Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I'll give it a day before he's moaning about his pay or his hours etc...

:D 

i was half way through typing if he gets an offer it'll be a week at most before he's not going to his shifts because it's not revolving around him 

We are on page 777, the OCD in me likes that.

Well done lamby! My top tip is, don't be scared to ask questions. They don't expect you to know everything, part of being in a job is learning. I much prefer staff who check things and ask compared to those who guess and get things wrong!

• Like 1

Moved into university halls on Saturday. Been a bit of a mad weekend but been fun. Decided to take tonight off because my body hates me.

Any advice for the coming week? Trying to get myself out there but it's difficult because my actual flatmates are very quiet and keep themselves to themselves.

Found a bunch of girls who are great but I dunno, it's weird, it's like if I don't go out for a night do people forget you lol, it's all a bit juvenile this. I'm definitely going to be someone who gets homesick too which I fear. :(

Introduce yourself to as many people as possible. It's pretty much the only time in your life you can do it and people won't think you're mental.

Moved into university halls on Saturday. Been a bit of a mad weekend but been fun. Decided to take tonight off because my body hates me.

Any advice for the coming week? Trying to get myself out there but it's difficult because my actual flatmates are very quiet and keep themselves to themselves.

Found a bunch of girls who are great but I dunno, it's weird, it's like if I don't go out for a night do people forget you lol, it's all a bit juvenile this. I'm definitely going to be someone who gets homesick too which I fear. :(

I'd implore you to go out, mate. Everybody is in the exact same boat as you, if your flatmates don't like going out just knock on doors. People are keen to meet people, it's uni. 

You've literally nothing to lose, you'll only get more homesick if you regret not trying with people outside those that live in your flat. You'll no doubt make more friends on your course too, mind - but you don't want to be stuck in halls wishing you'd knocked on someone else's door, now's the time to do it too because everyone's perennially pished.

Don't over think it.

Went down to Canterbury after work on Monday with my best mate to help him move some stuff in to his new house at uni and of course go out. Man I forgot that the whole uni thing is to drink things like whiskey mixed with vodka and beer as fast as possible.

Needless to say at the club outside I went to lean on what I thought was a fence, naaah was a ****ing gate wern't it and it was open and I landed on my face on a wall. Next thing I remember was talking to 2 cops and an ambulance woman, anyway I finally got back to my mates house (some how) and in the morning I saw that my iphone was disabled and quick as a flash I thought to myself "well that makes 2 of us".

Then I realised the severity of both the pain on my face and the fact that I need my phone abled. 

Got a cool gash on my face though  :knockyhat:

• Like 2

Went down to Canterbury after work on Monday with my best mate to help him move some stuff in to his new house at uni and of course go out. Man I forgot that the whole uni thing is to drink things like whiskey mixed with vodka and beer as fast as possible.

Needless to say at the club outside I went to lean on what I thought was a fence, naaah was a ****ing gate wern't it and it was open and I landed on my face on a wall. Next thing I remember was talking to 2 cops and an ambulance woman, anyway I finally got back to my mates house (some how) and in the morning I saw that my iphone was disabled and quick as a flash I thought to myself "well that makes 2 of us".

Then I realised the severity of both the pain on my face and the fact that I need my phone abled. 

scarface-1.jpg

• Like 1

OzyJP3JpW.gif

Everyone wants a gash on their face every now and again.

• Like 2

This is a pretty critical time. I can share my own experiences which may hopefully back up what the others have said.

By day 2 I realised my flat mates were a rather odd bunch, nice but odd. Some obsessed with their partners back home and just didn't want to be there. One lad that had never drank alcohol before and two other annoying girls. One of my best mates from home had also come to the same uni but he was being a wet wipe and not really trying to enjoy the experience either.

I thought screw this and did one of the best things I ever did. Went down to flat one and knocked the door to introduce myself to people. Met one of my best mates there, he liked drinking games, playing Pro Evo (the one with Colina on the box) and playing pool. Then we saw this lad carrying a 24 pack and spoke to him...before we knew it we had created this great group of lads and now 9 years later and despite being spread all over the country we still meet up now and again and I have been to many of their weddings this summer.

I'm one of the lucky ones as I made some real long term mates out of uni whilst many don't. I say lucky as some of it is luck but you really do have to put yourself out there as the longer you don't the harder it gets as people have already made their alliances.

In summary. Your flat mates are very unlikely to be the bunch of people you want to spend the next 3 years with.

Put yourself out of your comfort zone and find out where the people like you are and even if it is hard keep going out as much as you can to meet new people. Invite course mates to your flat, knock on other doors and invite people to a drinking game you're about to start. Be Mr sociable as much as you can!

Edited by archerm

Why isn't there an insomnia thread? I would be it's main contributor.

try the allnighter thread.. its not very active.. but you do get to chat with the occasional aussie lol (which is prob a good reason not to try it :) )

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/58903-all-nighter/page-25

Edited by ozleicester

try the allnighter thread.. its not very active.. but you do get to chat with the occasional aussie lol (which is prob a good reason not to try it :) )

http://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/58903-all-nighter/page-25

Appreciate the heads up. Just checked it out. Bob Weasel Fox and a bloke called Ken debating Horlicks. Surprised there aren't more people engaging in that thread :) Suddenly listening to the bats in my attic sounds quite attractive

Appreciate the heads up. Just checked it out. Bob Weasel Fox and a bloke called Ken debating Horlicks. Surprised there aren't more people engaging in that thread :) Suddenly listening to the bats in my attic sounds quite attractive

To be fair.. youve have chosen one of the more exciting topics there  :thumbup:

Was not me debating Horlicks. I said I was tired, Grandad said have some Horlicks and Bob Weasel Fox commented with  something like 'not heard that name for ages'. I never mentioned it as I do not drink it and never replied or posted after that.

I would hardly call it being mentioned in two posts a debate. :)

Edited by Rincewind

Was not me debating Horlicks. I said I was tired, Grandad said have some Horlicks and Bob Weasel Fox commented with  something like 'not heard that name for ages'. I never mentioned it as I do not drink it and never replied or posted after that.

I would hardly call it being mentioned in two posts a debate. :)

Try not to take it to heart. ;)