not manage. I would swap my weekly income of £140 with you any day with yours. Why should not people enjoy retirement? You are a long time dead.I have known people to work their asses off only to drop dead before or just after retirement. Make the most of life while you can. A friend who died at 65 used to be told that he would be the richest bloke in the graveyard as he preferred to save and hoard his money. Planning never did him any good.

Then why have you told me for the last 3-4 years you never had a private pension or paid into any scheme? Or is this just another hand out that's been classified as a 'private pension' in some way to get you off the figures?

I'd swop my daily routine with yours as well, it sounds fantastic.

Then why have you told me for the last 3-4 years you never had a private pension or paid into any scheme? Or is this just another hand out that's been classified as a 'private pension' in some way to get you off the figures?

I'd swop my daily routine with yours as well, it sounds fantastic.

lol

I'm sure ken said previously he had a private pension with a few hundred quid in it, which would have given him an annuity of maybe 25p per month. So to say he's topping that up with hand outs is pushing it a fair bit. I guess once you've used fuzzy logic to justify the exploitation of one loophole you'll just keep going.

Edited by MooseBreath

Had about 2/3 hours sleep, had to go to a meeting at Hilton Hotel in Aldwych at 10:30am, then had to get a new printer that took about 3 hours to install and get working, now I've got work later, fecking shattered at the moment.

Edited by Lamby