Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I'm starting to think I have a problem with coffee. And this isn't one of those "oh I'm so high flying and dynamic I stride through my office drinking coffee" type posts, if anything the price of the stuff makes me want to cut down. Also I had pretty much quit smoking, replaced it with more coffee and now I'm smoking more cos it's nice with coffee. Yeah I'm crap. Anybody successfully quit?

Now that place can be remote in the Winter,when the river floods and cuts you virtually off.The Lamb and Flag is still a magnet for Sunday Lunch.

I used to go there a lot on school trips (Welney not the pub). I think I'd be too spooked to live there.

I always feel sick after it, it just sounds cultured to throw it out there. Chamomile however is a different story, love that stuff!

haha yeah my sister drinks loads of green tea and offers me one sometimes and i'll usually accept. then every time i get about half way through i wonder why people drink it. meant to be good for you tho isn't it. 

think i'll just stick to a nice coffee sod it 

Now that place can be remote in the Winter,when the river floods and cuts you virtually off.The Lamb and Flag is still a magnet for Sunday Lunch.

That's true if you were going South. My wife worked in Ely, so she had it tough and had to detour around 10 Mile Bank.

Rarely used the Lamb but found a friendlier place at the Old Ship at Lakes End. When I lived there there were 3 pubs in the village now just one and I see that the Ship is no longer a pub. The three Tuns was just 99 paces from my house but unless you had been brought up and bred in Welney, they weren't very friendly. In fact in the time we were there, we made no friends in the village and used Downham Market as our social center.

i'll drink my coffee anyway it's given. personal preference is touch of milk and a sugar, but we run out of milk quite a lot and i can never be arsed getting more so i roll with black and sometimes enjoy it. 

That's true if you were going South. My wife worked in Ely, so she had it tough and had to detour around 10 Mile Bank.

Rarely used the Lamb but found a friendlier place at the Old Ship at Lakes End. When I lived there there were 3 pubs in the village now just one and I see that the Ship is no longer a pub. The three Tuns was just 99 paces from my house but unless you had been brought up and bred in Welney, they weren't very friendly. In fact in the time we were there, we made no friends in the village and used Downham Market as our social center.

Were you ever devastated if you got to the three tuns and realised you'd hit 100+ paces?

Went from numerous coffee's per day to a couple of decaffs a while back and the transition was very easy. Still get a psychological boost from the decaff, as well as a small amount of caffeine, but without the jittery, hand-trembling anxiety that used to creep up on me by lunchtime when I was hammering seven or eight strong coffee's from 9am-11am. Fully recommend.