Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

How close? I'm 27th.

You share a birthday with our family dog from when I was growing up. 

I always used to get him some chocolate buttons in for Xmas and make sure he saved some for the 27th.

He'd have been 53 this year, if he hadn't been put down when he was 15  :xmassad:  :whistle:

Happy Christmas / Birthday one and all!

You share a birthday with our family dog from when I was growing up.

I always used to get him some chocolate buttons in for Xmas and make sure he saved some for the 27th.

He'd have been 53 this year, if he hadn't been put down when he was 15 :xmassad:

I hate to lay a guilt-trip on you after all these years, Alf, but:

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/dogs-and-chocolate-get-the-facts

I hate to lay a guilt-trip on you after all these years, Alf, but:

http://www.m.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/dogs-and-chocolate-get-the-facts

Lucky that British chocolate is mainly vegetable oil and the Brussels Eurocrats didn't succeed in making us all eat "proper" chocolate, then! Mind you, the old lad used to fill his belly with pebbles off the beach, so he obviously had a superhuman (or super-canine) stomach and never came to any harm.

i was hoping to find another person older than myself and had a look at your profile,I'm 11 days older!

Well, I've got a decade on you, Webbo only slightly less (I think), Rincewind and Zingari a couple of decades and Thracian even more than that, I think.....so there are plenty of mature male role models out there for you to choose from!

I wonder who's the oldest person on here (mods?)? 

AoWW said something about knowing how to open a man's flies with her teeth, which suggests a certain maturity. I'm sure that was just youthful bravado, though, and she's never really done it herself.  :whistle:

Lucky that British chocolate is mainly vegetable oil and the Brussels Eurocrats didn't succeed in making us all eat "proper" chocolate, then! Mind you, the old lad used to fill his belly with pebbles off the beach, so he obviously had a superhuman (or super-canine) stomach and never came to any harm.

Well, I've got a decade on you, Webbo only slightly less (I think), Rincewind and Zingari a couple of decades and Thracian even more than that, I think.....so there are plenty of mature male role models out there for you to choose from!

I wonder who's the oldest person on here (mods?)? 

AoWW said something about knowing how to open a man's flies with her teeth, which suggests a certain maturity. I'm sure that was just youthful bravado, though, and she's never really done it herself.  :whistle:

she might not have had her teeth in at the time though!

Tis true, 32 just before the year is out.

I'm a seriously old bastard though now in terms of lifestyle, I still binge drink to hell at weekends but my idea of a good week night in now is a crossword and watching only connect and great continental railway journeys.

Good Lord I'm becoming MattP.

AoWW said something about knowing how to open a man's flies with her teeth, which suggests a certain maturity. I'm sure that was just youthful bravado, though, and she's never really done it herself. :whistle:

She's a teacher: they don't do that kind of thing.

Or, at least, they didn't when I was at school... :(

****ing hell Mattp is only a decade older than me, thought he was close to retirement age

no offence Matt :whistle:

None taken at all, we could all be close to retirement anyway the way the country is going. :xmasblink:

29th.

Shite time to have a birthday.

It is, I'm usually ill from the Christmas engorgement, the worst thing can often be no one really wants to come out and celebrate it with you.

Good Lord I'm becoming MattP.

Don't worry it's actually better than many would have you believe.

Since I've started to try to base the emphasis of life on trying to educate myself a lot more, eating extremely well, having a very good circle of friends, a good woman and making time to relax rather tha finding it I've bit a lot more content despite having much less in terms of material possesions.

A good listen to Baz Luhrman every couple of years helps.

How close? I'm 27th.

Yeah that's the one, I've even ordered a Bradshaws for xmas.

29th.

Shite time to have a birthday.

If your birthday is not on Xmas Day then you're irrelevant to me. Although both of you are close so you're not that irrelevant.

None taken at all, we could all be close to retirement anyway the way the country is going. :xmasblink:

It is, I'm usually ill from the Christmas engorgement, the worst thing can often be no one really wants to come out and celebrate it with you.

Don't worry it's actually better than many would have you believe.

Since I've started to try to base the emphasis of life on trying to educate myself a lot more, eating extremely well, having a very good circle of friends, a good woman and making time to relax rather tha finding it I've bit a lot more content despite having much less in terms of material possesions.

A good listen to Baz Luhrman every couple of years helps.

Matt's got a woman :xmasohmy:  And started to eat green stuff. :xmasohmy:  And isn't interested in material things :xmasohmy: , you sound less and less like a Tory each day. :xmaswink:

Now where's that Tinder thread I need to catch up with you I'm 40 next year....feel (and act) like a big kid though, maybe it's time to grow up.

Edited by purpleronnie

Matt's got a woman :xmasohmy:  And started to eat green stuff. :xmasohmy:

Now where's that Tinder thread I need to educate myself.

lol

By eating well Ron I mean pure enjoyment, about 3-4 portions of meat a day and still not touched a green :D

Cheers, despite now being desperate for a job and realising I'm at a virtual dead end in life, it's surprisingly a happy time.

Off to the City now, I'll be even happier if I can go to bed tonight with us having won a game of football.