Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

From off Narborough Road to off Blackbird Road so not a great upgrade in area. But from a disgusting terrace last decorated in about 1901 to a nice new flat with the missus.

Looking forward to it but the flat isn't ready til August 18th so I'm on sofas til then.

Sofa surfing is still classed as homeless but as you made yourself intentionally homeless and have somewhere to go as in the new place I cannot help you so sod off (housing options words not mine)  Anyway good luck in the new place.

Apologies about previous post  but that is how a genuine case would be dealt with.

Got back from my olidays in the early hours. On the way to work now. Mentally and physically ruined.

And I've got 40 pages of what is apparently fold to catch up on in the tinder thread. Gonna be a long day.

Man its depressing working on my birthday

You're not kidding. I'm hoping to get the day off for mine (in a few weeks time) but the boss is still 'thinking about it', apparently - even though I've given the correct amount of notice. Ah well, we'll see.

Happy birthday anyway man, enjoy your day (or at least that part of it when you finish work).

Guest MattP

I was just saying how Plaid Cymru even polled lower than the Tories in the last Welsh election (admittidly only the Euros) but it wasn't the place.

Guest MattP

Man its depressing working on my birthday

Happy Birthday mate.

It's actually very depressing working from home in this weather and having lots to do as you want to be in the garden. But I wouldn't say that as it would make me sound like a cnut.

Ah right.

Yeah I don't think there's a lot of passion for it. I think the sentiment is there, I think a lot of people like the idea. We're obviously a lot more left leaning than England, there's a chip on a lot of shoulders, etc.

But the whole country is very realistic about it from a pragmatic point of view. We're much better off as part of the UK.

I think you could be forgiven for nationalist sentiment in the midst of the pit closures or even the height of Ireland's celtic tiger but now that's been exposed as a fraud, the eurozone is wobbling, Britain is stabilising and we've a (by comparison to Maggie) fairly bland and irrelevant government, you're never going to get that much drive for it.

I went through a separatist, idealist phase in my teens but now it largely doesn't interest me. Not least given I've not even lived in Wales for some fifteen plus years (certainly all of my adult life.)

Edited by Finnegan

Guest MattP

We all moderate with age Finners, you should have seen some of things I believed in my teens (even a short spell on the far left). Some of it is a little embarrassing looking back.

Pragmatism catches 95% of us in the end.

I was surprised to see how much support UKIP got mind in Wales, weren't far from beating Labour. With that and a seat in Scotland gained, certainly not the 'Little Englander' party the press tried to convince everyone they were.

The Welsh vote next year will be very interesting, judging from the Question Time in Newport Labour are very unpopular at the minute (NHS according to most of the audience), they'll still be top overall obviously as it's tribally Labour, but it could see some very squeeky bums. The Tories have been ploughing money into the marginal seats.

UKIPs popularity in Wales shouldn't surprise anyone, racism is part of our culture. :whistle:

But yeah at the end of day, almost all elections are voted for by people's wallets. Exactly why Scotland will vote a clear NO. Even a lot of the chest thumping, kilt wearing campaigners will sneak off in to the ballot box and scratch in a cheeky no vote when nobody's watching. They know they have it easy in the union.

Guest MattP

UKIPs popularity in Wales shouldn't surprise anyone, racism is part of our culture. :whistle:

But yeah at the end of day, almost all elections are voted for by people's wallets. Exactly why Scotland will vote a clear NO. Even a lot of the chest thumping, kilt wearing campaigners will sneak off in to the ballot box and scratch in a cheeky no vote when nobody's watching. They know they have it easy in the union.

lol

Exactly, Purpleronnie has been doing the same for years voting Tory to save his investments.

Friends living in Thailand trying to persuade us to go for a weekend away in Moscow at end of September. Sort of a we'll meet you half way type holiday. £70 return with Easyjet = massively tempting.

Friends living in Thailand trying to persuade us to go for a weekend away in Moscow at end of September. Sort of a we'll meet you half way type holiday. £70 return with Easyjet = massively tempting.

That's unbelievable. You're not flying over Ukraine are you?

There was good news about DNO today if anyone wants to know without mocking or taking the piss.

I know some do not believe it is legit but one of the members is at DMU and has this website http://www.daydreamerproject.co.uk with the backing and support of others.

I'm sorry but that website tells me absolutely nothing about what the Daydream Project actually does and who is behind it. It's basically paragraph after paragraph of PR/management speak interspersed with prepositions.

With a bit of literacy training my dog could probably come up with the same concept.

I'm sorry but that website tells me absolutely nothing about what the Daydream Project actually does and who is behind it. It's basically paragraph after paragraph of PR/management speak interspersed with prepositions.

With a bit of literacy training my dog could probably come up with the same concept.

It is basically helping people with experience over many fields return to work. There is more than one pageTry the Facebook and Twitter there are pictures of him there. But it is more of a help grou[ coordination to get the best results for the clients

So they're ultimately acting as a recruitment agency but their angle is to attract candidates through a slightly weird and creepy cult-like website? I assume you haven't looked at the website yourself ken, but I reckon even you might find the whole thing a bit odd.

Please share the good news re DnO though. I'm genuinely interested.

Edited by MooseBreath