Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Landed an interview for the BBC in London as a software developer

Will be a bag of ****ing nerves lol

In my experience BBC board are all 'give us an example of when you've..... lead a team, convinced someone etc. etc.' What  they term 'competency based' interviews.

Given that you're in for a software developer role there'll be some technical elements no doubt but I doubt they'll be like mine where I had to mix a radio programme as an operational assessment.

If there's anything I can help with drop me a message

Do any of you have hobbies? 

I used to play in brass bands and different contemporary music groups, but that option doesn't really exist at the moment. 

I am thinking about other hobbies I could do. Perhaps restore a car, set up a small business, or something. The kids keep me busy, but I need to find a hobby to be passionate about. Something to take my mind off the daily stresses. Something other than FT and Leicester City!! (not that they are bad, but they are not really a hobby I can pursue either)

Inspire me!

Yes. Collector of diecast models. Used to go to fairs and everything, but haven't been for a few years now. Still enjoy collecting, mind.

People will laugh but it's nice to have something different than just sitting on a computer system all day. I don't play playstation/xbox either.

• Like 1

Had a work colleague over from Houston, he's here to see our proposed new offices in nine elms, we sat in the garden all afternoon, he kept talking about how nice the weather is and how green everywhere is lol

Take him into town and have a walk down Charles St that will sort him out.

Well, what a day! This afternoon I had a secret lunch with my GF's parents to ask for permission to ask my GF to marry me!

They said yes :) and to make things better, the ring arrived today

Permission sounds weeiiiird. Are they like that or is it more 'approval'?

• Like 1

Well, what a day! This afternoon I had a secret lunch with my GF's parents to ask for permission to ask my GF to marry me!

They said yes :) and to make things better, the ring arrived today

Well done mate. Best of luck for the future.

• Like 1

Permission sounds weeiiiird. Are they like that or is it more 'approval'?

It was more the approval, I had no doubt they'd say yes tbh.

Her mum likes all that rubbish, so I thought I'd better ask, just to be on the safe side.

It was more the approval, I had no doubt they'd say yes tbh.

Her mum likes all that rubbish, so I thought I'd better ask, just to be on the safe side.

I like the idea of it tbf, it must be a pretty good feeling (amongst the other obvious ones) to know they're happy for you to steal their daughter away!

Congrats!

In my experience BBC board are all 'give us an example of when you've..... lead a team, convinced someone etc. etc.' What  they term 'competency based' interviews.

Given that you're in for a software developer role there'll be some technical elements no doubt but I doubt they'll be like mine where I had to mix a radio programme as an operational assessment.

If there's anything I can help with drop me a message

cheers emilio, the application asked me similair questions as well so i'll definitely revise this.

do you work for the BBC then?