Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Went to a recruitment day at the BBC on Saturday morning. Just got the bus across to Salford, it really is amazing. They gave us a guided tour of the building as well, so I managed to get in studios of BBC Breakfast, MOTD2, 5live, Radio Manchester etc as well as seeing the backend production of it all. Amazing really, was a good introduction to it.

Edited by Fox92

Went to a recruitment day at the BBC on Saturday morning. Just got the bus across to Salford, it really is amazing. They gave us a guided tour of the building as well, so I managed to get in studios of BBC Breakfast, MOTD2, 5live, Radio Manchester etc as well as seeing the backend production of it all. Amazing really, was a good introduction to it.

Ya media city isn't it called? I would love to work there, saw some jobs online, thinking about applying

Took the dog for a good walk and swim around Sileby mill, had a great little rideout on my motorbike, went to visit the missus' grandparents, now I'm cooking a massive roast chicken and all the trimmings then off to the pub later to see a mate I haven't seen in months. Good times

Just watched the first two episodes of Marstons brewery. OKnever really learned anything Inever knew already or could be found out but interesting, Al Murray doing the voice over with little one liners came across like SOS builders tyoe of thing. First episode is available on the catch up on the internet until 20.15 tonight.

Just watched the first two episodes of Marstons brewery. OKnever really learned anything Inever knew already or could be found out but interesting, Al Murray doing the voice over with little one liners came across like SOS builders tyoe of thing. First episode is available on the catch up on the internet until 20.15 tonight.

I really can't be bothered to watch anything about the big brewers, for me the craft brewery scene is far more interesting. Big breweries are far too bothered about profit over taste and CAMRA are far too bothered about protecting old beers than supporting people with a real passion for brewing.

• Like 1

I really can't be bothered to watch anything about the big brewers, for me the craft brewery scene is far more interesting. Big breweries are far too bothered about profit over taste and CAMRA are far too bothered about protecting old beers than supporting people with a real passion for brewing.

I agree. It's all about Kernel in the UK atm.

I agree. It's all about Kernel in the UK atm.

I never realised Marstons were that big although I think they come under different names. I would rather have seen them follow a smaller outfit myself.

Landlord at the Kings Head says his brew is in production again. Its a Ginger beer. There She Blows I think it is called. Should be ready in 10-14 days. He did it in his cellar to start but could not sell it )(tax and duty laws) and I think he has to do a certain quantity to make it worthwhile. Got a brewery to do it now. The pubs brewery is Black Country (he is from West Bromich)

Edited by Rincewind

Really bored of being in South Africa. It's not even the good part, we are in a very rural area where everything shuts very early.

The media are reporting that the Lesotho Government have said military action is the only available option now against the rogue Army general.

It was the world's worst coup attempt. I can't wait to get home.

Had a birthday party to go to, thought I'd stay for a couple of hours but those 2 hours turned into 11, I haven't ate or drank that much in a long time.  I thought when the kids went to bed that would be it, but the England game was put on and as the beers were still flowing I thought why not, turned out we we're pretty decent.  Beautiful weather too.