Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Now I'm not an expert on the Watford Gap services but couldn't you have just eaten inside the building? I'm pretty sure that's designed to keep rain out :D

Doh, everyone knows it's called Watford Gap because of all the gaps in the roof! :rolleyes::doh::whistle: 

Guest MattP

Went into town this morning and it was actually quite pleasant, the market looks far better and there was some lovely stalls up on Gallowtree Gate. Can genuinely see the recovery happening now in people, everyone looked a bit happier and smarter, the sunshine obviously helps a bit as well.

First time in years I've not walked out of town cringing at something or someone I thought was a disgrace to humanity.

Went into town this morning and it was actually quite pleasant, the market looks far better and there was some lovely stalls up on Gallowtree Gate. Can genuinely see the recovery happening now in people, everyone looked a bit happier and smarter, the sunshine obviously helps a bit as well.

First time in years I've not walked out of town cringing at something or someone I thought was a disgrace to humanity.

Agreed, they must have read the latest YouGov & ICM poll's.

I'm finding town a bit grim at the moment - there's been a big increase in the number of folk begging on Granby Street (which I know is rarely great anyway) in particular.

It's bin day around where I work and a lot of them are out on the street with the lids open and it STINKS.  Nearly put me off my Greggs sausage roll.  Nearly

Doh, everyone knows it's called Watford Gap because of all the gaps in the roof! :rolleyes::doh::whistle:

Thought of you the other day ,regarding your teaching in Thetford,I took a wrong turn near the station and meandered through a lovely estate that had a primary school on it.The estate looked a right dump,plenty of chavs,young mums and staffies on offer,which surprised me as apart from the industry I thought Thetford was ok.

Thought of you the other day ,regarding your teaching in Thetford,I took a wrong turn near the station and meandered through a lovely estate that had a primary school on it.The estate looked a right dump,plenty of chavs,young mums and staffies on offer,which surprised me as apart from the industry I thought Thetford was ok.

lol Thankfully I no longer teach in Thetford but, yes, that's the estate and school where I used to be. It makes most places look really classy. If you experienced it during the day you got off lightly... at night it truly is grim... the prostitutes, drug-dealers and dog-fighters are less conspicuous in daylight. Most of Thetford's pretty hideous, tbh, with the exception of one or two small new-built estates and a small area along the river. 

Guest MattP

It's nice to see that, as a white man, MattP feels safe walking through the city centre in the daytime.

Who mentioned anything about safety?

Definitely. We've not won this one (usually around 15 teams) but come runner up and 3rd a few times. Won some money on occasion.

Back home we won enough in six months to take all of us plus a few mates out for a curry and a couple of beers.

It's a feat they haven't repeated since I moved away though.  :whistle:

My eyes keep running, for some reason. Anybody ever had this? Because it doesn't seem to be going. To be fair, only went to doctors yesterday and he gave me eye drops (absolutely horrible) so hoping it cures because it's annoying more than anything. Looks like I'm constantly crying.