Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

they're only confusing because you're not bright pal

I've got more GCSEs than I've got fingers on my right hand.

they're only confusing because you're not bright pal

And coming from you that is really low imo.

Nope but funnily enough, everytime I tried to ring Carphone Warehouse to enquire about an upgrade, their phonelines would ring once and then cut off. 

Good luck dealing with EE customer service - in my experience, they are absolutely, totally useless. Took about 3 weeks before I got my old number transferred to my new account, and the knobbers tried to charge me a disconnection fee, for moving from Orange to EE (i.e. the same fooking company), when my Orange contract was well past expired anyway. The only competent people I spoke to were in the complaints department, eventually :xmaslaugh:

Watched a question of Sport live today. It was the FA Cup special (airing 2nd Jan 15) and all four guests were footballers. Trevor Sinclair, Jason Roberts, Phil Neville and Alan Shearer. Me and my flatmate got put right behind Dawson (obviously it's her pretty face, not mine!) so I'll be on TV alot. Good fun though it was brilliant.

Did you have to pay or did you just apply for tickets for free?

Rejection from Warwick and not really got a clue why :unsure: oh how I wish oxford had gone a lot better now :(

I had a similar situation with LSE as I couldn't have got better AS marks and got offers everywhere else. I'd be surprised if it was the personal statement if that was enough to get you an interview at Oxford unless it was a massively different course.

Hope the interview went well. My sister was given hers at 7pm after waiting all day and didn't get long at all. Got passed on but rejected. She got all A*'s and is happy at Durham so I'm sure it'll all work out  :thumbup:

Good luck dealing with EE customer service - in my experience, they are absolutely, totally useless. Took about 3 weeks before I got my old number transferred to my new account, and the knobbers tried to charge me a disconnection fee, for moving from Orange to EE (i.e. the same fooking company), when my Orange contract was well past expired anyway. The only competent people I spoke to were in the complaints department, eventually :xmaslaugh:

Ha thanks. I hate EE's website when it comes to customer service.

Took twice as long to walk to work as it normally does. When I got there I was told to turn around and head back home again. This is why.

10492385_10152962586236514_5254642436136

10407113_10152962586241514_7062819697265

Apparently 6-8 inches of snow dropped overnight and throughout the morning is one of the very few things that can dissuade Korean parents from making sure that every minute of every day of their kids life that isn't eating or sleeping is studying. Of course, they'll probably just be studying at home instead now.

As for me, I'm enjoying the day off. 

Amazingly, there is still a bit of traffic (buses and taxis mainly) going about.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 2

Guest Kopfkino

I had a similar situation with LSE as I couldn't have got better AS marks and got offers everywhere else. I'd be surprised if it was the personal statement if that was enough to get you an interview at Oxford unless it was a massively different course.

Hope the interview went well. My sister was given hers at 7pm after waiting all day and didn't get long at all. Got passed on but rejected. She got all A*'s and is happy at Durham so I'm sure it'll all work out :thumbup:

Oxford don't really pay too much attention to the personal statement, the admissions test is the main factor for getting an interview. I really hope it isn't my PS I'm buggered for LSE then. Looking at years gone by on the student room a fair few people seem to get offers at Oxford but rejected from Warwick for PPE.

I keep over analysing my interviews in hindsight and I am pretty resigned to getting a rejection now. The first one was pretty bad and the Philosophy tutor in the second didnt seem too inpressed by my reference to Only Fools and Horses lol. Who knows, we'll see in 3 weeks time.

Obviously I'd love to get into Oxford but Oxbridge is not the be all and end all, as your sister has found out. If I got an offer from LSE then I'd be just as happy, doing anything Economics related there is incredible. Plus with it pretty much being Banker training school, it would probably make my mind up on what to do after uni.

Edited by KingGTF

Got the man flu so I've had to take the day off, worst thing is that I don't get paid for any sick days, greedy bastards.

I've had pins and needles in my left arm since I got up at 11am, kinda strange tbh.

Got the man flu so I've had to take the day off, worst thing is that I don't get paid for any sick days, greedy bastards.

I've had pins and needles in my left arm since I got up at 11am, kinda strange tbh.

Yes the greedy bastards not paying you for not working.

no offence lambo but that is one of the things i hate most about people, those who ring in sick and still want to be paid for it. if you need/want the money that much "the man flu" wouldn't stop you getting off your arse, suffering for a few hours in work and then going back to bed. i don't think anyone should be paid for calling in sick, ever. if you've got a serious illness/reason for an extended period off work that's a different story, but the stupid bellends who wake up a bit hungover or have a bit of a cold so take two days off and still want to be paid 16 hours of work can get to ****.