Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

lol

Then why have you told me for the last 3-4 years you never had a private pension or paid into any scheme? Or is this just another hand out that's been classified as a 'private pension' in some way to get you off the figures?

I'd swop my daily routine with yours as well, it sounds fantastic.

TBH I had forgot about the pension plan, I froze it a few years back when the payments were too much for my income and I thought it did not come into force until I was 65. The DWP said I could take part of it. As my income is means tested I would have the same no matter what pension I had and any private pension or savings would not last if I live to be 100. If I were to drop dead tomorrow that would save you a few quid but I am not going to do that just to make you happy. I could go ga-ga anytime so am trying to make the most of my remaining years as the majority of people would. I have no doubt that if I had UNi qualifications, a trade or profession I would still be working and find it a lot easier to walk into a job. But I do not and not everybody's ability is the same. I accept what I am unable to do and am proud of what I can.

Had about 2/3 hours sleep, had to go to a meeting at Hilton Hotel in Aldwych at 10:30am, then had to get a new printer that took about 3 hours to install and get working, now I've got work later, fecking shattered at the moment.

Are u sure?

Not me. Just thought it was something that could have waited until more time rather than turning up for work with a lack of sleep. But as usual I am wrong and It is perfectly OK to do it.

Guest MattP

TBH I had forgot about the pension plan, I froze it a few years back when the payments were too much for my income and I thought it did not come into force until I was 65. The DWP said I could take part of it. As my income is means tested I would have the same no matter what pension I had and any private pension or savings would not last if I live to be 100. If I were to drop dead tomorrow that would save you a few quid but I am not going to do that just to make you happy. I could go ga-ga anytime so am trying to make the most of my remaining years as the majority of people would. I have no doubt that if I had UNi qualifications, a trade or profession I would still be working and find it a lot easier to walk into a job. But I do not and not everybody's ability is the same. I accept what I am unable to do and am proud of what I can.

Ken you are not even 65 yet, you could have another 35 years left.

I know guys who have lost their marbles 20 years back and are still alive to this day.

The Brewin twins or owned Brewin and Co when I worked there both died under 50. A manager died when he was 60 rushing back to work one lunchtime, another worker collapsed at work and died from an illness contracted whilst on holiday abroad and a co-worker died at 65 and is now the richest bloke in Gilroes cemetery. I do not want to take any chances. :)

The ones that have lost their marbles are they jetting of for a holiday 3 times a year like you? Make the most of your time while you can. Your savings may not be of use to you in 20 years time but they will make your widow happy.

Edited by Rincewind

I got you beat by about 5 months. I wish I was a kept man. :(

She just knows what motivates me. She's been rewarding me for going running in the mornings and cooking dinner at night. Hey, if it makes her happy and I get nice rewards, i'll keep running and funding new recipes!!

• Like 1

Good day started with a 5.30am 16 mile (in an hour!) bike ride. A very busy day at work but it flew by. Followed by a heavy gym session this evening. Trying to organise a meal out for a group of friends (10 of us, boys and girls) on Sunday for some pub food. Trying to keep it reasonably cheap and cheerful but don't want to slum it. I suggested The Flying Childers in Kirby Bellars but have been met with some resistance from one friend as he went a year ago and it was shite. I haven't been in over a year so I can't trump him. Have also suggested Copt Oak, Badgers Sett, Quorndon Fox or maybe just a Toby carvery? Any other suggestions are welcome chaps of FT!

Good day started with a 5.30am 16 mile (in an hour!) bike ride. A very busy day at work but it flew by. Followed by a heavy gym session this evening. Trying to organise a meal out for a group of friends (10 of us, boys and girls) on Sunday for some pub food. Trying to keep it reasonably cheap and cheerful but don't want to slum it. I suggested The Flying Childers in Kirby Bellars but have been met with some resistance from one friend as he went a year ago and it was shite. I haven't been in over a year so I can't trump him. Have also suggested Copt Oak, Badgers Sett, Quorndon Fox or maybe just a Toby carvery? Any other suggestions are welcome chaps of FT!

My girlfriends family own Slate in Mountsorrel nice food and reasonably priced. Though it does close around 3pm on Sundays.

http://www.slaterestaurant.co.uk/6.html

Edited by Steve_Walsh5

My girlfriends family own Slate in Mountsorrel nice food and reasonably priced. Though it does close around 3pm on Sundays.http://www.slaterestaurant.co.uk/6.html

Good restaurant that mate! Not been for a while but I do enjoy it there. Unfortunately we are planning a little later but ya know what I'm gonna take the wife there one day next week. Cheers!

Had a letter from EON saying that they had made a mistake when working out my payments and had overcharged me under OFTEL rules so I am getting a rebate. Good of them to admit. No idea what it is to do with. They say it is not the winter fuel allowance but they are checking that.

Could be something to do with the Tariff which is an over 60 one.

I wonder how many are paying the wrong amount and it is not found out?

I didn't sign up to foxestalk to read about OAPs shagging.

were you hoping for pics? :)

Had Tom Jones and Ronan Keating amongst other old (ish) bands perform at work for some charity thing along with one of the founders birthday party. Decent night

Is it just me.. or does it appear that Lamby has been kidnapped and replaced with some kind of new improved Lamby 2.0?

Someone who reports to my wife has submitted a 200hr timesheet for the last 10 working days. And she's trying to defend it. Trouble is, she is rubbish at her job, so my wife is going to teach her a lesson. Ouch.

lol 4 hours sleep a day and work all the rest. Good luck with that haha. Cant blame her for trying