Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Ah that would be amazing.

It's a no brainer. Its cost us £1600 between 6 of us. £500 deposit paid today. Works out about £270 each for 16 days. We enquired when the WC was on as people are never looking that far in advance. She knows we're going to France but doesn't know why- I was careful not to mention football lol All she was concerned was that when we were orginally going for 3 weeks it'd run into Glastonbury- their peak time. I Don't need to book hotels, we know when the tournament starts and have allowed enough time to get to the furthest south in France- Marseille before the opening game in case we play France.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

The following is a boring story so feel free to skip...

My next door neighbour is a retired chap, he's always in the garden doing his plants and veg and always has a huge grin on his face, a big cheery hello and wave whenever I'm carting myself to/from work.

When I came home this evening he was just on his bench and when I said hello he just looked despondent and sagely gave me a small nod. Clearly upset about something.

As I went in I didn't know weather to go back and ask if he's okay - I didn't want to pry, a mans business is a mans business after all - but since he retired he has started to go a bit... Off... He talks to his pet parakeet a lot lets put it that way.

Anyway I never usually drink during the week but I had a few spare beers in the fridge and the suns out so I thought fvck it. I'll offer the bloke a beer, if he want to chat about his problems he can, if not, fair play - at least he has the chance to turn me down and save face.

God I made the right decision - I didn't ask what was wrong and we didn't talk about it, but after 30mins of just sitting and chatting he said that I'd made his day and he really enjoyed the company.

And for me after a particularly crap day a work - I felt pretty good too so win win all round.

Good story. It's nice to interact with people IRL.

Next week in the Leicester mercury. FoxesAreBlue: My Stalker Hell. "I was only tryna be nice like. Now everyday when I get home he's waiting for me at my door. Last night he was wearing a gimp suit. He keeps lobbing pebbles at my bedroom window in the middle of the night and when I go to look I see him sat naked in his garden with a tub of vaseline, winking at me."

• Like 2

Next week in the Leicester mercury. FoxesAreBlue: My Stalker Hell. "I was only tryna be nice like. Now everyday when I get home he's waiting for me at my door. Last night he was wearing a gimp suit. He keeps lobbing pebbles at my bedroom window in the middle of the night and when I go to look I see him sat naked in his garden with a tub of vaseline, winking at me."

lol That must have made him feel good.

I hope he knows I meant that in a good way. I'm trying to be nice!

lol cheers gents

The following is a boring story so feel free to skip...

My next door neighbour is a retired chap, he's always in the garden doing his plants and veg and always has a huge grin on his face, a big cheery hello and wave whenever I'm carting myself to/from work.

When I came home this evening he was just on his bench and when I said hello he just looked despondent and sagely gave me a small nod. Clearly upset about something.

As I went in I didn't know weather to go back and ask if he's okay - I didn't want to pry, a mans business is a mans business after all - but since he retired he has started to go a bit... Off... He talks to his pet parakeet a lot lets put it that way.

Anyway I never usually drink during the week but I had a few spare beers in the fridge and the suns out so I thought fvck it. I'll offer the bloke a beer, if he want to chat about his problems he can, if not, fair play - at least he has the chance to turn me down and save face.

God I made the right decision - I didn't ask what was wrong and we didn't talk about it, but after 30mins of just sitting and chatting he said that I'd made his day and he really enjoyed the company.

And for me after a particularly crap day a work - I felt pretty good too so win win all round.

Nice story,well done you ,unless this chap had had a skinful already in The Goose!

Went to a training course called the Boost program It will be too long and boring to explain what it is about but it is backed and funded by Intraining and comes with an approved certificate at the end...  And if  it is going to be criticised anyway two or three lines will be ample if some (not all) minds are already made up.

Besides it is getting late. :(

Went to a training course called the Boost program It will be too long and boring to explain what it is about but it is backed and funded by Intraining and comes with an approved certificate at the end... And if it is going to be criticised anyway two or three lines will be ample if some (not all) minds are already made up.

Besides it is getting late. :(

What kind of training course allows you to be boozed up and struggling to walk unaided by 1pm? Seriously I want to suggest it at work.

Edit - never mind I just looked it up and you have to be aged 16-24 and live in a rural area. You did well to pass for 24 ken mate. Very well indeed. Almost too well.

Edited by MooseBreath

Guest MattP

Edit - never mind I just looked it up and you have to be aged 16-24 and live in a rural area. You did well to pass for 24 ken mate. Very well indeed. Almost too well.

lol lol lol

Can you imagine their faces when a steaming 63 year old attempts to join that. Honestly Ken, if you are going to make up courses you've been on make sure you qualify for them at least.