Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

30th Birthday today! Getting olddddd! :frantics:

Working until 10pm but then going out with the better half tonight, followed by a weekend up in Seoul with some more friends. Should be a blast. Also, as this weekend is Chuseok (Korean national holiday, Moon Festival), I have until next Thursday off so a 5-day weekend! Not a bad way to head into your 30's.

i can't remember my 30th,but I'm sure I could tie my shoes up without straining.

Have a good day.

Edited by cambridgefox

30th Birthday today! Getting olddddd! :frantics:

Working until 10pm but then going out with the better half tonight, followed by a weekend up in Seoul with some more friends. Should be a blast. Also, as this weekend is Chuseok (Korean national holiday, Moon Festival), I have until next Thursday off so a 5-day weekend! Not a bad way to head into your 30's.

Have a good evening/weekend, Mac.

If I could choose an age to go back to, I'd choose something around 30: mature enough to feel comfortable in your own skin (hopefully) and to take sensible decisions, but still young enough to feel energetic, to do new things and to have a lot of fun....hopefully without too many ties, too, though you seem to be in the process of cocking that one up!  lol

i can't remember my 30th,but I'm sure I could tie my shoes up without straining.

Have a good day.

Thanks CF! :thumbup:

I had Mac as mid-20s. Surprised he's 30. Not at all surprised to hear he's shacked up with a Korean bird though. Called it.

Your intel is a wee bit off these Moosey, it's an American lady who is the better half. Believe me, it sidesteps so many cultural landmines. Gives you a whole set of new ones...but that's a different matter.

Good shout on the age though.

Have a good evening/weekend, Mac.

If I could choose an age to go back to, I'd choose something around 30: mature enough to feel comfortable in your own skin (hopefully) and to take sensible decisions, but still young enough to feel energetic, to do new things and to have a lot of fun....hopefully without too many ties, too, though you seem to be in the process of cocking that one up!  lol

Cheers Alf. I do actually feel the way that you've described right now - a blend of good things and hopefully soon with enough time and money to make the call about what to do next. I'm only going to be tied down for as long as I'm here though - both she and I knew that'd be the case when things started. There's an understanding there.

Cheers Alf. I do actually feel the way that you've described right now - a blend of good things and hopefully soon with enough time and money to make the call about what to do next. I'm only going to be tied down for as long as I'm here though - both she and I knew that'd be the case when things started. There's an understanding there.

It's all downhill from now on. :thumbup:

I had Mac as mid-20s. Surprised he's 30. Not at all surprised to hear he's shacked up with a Korean bird though. Called it.

I thought the same bar the Korean, Mac seems to have had a bad experience with a Korean girl Edited by Wookie

If there's one thing I can tell you I learnt in the 7 years since I hit 30 is there is never enough money or time :)  Don't wait for the perfect moment, get on with it.  Whatever it might be.

• Like 1

It's all downhill from now on. :thumbup:

Speak for yourself, Webbo. My life didn't start going downhill until age 34....when I moved to the Midlands.  

I'm determined that life is going to take a late upturn, though, even if I have to stay in the Midlands for at least another 8 years.  :whistle:

If there's one thing I can tell you I learnt in the 7 years since I hit 30 is there is never enough money or time :)  Don't wait for the perfect moment, get on with it.  Whatever it might be.

That's spot on - both bits of it. I could kick myself when I think of the time I've wasted in the last 10 years (and I'm not referring to FoxesTalk, a fine social diversion). I'm going to change...aren't I?  :o Yes, I am!  :thumbup:

Never felt so sick in my life. My sister & her boyfriend went on holiday to Jamaica today, they land 22.00pm our time. Just in the kitchen and heard on the radio that a plane has crashed into the sea 22km away from jamica.

Quickly ran into the living room to put sky news on and saw that it was a private American plane. I never want to feel anything like that again.

Never felt so sick in my life. My sister & her boyfriend went on holiday to Jamaica today, they land 22.00pm our time. Just in the kitchen and heard on the radio that a plane has crashed into the sea 22km away from jamica.

Quickly ran into the living room to put sky news on and saw that it was a private American plane. I never want to feel anything like that again.

Eeek

Glad all is well with your family but hope there are no fatalities for people on that plane though. Baltimore Blue posted something similar to that few pages back I think. 

Then thank the lord you're not fussy about where your charity comes from!

Not yet I'm not.

So I think work have forgotten to text me my hours, well bollocks to them this week then, I'd rather drink instead. They've still "forgotten" to pay me for 5 hours work the other week despite me reminding them a week ago that I hadn't been paid for it yet/

Not yet I'm not.

So I think work have forgotten to text me my hours, well bollocks to them this week then, I'd rather drink instead. They've still "forgotten" to pay me for 5 hours work the other week despite me reminding them a week ago that I hadn't been paid for it yet/

They say you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

So in a couple of weeks, they'll know they used to have a penis flashing waster.

It seems you've won this round.

Seems like they don't want you and hoping you go away.

There's now only me and someone else who does my job, and you can't really have only one doing it at a time. I'll probably get a text at like 11pm tomorrow asking me where I am.

They say you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

So in a couple of weeks, they'll know they used to have a penis flashing waster.

It seems you've won this round.

I've not done that yet, in time, possibly.

If you don't work they will fire you which will make it harder to find another job or claim JSA. OK when living with parents I suppose

Read something today that says if you change jobs a lot it puts employers off so if you have had too few or too many in a set period you stand less chance than those that have a job and stick with it until something better comes along.