Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

More money yes, but a much higher cost of living. Balances itself out.

Never lived in London myself but love the place. You can't get bored there, ever.

Aye it all balances itself out but I wouldn't mind settling down south. Money isn't the primary factor but would just like to live in London

Btw stay safe baltimore.

• Like 1

Did you try the black balsam, made from - we were told - "100 different things from the forest". That had a similar effect on my system.

We were drinking all kinds of dubious lager mostly.

Actually as a place the centre was really nice though go further out than half a mile and it was awful. We got screwed over for taxis left right and centre but you expect it when going to that kind of place. One lad did get threatened if he didn't hand over his 70 euros but he made the mistake of going off by himself.

Also went to a shooting range and got to fire a few guns including a Winchester shotgun and a Kalashnikov rifle and a few pistols. Good laugh. Shooting a pistol accurately is incredibly difficult.

Interview tomorrow, hook me up with some advice.

Look smart (but not too smart), be polite (but not gushing), make eye contact (not in a stalker kinda way), smile (not manically)!

During the interview take time to breathe and consider your answers. If you need them to repeat a question have the confidence to ask them to. 

Had a pint of this today in the Pub. I was told it was going to be the house regular ale. I asked for the pump clip and he said he may have a spare. Yayay.

10435699_10152231578502003_7181555406957

I'd like to have it as my profile picture but it may be too big.

Edited by Rincewind

How is it going over there? All ok?

Things are quiet. No police on the streets, they've gone into hiding. The military targeted them over the weekend and again last night.

Politicians are supposed to be returning from south africa today. That could prompt more violence.

The PM fired the army chief on Friday (kicking all this off), but the army chief is refusing to leave. They scared the PM to south Africa and shot up the new army chief's house.

Currently the LCD party is in charge, the deputy PM, who originally appointed the army chief several years ago, so he is loyal to them. The police are loyal to the PM.

A cliche but It's only going to get worse before it gets better.

My wife's company are paying for us to stay in South Africa until it calms down.

Jesus balti, take care mate.

Got the big interview for the promotion today down south so hope they see sense and appoint the right man. I'm up against just one other candidate now so would be a wounder to fall at the last fence

Good luck, are you still working in fitness?

I laughed my head off at the story where you had to clean the shit in the shower

Yeah, still for the same company but in a different location where the public know it's not acceptable to shit in the showers and recently, shower on the gym floor using the drinking fountain in nothing but their scraggy pants.

Civilised people, one might say.

They were having a shower using the drinking fountain?

Was in the gym last night, and some guy had his treadmill going full tilt, decides to get off to wipe his face, leaving said treadmill in full tilt, then some unseudpecting guy thinks it's free and try's to get on it, not knowing it's in full tilt mode, to say it didn't end well would be an understatement. lol

Waited in all day for a new bed for my daughter from Ikea. I opened every box to find the instructions only to find it won't fit in the space because the radiator sticks out too far. It's going to be 2 weeks before my brother-in-law can move the radiator. 

All I'm getting is a load of earache off the missus because I can't saw the pipes off and weld the ends up and fit the bed until the radiator is moved, like that would work.

Edited by Webbo

Waited in all day for a new bed for my daughter from Ikea. I opened every box to find the instructions only to find it won't fit in the space because the radiator sticks out too far. It's going to be 2 weeks before my brother-in-law can move the radiator. 

All I'm getting is a load of earache off the missus because I can't saw the pipes off and weld the ends up and fit the bed until the radiator is moved, like that would work.

But the important thing is does she understand the offside rule? :)

Have you told the missus that you're not sure how to saw the pipes off the radiator but you do know how to saw the barrels off a shotgun

• Like 1

There should be a shutoff valve either side of the radiator. If you close them both you can drain the radiator, unscrew the pipes and remove it.

Edit:

If you do have a go at removing this, make sure you protect any carpeting, the water may be very black and will stain. The alternative to draining, is attaching a plug cap on either side and lifting the radiator off with water inside.

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 1

How to make a man feel even more inept... :)

There should be a shutoff valve either side of the radiator. If you close them both you can drain the radiator, unscrew the pipes and remove it.
Edit:
If you do have a go at removing this, make sure you protect any carpeting, the water may be very black and will stain. The alternative to draining, is attaching a plug cap on either side and lifting the radiator off with water inside.

• Like 1

Have you told the missus that you're not sure how to saw the pipes off the radiator but you do know how to saw the barrels off a shotgun

I felt like doing the Cluedo on her and getting some lead piping

Edit:

I appreciate the advice but there's no way I'm getting involved with plumbing.

How to make a man feel even more inept... :)

lol