Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Decided to take a self enforced months break off the Internet (sort of) and see how it works for me. Realised today I'm spending far far too much time on Social Media and completely neglecting my work and some other things,

Will be interesting to see if I can do it but I'm going to try my best!

I thought you were jobless?

Did Moose's agency find you work too?

I thought you were jobless?

Did Moose's agency find you work too?

I would go along with this terrible joke and say I could find you some work too but you sound like you're struggling so I'm guessing you have no real skills to offer. Edited by MooseBreath

The people and organisations that I know ie. APEX, normally look for the positive  side of a person's abilities and skills in order to boost their confidence and enable them to find suitable employment faster. But your method is unique. Good luck in employing it,

The people and organisations that I know ie. APEX, normally look for the positive side of a person's abilities and skills in order to boost their confidence and enable them to find suitable employment faster. But your method is unique. Good luck in employing it,

If I was looking for a charity case I'd go to a third world country kenbo. Someplace where gaining valuable skills isn't as straight forward as it is in this country. No time whatsoever for people who haven't even bothered to get a few qualifications under their belt.

I would go along with this terrible joke and say I could find you some work too but you sound like you're struggling so I'm guessing you have no real skills to offer.

Don 't be so hard on yourself, the temp agency must be able to find you something in middle management, you've clearly got the experience, what having worked over 10+ years in the public/private sector, can you not give him some advice? Maybe your recruitment agent can sort him out?

I'm sorry but that website tells me absolutely nothing about what the Daydream Project actually does and who is behind it. It's basically paragraph after paragraph of PR/management speak interspersed with prepositions.

With a bit of literacy training my dog could probably come up with the same concept.

A little sufing on the site brought this result. I see nothing negative in helping prople to explore whatever it takes ti return to work utilising previous sjills,

The Daydreamer Project UK was set up as a local Leicester based initiative to assist those whom have had difficulties in finding employment, had a long-term career/skills gap and are seeking an avenue to showcase their talents in a voluntary capacity to increase employability or to gain employability through one of Daydreamers own internal projects. It empowers individuals whom have been unemployed or faced barriers to entry into work enabling them to create work for themselves through independent projects. Fundamentally, we intend to operate as both as “think-tank” and as a longitudinal social experiment into group dynamics in a business environment.     Through research, we found that a vast mix of individuals were interesting in applying their skills in working practice on a voluntary basis if it meant finding long-term employment as a result. From this point we decided we would put together projects to assist these individuals.     If this is not for you, we would like to wish you all the best in your future career and hope that your aspirations for ideas and dreams are actualised. As daydreamers, we know the joys of having a dream come true and here's hoping you get yours.

Edited by Rincewind

Don 't be so hard on yourself, the temp agency must be able to find you something in middle management, you've clearly got the experience, what having worked over 10+ years in the public/private sector, can you not give him some advice? Maybe your recruitment agent can sort him out?

Hahahahahahshs oh god please stop OK ok you've got me I give in wow how can I ever compete

A little sufing on the site brought this result. I see nothing negative in helping prople to explore whatever it takes ti return to work utilising previous sjills,

The Daydreamer Project UK was set up as a local Leicester based initiative to assist those whom have had difficulties in finding employment, had a long-term career/skills gap and are seeking an avenue to showcase their talents in a voluntary capacity to increase employability or to gain employability through one of Daydreamers own internal projects. It empowers individuals whom have been unemployed or faced barriers to entry into work enabling them to create work for themselves through independent projects. Fundamentally, we intend to operate as both as “think-tank” and as a longitudinal social experiment into group dynamics in a business environment. Through research, we found that a vast mix of individuals were interesting in applying their skills in working practice on a voluntary basis if it meant finding long-term employment as a result. From this point we decided we would put together projects to assist these individuals. If this is not for you, we would like to wish you all the best in your future career and hope that your aspirations for ideas and dreams are actualised. As daydreamers, we know the joys of having a dream come true and here's hoping you get yours.

Have you read that? If so do you not agree that a recruitment agency talking about doubling as a "longitudinal social experiment" sounds a little bit strange? I note this organisation claims to have lots of jobs available across a wide range of sectors. I doubt very much that they have if they've only just set up, so they appear to be falsely advertising jobs in a bid to lure gullible people into this "experiment". It sounds weird, ken, and not entirely legal.

Hahahahahahshs oh god please stop OK ok you've got me I give in wow how can I ever compete

Is that it? Worst response yet.

