Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

It was not the dress code that concerned me but the attitude towards potential future employers. 'only a Nigerian bakery'

I really hope Lamby finds the kind of work he is looking for and understand that at times things can be frustrating but and this is a reluctant but his attitude encourages the stereo typing brigade to emerge. He would be a perfect example for David Cameron to put on a pedestal  and announce to the nation ' To all you workers this is  the shirker your hard earned money is going to.'

I am sure that in the right job Lamby will be motivated enough to give 100%

There are places that offer help in finding work. Apex on Charles street give help with CV building letter writing and applications. There is free use of computers to search for jobs that are displayed plus the staff are more helpful and friendly than at job centres. They offer training and voluntary work within their organisations. The one on Charles Street have had several people working in the cafe there. Also after training it is credited for your CV They have places across the country but might be called different names as it would be different people running the same idea and services. There must be similar places in London. They would even offer Admin work. You never know we could see Lamby becoming a job adviser for them.

Guest MattP

It was not the dress code that concerned me but the attitude towards potential future employers. 'only a Nigerian bakery'

I really hope Lamby finds the kind of work he is looking for and understand that at times things can be frustrating but and this is a reluctant but his attitude encourages the stereo typing brigade to emerge. He would be a perfect example for David Cameron to put on a pedestal  and announce to the nation ' To all you workers this is  the shirker your hard earned money is going to.'

I am sure that in the right job Lamby will be motivated enough to give 100%

There are places that offer help in finding work. Apex on Charles street give help with CV building letter writing and applications. There is free use of computers to search for jobs that are displayed plus the staff are more helpful and friendly than at job centres. They offer training and voluntary work within their organisations. The one on Charles Street have had several people working in the cafe there. Also after training it is credited for your CV They have places across the country but might be called different names as it would be different people running the same idea and services. There must be similar places in London. They would even offer Admin work. You never know we could see Lamby becoming a job adviser for them.

Why not?

If you can preach all day and every day about Interview tips, how to find work and what employers find suitable and appealing, I see no reason why Lamby shouldn't.

Why not?

If you can preach all day and every day about Interview tips, how to find work and what employers find suitable and appealing, I see no reason why Lamby shouldn't.

You do know Ken worked for over 40 years, right? And had no employment trouble I'm aware of him mentioning until his latter years.

Guest MattP

You do know Ken worked for over 40 years, right? And had no employment trouble I'm aware of him mentioning until his latter years.

So he tells us.

So he tells us.

To be fair, Ken is immensely transparent with his life, I don't think there's major grounds to consider him a liar. He's more than happy to reveal unflattering facts about his life for criticism.

There are plenty of forum members that adopt more anonymity that you probably don't question.

• Like 2

Guest MattP

If that's a reference to Moose I wouldn't believe anything he said either.

I'd never judge someone until I met them personally.

Anyway I only posted as I was logged in on a laptop. Time for me to start working again instead of getting into old habits.

If that's a reference to Moose I wouldn't believe anything he said either.

I'd never judge someone until I met them personally.

Anyway I only posted as I was logged in on a laptop. Time for me to start working again instead of getting into old habits.

Not really just Moose, though he sprung to mind.

I am too transparent. I had two previous periods of unemployment. Four months at 16 years old after a four month trial in my first job. There were still factories open then and I remember walking up Abbey Park Road and going in every factory to ask for a job.

My second period was after being made redundant. They would not help me look for work or register until I had actually left.

I bumped into an old workmate who suggested going into security. I laughed at him to start with as I imagined it to be for huge muscled blokes. Luckily one company was holding a recruitment drive at New Walk job Centre (what has happened to those they don;t have recruitment days now) I went along and put my name down. While waiting I applied for another security job and got it.

A few days later the other place called offering me a place, I had to turn it down but they said that I was almost assured of a job so did not need to look elsewhere. I joined them 3 or 5 years later when work dried up. Same happened a few years later where I joined the last place who changed name 3 or four times then went up he spout.

So I have not spent much time out of work. It was the staff at the job centre that suggested I look into Pension Credit. This was when hey gave advice and helped people into work. You have to go to independent places now in order to be spoken to like a  human being.

Just lived a nightmare. I was going for a piss when a wasp came out of nowhere and went like a cruise missile straight for my dick. I absolute shat my pants! I didn't get stung but I die cover the bathroom floor in piss. The missus wasn't too sympathetic so I'm looking to you guys...

Edited by Danizen

Just lived a nightmare. I was going for a piss when a wasp came out of nowhere and went like a cruise missile straight for my dick. I absolute shat my pants! I didn't get stung but I die cover the bathroom floor in piss. The missus wasn't too sympathetic so I'm looking to you guys...

If it had stung it it would have swollen up, perhaps that's why your missus was upset.

• Like 1

lol

This week has felt soooooooooo long. It doesn't get any easier. It hasn't helped that my boss is pissing himself about some reporting that the field managers were meant to do.

As an 11 year old girl it's very important for me to guard my anonymity, especially in this day and age.

You're incredibly tall for an 11 year old! :o