Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I've just been at an awards ceremony with free alcohol, with our table paid for by an agency we work with. I've found myself drinking sensibly, leaving at half 11, and watching University Challenge on my iPad on the bus home. I'm fully entrenched in that lifestyle :D

Had something similar last week on our company do. The bar was sponsored/provided by our suppliers yet I had only a couple of beers and was in bed by 10.30 watching champions league highlights. Nice room tho, it was a business suite in a Hilton, I'd never afford that kind of luxury normally, the bath was tremendous!

Had something similar last week on our company do. The bar was sponsored/provided by our suppliers yet I had only a couple of beers and was in bed by 10.30 watching champions league highlights. Nice room tho, it was a business suite in a Hilton, I'd never afford that kind of luxury normally, the bath was tremendous!

Haaaaaahaha, something really tickled me about that last line.

I'm goin out in leicester tonight and im drink already oh man I canoot wait this is going to be great if anyone sees someone dancing like ola Jordan somewhere in town and speaking like a fücking scouser that is bloody me dot be afraid to buy me a drink xoxo

Yeah been my birthday for 2 days now, having a great time.

Happy birthday kid

Dying

I'm goin out in leicester tonight and im drink already oh man I canoot wait this is going to be great if anyone sees someone dancing like ola Jordan somewhere in town and speaking like a fücking scouser that is bloody me dot be afraid to buy me a drink xoxo

I'm not long back from town what a carve up

So far my day has been pretty good! We are having an electric motor put in for our gate. We don't know the guy who is doing the work and he just appeared at my office door. He was so quiet. He didn't last long there though as the dogs chased him out sharp! I laughed so hard when I went out and he was trying to climb the fence to escape. Good dogs!! :)

Glad you enjoyed it, Ronnie.

I went to see Voice of the Beehive a few years back. Still buzzing.  :ph34r:

:xmaslaugh:

One of the best I've seen, just destroys anything else around, not bad for a couple old fogies.

Nice to see some sharp dressers about too, including some yoof, nice to see they are all interested in jogging bottoms and hoodies.

:xmaslaugh:

One of the best I've seen, just destroys anything else around, not bad for a couple old fogies.

Nice to see some sharp dressers about too, including some yoof, nice to see they are all interested in jogging bottoms and hoodies.

I got the Daltrey/Wilko album a few months back and that's absolutely outstanding.

I've never got particularly enthused about The Who for some reason, though I really like the stuff that I know.

It might be due to my antipathy to mods (I'm a scruff with my roots in the punk era, and folk to a lesser extent - not sure we'd get on with your mod tendencies and liking for sartorial elegance  :xmaslaugh: ).

About 30 years ago, the NME did this brilliant spoof on a tabloid exposé of the different youth groups (mods, punks, rockers, whatever).

I've always remembered the bit about mods: "Being a mod is all about looking smart and knowing what you're talking about....so on a Bank Holiday we ride down to Brighton, and when we get there we look smart and know what we're talking about".

Just about sums mods up for me - bunch of elitist posers with insidious Tory values!  :ph34r: (Yes, I'm aware of the theory about mod culture involving working-class self-respect; just different roots, I suppose)

I got the Daltrey/Wilko album a few months back and that's absolutely outstanding.

I've never got particularly enthused about The Who for some reason, though I really like the stuff that I know.

It might be due to my antipathy to mods (I'm a scruff with my roots in the punk era, and folk to a lesser extent - not sure we'd get on with your mod tendencies and liking for sartorial elegance  :xmaslaugh: ).

About 30 years ago, the NME did this brilliant spoof on a tabloid exposé of the different youth groups (mods, punks, rockers, whatever).

I've always remembered the bit about mods: "Being a mod is all about looking smart and knowing what you're talking about....so on a Bank Holiday we ride down to Brighton, and when we get there we look smart and know what we're talking about".

Just about sums mods up for me - bunch of elitist posers with insidious Tory values!  :ph34r: (Yes, I'm aware of the theory about mod culture involving working-class self-respect; just different roots, I suppose)

Mods from my experience are just like any group of lads, a mixture of all classes and different political ideologies.  Yes there are posers and mods are well aware that they get the piss taken out of them because of it.

As for satorial elegance well you should have seen me this morning I looked like a cross between compo and shane macgowan.

• Like 1