Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just seen my cousin is going through the process to succeed Hague as Richmond MP.  He is a good guy, hope he makes it.  I can see him having a big future in Westminster.

I read somewhere,I think when they were talking about Selina Scott,running for it that this seat usually indicates a big future.Very best of luck to him.

I believe there may be more than one for different purposes. There was no age specification on the application form or details;s about it. There were at least  3 of us over 24 so the course you found would be aimed at that age group and run by another person.

Just guessing using a little  logical thinking.

I believe there may be more than one for different purposes. There was no age specification on the application form or details;s about it. There were at least  3 of us over 24 so the course you found would be aimed at that age group and run by another person.

Just guessing using a little  logical thinking.

Our Ken has more qualifications then an exam board.

Not really. I had none when leaving school and never went Uni like nearly kid has the opportunity to now. I am just catching up and the certificates are related to what I enjoy doing and volunteer work.

Fair ****s to you Ken.

Getting pissed at 1pm and working for a qualification, sounds like uni to me.

Guest MattP

Just seen my cousin is going through the process to succeed Hague as Richmond MP.  He is a good guy, hope he makes it.  I can see him having a big future in Westminster.

Impressive, has he got the gig or is it an open primary?

I know two standing next year, a friend fighting a seat for UKIP and an old classmate is standing for the Liberals down south.

Do about 300 courses and gain no qualifications, how do you manage that?

561249-barneygumble.png

I attended the university of life. Not sure if it amounts to 300 yet. Some count as qualifications others are just goals on a personal level. I have time that I did not have when younger. It is far easier now and there are a  greater range of things to do as smaller groups can offer training then those trained pass on what they have learned With Social Media and the internet there is greater scope to expand ones knowledge.

Edited by Rincewind

Impressive, has he got the gig or is it an open primary?

I know two standing next year, a friend fighting a seat for UKIP and an old classmate is standing for the Liberals down south.

Early days yet, but he is a determined guy.  He has been vie chairman of the local conservatives, and a district councillor so in with a decent shout of being the Tory candidate I would say.

I attended the university of life. Not sure if it amounts to 300 yet. Some count as qualifications others are just goals on a personal level. I have time that I did not have when younger. It is far easier now and there are a  greater range of things to do as smaller groups can offer training then those trained pass on what they have learned With Social Media and the internet there is greater scope to expand ones knowledge.

Expanding your knowledge is one thing, taking up places on training which is designed to get you into work when you have no intention whatsoever of working is just taking the piss.

Guest MattP

Expanding your knowledge is one thing, taking up places on training which is designed to get you into work when you have no intention whatsoever of working is just taking the piss.

The most bizarre thing about it.

Why at the age of 63 would you join a course for 18-24 year olds looking to get into rural work when you have already openly admitted that you won't ever do a days work again?

If I was cynical I'd say maybe we're not hearing the whole truth.

Guest MattP

I've been officially homeless since midday. Anyone got any change? Maybe a fag?

Ken,any tips?

Er, Matt, what are you doing? Close your flies.

Get yourself down to The Goose for 7am tomorrow, I'll be round about 1pm to do my duty.

Where you moving to? Anywhere nice?

Pfft, if you want qualifications for nothing, do an arts degree. My cousin managed to stay in university until 29 (her aim was for 30, but she couldn't get any more funding) by doing 3 different art degrees,

Also, the university of life is not a university - it's a gutter with a plug-socket.

Pfft, if you want qualifications for nothing, do an arts degree. My cousin managed to stay in university until 29 (her aim was for 30, but she couldn't get any more funding) by doing 3 different art degrees,

Also, the university of life is not a university - it's a gutter with a plug-socket.

And its the wrong size. I was not much good at art.  A few years back in my first job I did some metalwork classes, It happened to be at my old school and the one that took the class was my old teacher. I still remember his words striking  me like a knife piecing my heart.

'You have not got any better have you Ken?'

I also did woodwork which also I was not great at. Not for the lack of trying. I was just not born with the build or dexterity to do sport or physical activities. From what I have been told I entered this world all wrong and the doctors assured my Mother that all was fine. She was not convinced. It was only a few months later that on a visit our GP remarked I was not crawling in a straight line that my condition was confirmed but it was too late for an op. I had a misplaced hip.

TBH I was not aware of these facts until a few years back so it has not really bothered me. I just thought I was crap at sports.

I've been officially homeless since midday. Anyone got any change? Maybe a fag?

Ken,any tips?

Er, Matt, what are you doing? Close your flies.

Go to housing options, listen to them treat you as if you have a mental age of three, fill out a form they give you. Feel pissed off when they tell you why you cannot be offered emergency accommodation. Ask me again and I may be able to put you in contact with someone that will go over the Housing Options form again and tell you why you are entitled to be found a suitable place to stay.

If you are joking ignore the above or pass it on to someone who really do need help.

Question one.Are you a UK citizen or from a country in the EU or EEA?

Question two Are you an asylum seeker who has been granted discretionary or indefinate leave to remain in the UK

Priority need

Are you pregnant?

Do you have dependant children?

Age 16-17?

Were looked after by social services,

Are a vulnerable person.

There is more You would also need a local connection otherwise the authority of the place you originate from have the responsibility.

Don't blame me for the post. Finners asked a question and I answered as if I would answer anyone asking the same question.

Edited by Rincewind

Get yourself down to The Goose for 7am tomorrow, I'll be round about 1pm to do my duty.

Where you moving to? Anywhere nice?

From off Narborough Road to off Blackbird Road so not a great upgrade in area. But from a disgusting terrace last decorated in about 1901 to a nice new flat with the missus.

Looking forward to it but the flat isn't ready til August 18th so I'm on sofas til then.

From off Narborough Road to off Blackbird Road so not a great upgrade in area. But from a disgusting terrace last decorated in about 1901 to a nice new flat with the missus.

Looking forward to it but the flat isn't ready til August 18th so I'm on sofas til then.

Hope the Sofa is big enough for you and the missus or blue balls could do you in before the new place is ready.  

Edited by SOCCERROO FOX