With so much time here on FT ripping on Ken , you must be some hell of a worker, on the bottom rung of the ladder, having spent so many years working on your career and getting nowhere, I can see now why you're such a frustrated ****. We should all really save some sympathy for such a sad creature. 

Is that it? Worst response yet.

With so much time here on FT ripping on Ken , you must be some hell of a worker, on the bottom rung of the ladder, having spent so many years working on your career and getting nowhere, I can see now why you're such a frustrated ****. We should all really save some sympathy for such a sad creature. 

You're obsessed.

The Daydreamer Project UK was set up as a local Leicester based initiative to assist those whom have had difficulties in finding employment, had a long-term career/skills gap and are seeking an avenue to showcase their talents in a voluntary capacity to increase employability or to gain employability through one of Daydreamers own internal projects. It empowers individuals whom have been unemployed or faced barriers to entry into work enabling them to create work for themselves through independent projects. Fundamentally, we intend to operate as both as “think-tank” and as a longitudinal social experiment into group dynamics in a business environment.     Through research, we found that a vast mix of individuals were interesting in applying their skills in working practice on a voluntary basis if it meant finding long-term employment as a result. From this point we decided we would put together projects to assist these individuals.     If this is not for you, we would like to wish you all the best in your future career and hope that your aspirations for ideas and dreams are actualised. As daydreamers, we know the joys of having a dream come true and here's hoping you get yours.

Yeah, but what projects have they put together? Have they got case studies of the people they've helped for example?

I don't see anything negative in helping people find employment either, it should be applauded, but a website full of management speak and corny lines about "dreams" isn't actually going to do anything to help that.

I still don't understand what this scheme would offer me.

Have you read that? If so do you not agree that a recruitment agency talking about doubling as a "longitudinal social experiment" sounds a little bit strange? I note this organisation claims to have lots of jobs available across a wide range of sectors. I doubt very much that they have if they've only just set up, so they appear to be falsely advertising jobs in a bid to lure gullible people into this "experiment". It sounds weird, ken, and not entirely legal.

Pay the man

You're obsessed.

They're both as bad as each other. Only difference is SF seems like a decent person even if he does seem a little weird with it. MB on the otherhand comes across as a horrible little **** who has not an ounce of compassion for anyone else.

You're obsessed.

Not in the slightest. If MF is going to continue with to bully Ken about DNO, or anything else he posts, then I'd like to understand what ivory tower he works at, and why he's so bitter. It's clear he isn't as clever as he thinks he is, and perhaps should spend less time trolling on the internet, and focus on his career.

We're all concerned that with the splendid rise of the economy due the superb Tory intervention, that he can't make that step up. It must be a confidence thing. Do you need someone to talk to MF?

Perhaps Ken's website can give you the support he needs?

Edited by sphericalfox
  • Like 1

They're both as bad as each other. Only difference is SF seems like a decent person even if he does seem a little weird with it. MB on the otherhand comes across as a horrible little **** who has not an ounce of compassion for anyone else.

I actually have a great deal of compassion for people with genuine problems but for the likes of ken? You're right, none whatsoever. Spherical is just a troll fishing for attention but with very poor bait and generally bad angling technique.

Not in the slightest. If MF is going to continue with to bully Ken about DNO, or anything else he posts, then I'd like to understand what ivory tower he works at, and why he's so bitter. It's clear he isn't as clever as he thinks he is, and perhaps should spend less time trolling on the internet, and focus on his career.

We're all concerned that with the splendid rise of the economy due the superb Tory intervention, that he can't make that step up. It must be a confidence thing. Do you need someone to talk to MF?

Perhaps Ken's website can give you the support he needs?

See what I mean? Pitiful stuff.

I actually have a great deal of compassion for people with genuine problems but for the likes of ken? You're right, none whatsoever. Spherical is just a troll fishing for attention but with very poor bait and generally bad angling technique.

See what I mean? Pitiful stuff.

To be fair, watching the two of you argue is just a vaguely more literate version of Lamby and kingfox duking it out. You essentially just recycle each other's tepid come backs.

You chuck in a bit more sexual imagery and he feigns a desperate bid for intellectual snobbery but you're otherwise much of a muchness.

It's not like either of you have any real ammunition on each other because you're both completely anonymous. At least Ken has the balls to put enough of himself out there to be judged.

As did your old pal Daggers.

• Like 1