Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Strange dream last night. I was in a car/van (it changed) with a bloke and a woman. It stopped and the woman got out. the bloke says stay  there and proceeded to drive to what I assume to be a place out of town. He then says get out and says something like walk home from here. I ask why and he says You've been eying my missus up. I said rubbish i may have looked at her but have no interest in her. It ends with him breaking down and me giving him a shoulder to cry on.

It still ended with me having to walk home,

I was confused by it too.

Strange dream last night. I was in a car/van (it changed) with a bloke and a woman. It stopped and the woman got out. the bloke says stay  there and proceeded to drive to what I assume to be a place out of town. He then says get out and says something like walk home from here. I ask why and he says You've been eying my missus up. I said rubbish i may have looked at her but have no interest in her. It ends with him breaking down and me giving him a shoulder to cry on.

It still ended with me having to walk home,

I was confused by it too.

Story of our bloody life eh lads.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 1

Went to the cinema and there was a quite evidently mentally disabled guy at the front in his wheelchair with two "carers".

He pretty much ruined the entire film, by making uncontrollable outbursts every time it went quiet. Obviously it's not him I'm annoyed with, but instead of trying to shush him, the pair of twats sat beside him laughed every time he did it. Obviously no one did anything, but he pretty much ruined what was a good film.

What were they thinking taking him there? They must have known he'd be like that? Surely he didn't request in particular to go to the cinema, but if he did want to see a film - surely he could watch one in a place that wouldn't ruin it for paying customers.

Arseholes.

Edited by RonnieTodger

Went to the cinema and there was a quite evidently mentally disabled guy at the front in his wheelchair with two "carers".

He pretty much ruined the entire film, by making uncontrollable outbursts every time it went quiet. Obviously it's not him I'm annoyed with, but instead of trying to shush him, the pair of twats sat beside him laughed every time he did it. Obviously no one did anything, but he pretty much ruined what was a good film.

What were they thinking taking him there? They must have known he'd be like that? Surely he didn't request in particular to go to the cinema, but if he did want to see a film - surely he could watch one in a place that wouldn't ruin it for paying customers.

Arseholes.

I have a friend who's severely mentally disabled, and I know his carers have a habit of taking him to things they want to do rather than taking him to something he'd enjoy. I'd put money on them wanting to see the film and just thought they'd use him as an excuse to go during work hours. Probably used his money too.

I have a friend who's severely mentally disabled, and I know his carers have a habit of taking him to things they want to do rather than taking him to something he'd enjoy. I'd put money on them wanting to see the film and just thought they'd use him as an excuse to go during work hours. Probably used his money too.

Saw a post on Facebook on a disabled rights page. It was a link to a story in America which called a water a 'hero' for sticking up for a family and put his job at 'risk' What happened was a regular family with a child with downs syndrome was near another family who were annoyed by the noises the child was making so he moved them to another table. Then a short while later he heard one of them say something like they shouldn't allow kids like that out' So he went over to them and asked them to leave.

The reason for the quotation marks?  Well I think it is a little OTT to say the waiter was a hero and put his job at risk. For one thing the offending group apparently left without argument and I believe his boss may have backed him up. One because the family were regular customers and two they would have agreed he did right by asking the party to leave which I expect he did in a polite way.

As for the cinema thing the disabled person may have been noisier than usual but the carers should have more respect for the other cinema goers and made more  of an attempt and they could also be more conscious of the film than you give them credit for.  This individual case I mean.

Saw a post on Facebook on a disabled rights page. It was a link to a story in America which called a water a 'hero' for sticking up for a family and put his job at 'risk' What happened was a regular family with a child with downs syndrome was near another family who were annoyed by the noises the child was making so he moved them to another table. Then a short while later he heard one of them say something like they shouldn't allow kids like that out' So he went over to them and asked them to leave.

The reason for the quotation marks? Well I think it is a little OTT to say the waiter was a hero and put his job at risk. For one thing the offending group apparently left without argument and I believe his boss may have backed him up. One because the family were regular customers and two they would have agreed he did right by asking the party to leave which I expect he did in a polite way.

As for the cinema thing the disabled person may have been noisier than usual but the carers should have more respect for the other cinema goers and made more of an attempt and they could also be more conscious of the film than you give them credit for. This individual case I mean.

I only skim read your post because 1) it's 1:30am and 2) it's boring.

• Like 2

Went to take photos at a Bulgarian Baseball League playoff match - Sofia Athletics vs Kozloduy.... Athletics (those imaginative Bulgars). Not the best sport for photography, kept my lens trained on the batsmen for about 5 minutes waiting for someone to just hit the bloody thing.

Good news for Matt. Just seen on Facebook.

You heard it on the grapevine. Mooted return of both The Jazz Shambles and raDNO soon. We'll keep you posted. Anyone interested in doing their 'Frog Island Discs'?

I have put forward your name Matt.

Nah, not really but you are more than welcome. NP or anyone at the City would be good. Anyone got contacts there?

Don't ask where it will be. There are no details and it has come as a surprise to me.