Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Bit of a nightmare day yesterday. Got a txt off the wife to say our daughter needed to go A&E. She had a bad chest so wife took her GP. They checked her and her oxygen level was low and needed to be checked over at hospital. I work in Rugby so a quick dash back home and off to the hospital. The small car park outside the A&E part at the Royal is a fvcking nightmare. Wife and daughter jumped out and i was in a queue with 3 other cars in front of me waiting for the barrier to raise so i could park. Car Park was full so had to wait for cars to leave before we could get in. Took me a whole hour to park up. Met up with the Wife and waited another hour to see the doctor. By this time my daughter seemed alot better. Doctor checked her over and all seemed ok. Her Oxygen level had returned to normal. Doctor checked the documentation and it said her Oxygen level was 98 at the GP's. He said thats a perfectly normal figure so called the GP and they said it was actually 89 and must have typed it wrong on the form. Wouldnt surprise me if it was some thick GP who thought 98 was low and made up an excuse so it didnt look like it wasted our time.

But i have to take the positives. My daughter is fine. Obviously if it was 89 then the GP did the right thing in sending us hospital incase it was Pneumonia. If it was 89 then Doctors have no idea why it was low but all seems ok now.

Wife wasnt too amused as she had to go straight work after hospital but have to be happy with the outcome.

Bit of a nightmare day yesterday. Got a txt off the wife to say our daughter needed to go A&E. She had a bad chest so wife took her GP. They checked her and her oxygen level was low and needed to be checked over at hospital. I work in Rugby so a quick dash back home and off to the hospital. The small car park outside the A&E part at the Royal is a fvcking nightmare. Wife and daughter jumped out and i was in a queue with 3 other cars in front of me waiting for the barrier to raise so i could park. Car Park was full so had to wait for cars to leave before we could get in. Took me a whole hour to park up. Met up with the Wife and waited another hour to see the doctor. By this time my daughter seemed alot better. Doctor checked her over and all seemed ok. Her Oxygen level had returned to normal. Doctor checked the documentation and it said her Oxygen level was 98 at the GP's. He said thats a perfectly normal figure so called the GP and they said it was actually 89 and must have typed it wrong on the form. Wouldnt surprise me if it was some thick GP who thought 98 was low and made up an excuse so it didnt look like it wasted our time.

But i have to take the positives. My daughter is fine. Obviously if it was 89 then the GP did the right thing in sending us hospital incase it was Pneumonia. If it was 89 then Doctors have no idea why it was low but all seems ok now.

Wife wasnt too amused as she had to go straight work after hospital but have to be happy with the outcome.

Glad your daughter is ok. The parking at the Royal is a nightmare, you're better off parking across the road outside the Tigers .

Glad your daughter is ok. The parking at the Royal is a nightmare, you're better off parking across the road outside the Tigers .

I normally park elsewhere but with dropping the wife off at A&E i thought it b easier to go in the short stay. Most of the hour waiting to park was with me being the next car to go in. So i spent about 45 mins of it at the barrier and a car behind me so i couldnt get out.  

i have been to the gym, done a shed load of ironing whilst listening to Bublé christmas songs. doing some online shopping now. gonna cook a decent baguette (Una word me up!) then maybe watch xmas films? Elf anyone?

National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

• Like 2

i have been to the gym, done a shed load of ironing whilst listening to Bublé christmas songs. doing some online shopping now. gonna cook a decent baguette (Una word me up!) then maybe watch xmas films? Elf anyone?

Xmas time always gets the old classics out.

Edward Penishands and Lord of the G-Strings

It was a little strange.

I had a new front door fitted.

The bloke who put it in kept signing lines from songs when I was talking to him.

We were talking football and he turned around to do some work and he would immediately sing a line from a song very loudly 'wake me up before you go go'.  Then would turn back to me and start talking normally, then turn back round and sing again 'And I'm hungry like the wolf' and so on...

It's as if he had some kind of 1980's pop tourettes.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 2

I had a new front door fitted.

The bloke who put it in kept signing lines from songs when I was talking to him.

We were talking football and he turned around to do some work and he would immediately sing a line from a song very loudly 'wake me up before you go go'.  Then would turn back to me and start talking normally, then turn back round and sing again 'And I'm hungry like the wolf' and so on...

It's as if he had some kind of 1980's pop tourettes.

Perhaps he was just dropping a few polite hints? You should have shown him to the spare room for a kip and then made him a cheese sandwich.

Did he sing any Shakin' Stevens: e.g. "Wish they'd let me in so I could find out what's behind the green door"?

Perhaps he was just dropping a few polite hints? You should have shown him to the spare room for a kip and then made him a cheese sandwich.

Did he sing any Shakin' Stevens: e.g. "Wish they'd let me in so I could find out what's behind the green door"?

:xmaslaugh:  very good.

Hang in there King I think you'll be ok.

Ronnie I had a dentist very similar to what you described.

Maybe he isn't strange after all then.