Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Trying to complete Nanwrimo this month - 50000 words as either a whole novel or part of one inside of 30 days. I've tried it the past couple of years but outside events and being a lazy fvcker has meant I haven't made it. I'm hoping this year will be a bit different. 2800 words so far, and trying to aim for 12.5k by end of weekend.

Bit shocked,a friend of mines dad passed away yesterday.My mate who didn't support a team came with me in the filbo days and got the bug ,and his dad used to drive us to Leicester ,in those days when the rugby was on roughly the same time,allowing us to get a few beers in.Yes he did smoke 40/60 burners a day,but was treated like one of the lads,even came on a few stag do's with us.The bloke was a legend.Nothing too much trouble.Me and another mate in our smoking days shared a room with him in Hamburg and he snored so loudly it woke us up,we were so pissed and tired ( my son had just been born and I had a few days of little sleep and fancied a catch up of kip)we were going to give him a slap,but the guy was so funny and kind you just couldn't.He ended up getting another room so we could get our heads down.Met my mate the other week and I naturally asked how he was,my mate said fine,fell ill a few days later and died yesterday.Gutted,he should have gone years ago with his lifestyle but still to lose a generally good bloke like that is a kick in the bollocks.Rip Roger our smoke breathing Welsh dragon.

• Like 3

Pretty good. A story I'd found and written is on the front page of today's Nottingham Post. Much of it is edited, hence being a co-author, but the content is the same, the quotes are identical and I conducted the interview myself, and it's still great to be on the front page considering it's the first story I've done as part of my journalism Masters course.

Here's the story - http://www.nottinghampost.com/way/story-24077907-detail/story.html

Bloody expensive drive but she had all of the front wall and the backyard done at the same time which would've added to the cost.

• Like 1

Pretty good. A story I'd found and written is on the front page of today's Nottingham Post. Much of it is edited, hence being a co-author, but the content is the same, the quotes are identical and I conducted the interview myself, and it's still great to be on the front page considering it's the first story I've done as part of my journalism Masters course.

Here's the story - http://www.nottinghampost.com/way/story-24077907-detail/story.html

Bloody expensive drive but she had all of the front wall and the backyard done at the same time which would've added to the cost.

Not bad for a first attempt :)

A few questions seeing as you put it out there:

1) What is the relevance in describing her as a mum of one?

2) Does she acknowledge she bears some responsibility for not reading the searches properly and looking into it before spending the money?