Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Just got back from my daughter's year 7 parents' evening, and we're over the moon: she is well on course to achieve her target grades by the end of the academic year, and - amazingly - in a couple of subjects she is expected to do so by the end of this term. She is also in the top set in every class.

I'm a very proud dad tonight.

Had a good bit of news from my lad this evening. He's just had his mark for his first assignment (2nd year) at uni and he got a 1st! Told him to keep it up.

My youngest lad has just started senior school,managed to get the highest science result in the class 84%.

Decided to celebrate this last week by non stop talking,laughing and shouting out in class,throwing his mates pencil case out of the window,play fighting and being a general pain in the ass.threatening to tell the art teacher that he doesn't like art and doesn't want to be a painter and decorator anyway( stolen from me)Now in the ISU ( isolation unit) for 2 days on top of the 2 he has already had.Not good,he is not a bad lad,but really likes a laugh,but there is a time and a place.Been instructed by the school to go in about it.Thing is he is not stupid.

Well done you guys anyway

Girlfriend had the scan today and all Is well with the baby :)

Thanks for the reassuring message

Great news. Its really scary when you go for an emergency scan. My wife began to bleed at about 8 weeks so we had an emergency scan. All the thoughts go through your mind. Turns out i had just wrecked her the night before ( not really, it turned out to be a delayed period. Never knew women could still have periods whilst pregnant). Once you get to the second trimester (3-6 month stage i believe) then you can start to relax as miscarriage is unlikely. Also your girlfriends titties will start to grow which is fvcking sweet :thumbup:  

My youngest lad has just started senior school,managed to get the highest science result in the class 84%.

Decided to celebrate this last week by non stop talking,laughing and shouting out in class,throwing his mates pencil case out of the window,play fighting and being a general pain in the ass.threatening to tell the art teacher that he doesn't like art and doesn't want to be a painter and decorator anyway( stolen from me)Now in the ISU ( isolation unit) for 2 days on top of the 2 he has already had.Not good,he is not a bad lad,but really likes a laugh,but there is a time and a place.Been instructed by the school to go in about it.Thing is he is not stupid.

Sorry to hear that, Cambridge.

Have you considered that the two things (the excellent test results and the subsequent behaviour) might be linked?

I seem to recall your lad having had issues with being bullied a while back; is it possible that some of the less-able kids have been teasing him with names like boffin/nerd/geek etc (or whatever it is that kids say nowadays), and his behaviour is an attempt to curry favour by showing that he's still 'a lad'?

If so, you could try pointing out that doing well at school will see him live his dreams, while his tormentors flip burgers for minimum wage.

I hope it works out ok.

• Like 1

My boiler has packed up in my house which is great news considering the mountains round here are starting to get snow on them. Went for a run earlier so needed a shower and it was ice cold, absolute agony. If anyone finds my penis after this let me know.

Being a rental property I emailed the landlord and a plumber is coming round, on Friday evening. Typical Italians!

My boiler has packed up in my house which is great news considering the mountains round here are starting to get snow on them. Went for a run earlier so needed a shower and it was ice cold, absolute agony. If anyone finds my penis after this let me know.

Being a rental property I emailed the landlord and a plumber is coming round, on Friday evening. Typical Italians!

Yeah, but did he say which Friday...?

Should have given him 6 of the best.

• Like 1

Are they brothers?

Third day at work in Westminster, coming home as usual Oxford Circus tube was rammed but today it was literally at gridlock. No movement at all, normally there is shuffling where it cones into one of the entrances. No movement at all today so had to walk to Bond Street station. 

Third day at work in Westminster, coming home as usual Oxford Circus tube was rammed but today it was literally at gridlock. No movement at all, normally there is shuffling where it cones into one of the entrances. No movement at all today so had to walk to Bond Street station.

Could have circled it around to Notting Hill!

The walk from Westminster up to Bond Street/Marble Arch is a good one, you could do that.

Could have circled it around to Notting Hill!

The walk from Westminster up to Bond Street/Marble Arch is a good one, you could do that.

I work very close to Oxford Circus on Regent Street/All Souls Place so i'd have had to walked quite far to Westminster station or Victoria.

Guess I could have Hammersmith and City lined from Baker Street to Wood Lane then changed from there

Edited by lavrentis

No movement at all today so had to walk to Bond Street station. 

I work very close to Oxford Circus on Regent Street.

Could have had the green set in Monopoly, there. Should've bought them and put up a hotel. Only a shortish walk to Mayfair and Park Lane, too.

Sorry to hear that, Cambridge.

Have you considered that the two things (the excellent test results and the subsequent behaviour) might be linked?

I seem to recall your lad having had issues with being bullied a while back; is it possible that some of the less-able kids have been teasing him with names like boffin/nerd/geek etc (or whatever it is that kids say nowadays), and his behaviour is an attempt to curry favour by showing that he's still 'a lad'?

If so, you could try pointing out that doing well at school will see him live his dreams, while his tormentors flip burgers for minimum wage.

I hope it works out ok.

To be fair he is a joker,friendly with everyone except that one lad he had problems with.For some reason the other kids think he is hilarious which probably doesn't help his showing off.He also has no problems with that other lad now he hit him. Edited by cambridgefox