Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Happy birthday Col :thumbup:

First time out at Braunstone gate last night, blimey there was some milfs out, also was talking to some poles (the nationality broads not poles I wasn't that drunk hehe) and one was 34 looked like 27 I swear nice.

Yeah, when I went out last week me and my mate got talking to two women outside who claimed to be 35. Looked real young.

1st day in the new job, such a breath of fresh air, my new team clearly made and effort to make a good impression and before I knew it the day was over.

Definately out of my comfort zone living down here but I know for a fact that I'll have gotten over that by Friday.

Nice one man, I start later this month down in LDN.

Can't ****ing wait. 

You wouldn't know quality if it painted itself purple and danced, naked at the KP singing 'Quality is back in town again'..

:thumbup:

lol

Have you considered suggesting this to Level 42 as a number? Might improve their act....  :whistle:

Happy Retrospective B-Day (or even Bidet, if you were lucky), by the way!

Edited by Alf Bentley

The missus has just found a bowl of cold porridge in the microwave. I made it for my breakfast this morning and must have forgotten to eat it. I wondered why I was starving about 11 O'Clock this morning. lol

Nightmare start to the day. Had to take the missus to work up at Stoneygate cause her exhaust back box has sheared off completely which made me late to start my journey to Rugby so i hit all the M1 traffic. Then a broken down car at Catthorpe interchange meant all traffic was going along A426 to get on the M6 making me stuck in more traffic. Already done 2 hours worth of driving before i even started work. If there was ever a morning where a Sausage and Egg Mcmuffin was needed it was today but im on a diet. Yayyyyyyyyyyy

I work in Rugby and drive from Leicester, so the Catthorpe Interchange and the bullshit amount of traffic disruption it spreads to all surrounding areas is a recurring theme for me - it seems like there is a crash there every bloody day (sometimes a morning and an evening crash for bonus disruption). I always try to check Google maps for traffic before I set out - if A426 is busy between Lutterworth and the Gibbett Island (the little roundabout with the petrol station), then it's often much quicker to go straight on at the Whittle roundabout towards Magna Park, then come back down the A5 to get to the A426.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan

lol

Have you considered suggesting this to Level 42 as a number? Might improve their act.... :whistle:

Happy Retrospective B-Day (or even Bidet, if you were lucky), by the way!

lol

Me and the missis actually thought they were quite poor last night. Out of tune at times. That will be it for going to see Level 42. Human League play in November.

My day was horrible. Has anyone else ever driven an LDV van? The number plate on it says 07, but the engineering says 1964. I have no doubt that LDV built these things for cheap export to 3rd world countries, who refused them and then Royal Mail said, "hey, we'll have them!"

• Like 1

Drove from Manchester to Cardiff for work today. Arrived in Wales and realised I forgot my wallet. So from 6:00 AM to 7:00 PM, I have had nothing to eat or drink. Great day. Gonna sink 11 pints down the pub now. At least.

Make sure you have some food too pal.

lol

Me and the missis actually thought they were quite poor last night. Out of tune at times. That will be it for going to see Level 42. Human League play in November.

"End concealing....Try revealing....Open your heart! (Peep! Peep!)"

That's a lot more up my street, Col. Phil Oakey must have one of the most tuneless voices ever to hit pop superstardom, but they had some excellent songs. One of the better things to come out of a pretty dodgy era for pop music (early 80s).

I really liked Soft Cell and early Depeche Mode, too, even Wham! Set against that, though, you had Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran and Tears for Fears.....what a gruesome threesome!

"End concealing....Try revealing....Open your heart! (Peep! Peep!)"

That's a lot more up my street, Col. Phil Oakey must have one of the most tuneless voices ever to hit pop superstardom, but they had some excellent songs. One of the better things to come out of a pretty dodgy era for pop music (early 80s).

I really liked Soft Cell and early Depeche Mode, too, even Wham! Set against that, though, you had Spandau Ballet, Duran Duran and Tears for Fears.....what a gruesome threesome!

When I saw your post, first thing I thought of was...

"Conceal, don't feel..."

Hate that song. 3 yr olds can watch the same stuff over and over.

Fooking shite, started the day with a flat battery.Boss couldn't start it but I have AA home start with my bank acct and they managed it,but needed a new one.Company car so not a real problem.Then my biggest customer e mailed me to say that they have been taken over by a Welsh mob who have a contract with someone else for their nationwide packaging and although dearer they have been instructed to use them,it's not just packaging but other services they use.My customers are livid as they said I was so efficient,like a mate and the only reason they e mailed was they were too embarrassed to tell me over the phone.Felt sad about the business ,but pleased about what they said about me.Phoned them up later and they were telling me to pop in anytime and hoping the the new lot fook up,which they think will happen because I/we had to organise them and remind them all the time( beauty of a small company) and if they do it once they can Fook off .i designed so much in there and installed all sorts of machinery to make them more efficient and feel I gave them advice and service to make them a better company for someone to nick the easy bit,but that's business.

:mad:  Its 10.10am...

So far...

Woken at 5.10.. 5.40...6.10 by fvcking phone company call (that we cancelled using 6 months ago) that disconnects upon answering.

Eating cornflakes at 6.50 as cat barrels through the house with shit hanging out its arse.. which it then proceeds to drag along the rug, onto the floor boards out of lounge into kitchen leaving the stinkiest racing stripe youll every see/smell.

Attempted refresh of cvnting windows 8 computer last night has seen the fvcker hanging at 12% for 12 hours!!

Spend 53 minutes on hold to phone company to ensure they dont fvcking call again.

Get out of car at servo, last person left a puddle of petrol on the forecourt which i stood in and now my shoes and car stink of petrol.

Get to work to have a client cancel a $4900 order AFTER DEADLINE!!

good day... so far  :rolleyes:

Guest Col city fan

Fooking shite, started the day with a flat battery.Boss couldn't start it but I have AA home start with my bank acct and they managed it,but needed a new one.Company car so not a real problem.Then my biggest customer e mailed me to say that they have been taken over by a Welsh mob who have a contract with someone else for their nationwide packaging and although dearer they have been instructed to use them,it's not just packaging but other services they use.My customers are livid as they said I was so efficient,like a mate and the only reason they e mailed was they were too embarrassed to tell me over the phone.Felt sad about the business ,but pleased about what they said about me.Phoned them up later and they were telling me to pop in anytime and hoping the the new lot fook up,which they think will happen because I/we had to organise them and remind them all the time( beauty of a small company) and if they do it once they can Fook off .i designed so much in there and installed all sorts of machinery to make them more efficient and feel I gave them advice and service to make them a better company for someone to nick the easy bit,but that's business.

Sorry to hear that fella. Reputation is a big thing though.. You'll probably get the contract back.