Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Theres been some posts by some people with the same  surname as me. I thought it was rare bt according to the posts they originate from America. I doubt I am nothing more than far far far distant connected. Most are up north in England and my side are just Leicester as far as I know. Ny family tree on my dads side gets complicated a few generations back.

Anyway someone put up the coat of arms for the family name. I am from the pauper clan.

10325185_10152628902128928_1388295536958

Edited by Rincewind

Some on Facebook are from Salford area. I honestly thought until I Googled a year or two ago that there were not many about. One on FB wrtes/illustrates childrens books. Quite well known. Think its The Pirates from Next Door. I believe he has even worked on animation for feature films.He won't be a close relative of course but somewhere in the past there is a genetic link  to an artistic ide as I write poetry. Although I suppose we could find a tiny link to anything.

Some of the names of ancestors got me thinking. Ishmael Joseph Jacob David. Although none of my immediate relatives have those names.One ancestor had 13 children. Not all survived.

Having spent the week cycling to get fit,putting ikea furniture together or decorating,I spent last night sorting my fishing( awaits the predictable fisting joke) gear so I can meet up with the kids at my mums Norfolk bolt hole and do some fishing with the lad.Then went to my mums Cambs gaff and watered up,giving me the room and time to " zero in" the scope on the new gun.

Turned on Radio 1 to hear Fearne Cottons first song ,the band are friends with my nephew and one of the guys dads is mates with my brother.Hope they do well,apparently these guys are generally nice blokes .good luck to them.

Mallory Knox- Ghost in the mirror

Edited by cambridgefox

Having spent the week cycling to get fit,putting ikea furniture together or decorating,I spent last night sorting my fishing( awaits the predictable fisting joke) gear so I can meet up with the kids at my mums Norfolk bolt hole and do some fishing with the lad.Then went to my mums Cambs gaff and watered up,giving me the room and time to " zero in" the scope on the new gun.

Turned on Radio 1 to hear Fearne Cottons first song ,the band are friends with my nephew and one of the guys dads is mates with my brother.Hope they do well,apparently these guys are generally nice blokes .good luck to them.

Mallory Knox- Ghost in the mirror

Just checked them out they seem to have that american mainstream rock sound, despite being english, not my cup of tea but good luck to them.

I love it when you make remarks that are either false or full of hypocrisy! hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. beatch.

Please do tell why I am any more anonymous than 95% of the anonymous monikered posters on FT, including yourself?

Firstly, I was predominantly fishing, I knew you'd have a strop at any comparison to Moose. I'm actually aware you've got some blog or other I think and didn't you come from the 606 or TB? So I'm sure some people know who you are.

Generally though, yourself and MB just snipe at each other with no idea at all about each other's actual lives.

As for me, plenty of us actually know each other on here. I've met scores of FoxesTalkers and I'm apparently recognisable enough that Matt spotted me at the football a couple months ago without ever having been introduced to me. So, yeah, I wouldn't consider myself particularly anonymous.

It'd probably take anyone with a particularly stalkerish nature to work out my name, work address and probably job description in an hour or so based off my posting history. In fact, I'm quietly confident a couple of my work colleagues actually read this board and have worked out who I am.

Which isn't unique to me. I've spotted numerous foxes talkers recognising each other in threads. Simo and UB, MattP and some of his mates, Haydos and his old rugby pals.

:shrug:

Firstly, I was predominantly fishing, I knew you'd have a strop at any comparison to Moose. I'm actually aware you've got some blog or other I think and didn't you come from the 606 or TB? So I'm sure some people know who you are.

Generally though, yourself and MB just snipe at each other with no idea at all about each other's actual lives.

As for me, plenty of us actually know each other on here. I've met scores of FoxesTalkers and I'm apparently recognisable enough that Matt spotted me at the football a couple months ago without ever having been introduced to me. So, yeah, I wouldn't consider myself particularly anonymous.

It'd probably take anyone with a particularly stalkerish nature to work out my name, work address and probably job description in an hour or so based off my posting history. In fact, I'm quietly confident a couple of my work colleagues actually read this board and have worked out who I am.

Which isn't unique to me. I've spotted numerous foxes talkers recognising each other in threads. Simo and UB, MattP and some of his mates, Haydos and his old rugby pals.

Your last name is obviously Jones, you work at the council and you go to the sa...

SAHARA, UPPERTON ROAD, RIYAD AND KNOCKY GO THERE, OMG I'VE BEEN KEEPING IT TO MYSELF FOR SO LONG THE SECRECY IS KILLING ME.

I think I saw Riyad in town yesterday but he wasn't wearing joggers so I'm not sure

Ah, the old I was 'fishing' line. Superb  :thumbup:

Yeah there are some on here who know each other directly, and others through FT. Given the number of users, both active, and inactive, I'd say the anonymity ratio is fairly high. Given that I've met numerous FTers, know several others, and various others from other sites who frequent here, some who know me personally, as you've understood, I'm not anonymous.

However, my 'sniping' at trolls, and the seemingly acceptance of trolling as entertainment, isn't in my view acceptable, that includes those who aren't 'obvious trolls'.

My engagement with FT as I recall has always had you barking in my general direction, it'll likely be a response to something I posted that likely disagreed with you (and we all know that isn't allowed), and ever since you've had a proverbial arse hair you can't shift. But that's not my problem, if you can't manage to take your own multitude of wisdoms, and put me on ignore, then there's no hope for you.

I stay out of most arguments, and primarily keep my opinions to myself nowadays, and post mostly bland video/image links, mostly to bore the shit out of people. It seems to be working, and I am glad to have your innocuous approval. This warms my lonely heart.  lol

Maybe one day we'll meet down the pub and we might actually enjoy each others company, as we have more in common than in difference, bar your hyper-intelligence of course.  :P

It's nothing personal, I just find you really quite boring and some of your forced efforts at being funny are real tumbleweed moments. You're probably a lovely guy, same as Fox92. Just makes for dull posting. You probably find me largely uninteresting as well so I imagine it's mutual.

It's nothing personal, I just find you really quite boring and some of your forced efforts at being funny are real tumbleweed moments. You're probably a lovely guy, same as Fox92. Just makes for dull posting. You probably find me largely uninteresting as well so I imagine it's mutual.

So you don't get my humour, I don't expect everyone to, and some posting of others are a bit boring, but I don't turn into a pissy bitch about it. Like you've said before, if you don't want to see it, put me on ignore, then I won't offend your superior sensibilities. 

So you don't get my humour, I don't expect everyone to, and some posting of others are a bit boring, but I don't turn into a pissy bitch about it. Like you've said before, if you don't want to see it, put me on ignore, then I won't offend your superior sensibilities.

Who's being pissy? :huh:

Other than you, apparently?