Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I don't have anything to do with it, I have £185 in my bank and I don't go out ever and don't need anything.

I'm sure Mark wouldn't refuse a donation towards the running of this forum. :D

I thought what I put was reasonable and helpful.

Oh well I can but try. In a few years time if absent from FoxesTalk  Lamby could be found huddled up in the only office doorway in London that does not have spikes hungry,cold and wet as a result of being pissed uponand  sore after being kicked, unable to find a job because he does not have a permanent address and unable to find a flat because he does not have a job. His only option for the night would be at a night shelter sharing a room with alcoholics and drug users sleeping on an unwashed piss/semen stained mattress and having to keep awake in case anyone tries to steals his few possessions or stick an AIDS infected needle into his arm.

OK the above is melodramatic and OTT but it has been known to happen and I do not want it to happen to Lamby. Hope it is something to think about and be motivated to improve his situation. You can only kick someone up the ass so many times before they fall over and do not get up as it means nothing to them.

Oh well I can but try. In a few years time if absent from FoxesTalk Lamby could be found huddled up in the only office doorway in London that does not have spikes hungry,cold and wet as a result of being pissed uponand sore after being kicked, unable to find a job because he does not have a permanent address and unable to find a flat because he does not have a job. His only option for the night would be at a night shelter sharing a room with alcoholics and drug users sleeping on an unwashed piss/semen stained mattress and having to keep awake in case anyone tries to steals his few possessions or stick an AIDS infected needle into his arm.

Fingers crossed.

Oh well I can but try. In a few years time if absent from FoxesTalk Lamby could be found huddled up in the only office doorway in London that does not have spikes hungry,cold and wet as a result of being pissed uponand sore after being kicked, unable to find a job because he does not have a permanent address and unable to find a flat because he does not have a job. His only option for the night would be at a night shelter sharing a room with alcoholics and drug users sleeping on an unwashed piss/semen stained mattress and having to keep awake in case anyone tries to steals his few possessions or stick an AIDS infected needle into his arm.

OK the above is melodramatic and OTT but it has been known to happen and I do not want it to happen to Lamby. Hope it is something to think about and be motivated to improve his situation. You can only kick someone up the ass so many times before they fall over and do not get up as it means nothing to them.

So it's a case of do what you say, not what you do then?

So it's a case of do what you say, not what you do then?

Based on your knowledge what would your constructive advice be?

I was not telling what to do I was suggesting. I am retired so he is virtually doing what I am doing already. But he is 40 years early which is not a career option unfortunately for him.

Edited by Rincewind

Based on your knowledge what would your constructive advice be?

I was not telling what to do I was suggesting. I am retired so he is virtually doing what I am doing already. But he is 40 years early which is not a career option unfortunately for him.

Loads of us have pitched in with good advice for him, I can't be bothered to repeat it. I just couldn't help but laugh at you trying to tell someone they need to get a job.

Loads of us have pitched in with good advice for him, I can't be bothered to repeat it. I just couldn't help but laugh at you trying to tell someone they need to get a job.

He worked for the vast majority of his life, he was out of work for a couple prior to retirement, and you think that's enough to question his work ethic, and his ability to offer advice to a young lad trying to get his first real job.

Thought you'd given up this edgy **** act when you got found out after that stupid racist post? Obviously not. Might be time to grow up pal.

I've just seen you won a gallon of beer - where's the forums cut?

He worked for the vast majority of his life, he was out of work for a couple prior to retirement, and you think that's enough to question his work ethic, and his ability to offer advice to a young lad trying to get his first real job.

Thought you'd given up this edgy **** act when you got found out after that stupid racist post? Obviously not. Might be time to grow up pal.

You're on here often enough to know that Rincey is well short of any normal retirement age and is perfectly capable of working, but chooses not to. Much like Lamby. That's what made me chuckle. That and the idea that Lamby living his life on benefits might lead to him being stabbed with an aids infected needle. That was funny too. I'm not having a go at anyone, i just found it funny, that's all.

And I was doing the same as someone who has worked 45 years 3o plus at on place and now working in the volunteering sector.

I was attempting to motivate him to do something better and help himself to achieve his goals.

This was not about me it was about Lamby. If I can encourage someone I will despite the sneers and pisstake.

I'm pretty sure Lamby is mostly trolling to be fair. The whole Lamby storyline has long been a bit farcical. Adding aids needles into the mix just adds to the ridiculousness of it all. It's funny. No need to be so serious all the time.

Your last but one post wasn't calling Lamby a troll, it was comparing his "story" to Rincey's life. Whether Lamby is a troll or not, you can't liken him to Rincey.

Yeah there's no need to be serious all the time, but then there's also no need to be a **** and then play the "banter" card, you're not Kingfox.

Edited by Facecloth

Thank you facecloth. I did do some training courses. Passed an IT one and a food hygiene one as well as media courses. But TBH with the estimate of 5 applicants per job who are employers going to look at first for anything that requires the above skills. There would be a further 6 months to a year induction. Would they not prefer somebody that has experience and qualifications and is likely to give a few years loyal service. I cannot guarantee that. I wish that I could. My physical side is not suitable for heavy lifting or speed on a production or warehouse. Yes I used pension credits to retire but it was either that or stay on JSA for a further 2-3 years with the possibility of the deterioration in my health or even fatal consequences.

As for Lamby he has many years ahead of him but the longer  he goes on the harder it will be for him to have the self confidence and motivation to go and do what he wants to do as a career. Call someone useless often enough and they will come to believe it.

So I'll take the part of the good cop. It is a much harder role with Lamby. I like a challenge. :)

Re the needles, I added the AIDS part but I have met someone that would not go to the Dawn Centre. One time he was there he woke up in the night and a bloke was standing over him with a needle and who knows what it contained? . There is also a video on YouTube where someone says the beds in some places are disgusting and he prefers to sleep on the streets.

Sometimes scare tactics is what is needed.

Edited by Rincewind
  • Like 1

Got the big interview for the promotion today down south so hope they see sense and appoint the right man. I'm up against just one other candidate now so would be a wounder to fall at the last fence

I got it!!!!!!

Means I can relocate out of this dogbob city and only return briefly when city are at home!!!!!!

• Like 2