Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

no offence lambo but that is one of the things i hate most about people, those who ring in sick and still want to be paid for it. if you need/want the money that much "the man flu" wouldn't stop you getting off your arse, suffering for a few hours in work and then going back to bed. i don't think anyone should be paid for calling in sick, ever. if you've got a serious illness/reason for an extended period off work that's a different story, but the stupid bellends who wake up a bit hungover or have a bit of a cold so take two days off and still want to be paid 16 hours of work can get to ****. 

I went in yesterday and 2.5 hours overtime on top of 7.5 hours of normal work while feeling like shite

Oxford don't really pay too much attention to the personal statement, the admissions test is the main factor for getting an interview. I really hope it isn't my PS I'm buggered for LSE then. Looking at years gone by on the student room a fair few people seem to get offers at Oxford but rejected from Warwick for PPE.

I keep over analysing my interviews in hindsight and I am pretty resigned to getting a rejection now. The first one was pretty bad and the Philosophy tutor in the second didnt seem too inpressed by my reference to Only Fools and Horses lol. Who knows, we'll see in 3 weeks time.

Obviously I'd love to get into Oxford but Oxbridge is not the be all and end all, as your sister has found out. If I got an offer from LSE then I'd be just as happy, doing anything Economics related there is incredible. Plus with it pretty much being Banker training school, it would probably make my mind up on what to do after uni.

Yeah one of my mates got rejected from Durham for History but got an offer from Oxford so I suppose you'll just have to wait and see.

Probably no point speculating - just hope for the best. I have a couple of friends at LSE doing Politics and Philosophy I think and the other doing Economics. They love it but say you have to be the 'London type' to enjoy the aspects other than the course.

no offence lambo but that is one of the things i hate most about people, those who ring in sick and still want to be paid for it. if you need/want the money that much "the man flu" wouldn't stop you getting off your arse, suffering for a few hours in work and then going back to bed. i don't think anyone should be paid for calling in sick, ever. if you've got a serious illness/reason for an extended period off work that's a different story, but the stupid bellends who wake up a bit hungover or have a bit of a cold so take two days off and still want to be paid 16 hours of work can get to ****. 

You are a clear example of the leeches capitalism is capable of producing. Nothing but a peppercorn. 

• Like 2

Naff day at work, but scoring a hat trick at Goals cheered me up. Trouble is a team mate half my age got six to nick my glory.

We are not pot hunters, no points after five games, now we have three after six games. Gotta keep believing, the only way is up! Just like the City!

Just back from pub. Xmas jumpers galore. Love it. Physio on my knee in the morning followed by a hard days graft

lol I'm just back from the Boozer wearing my Santa jumper with a big fat gut sewn onto the front. I went for a piss while I was there and couldn't see my cock. Now I know how my dad used to feel.

Edited by Webbo
  • Like 1

You are a clear example of the leeches capitalism is capable of producing. Nothing but a peppercorn. 

Going into work with the 'man flu' may be fine for the individual but in enclosed environment spaces you could be passing it on to others with a weaker immune system. Also you would not be able to give your attention fully to your job.

It would not be very professional to sneeze out a huge dollop of snot over your best client. :)

It is pretty poor form to turn up to work in an office if you've got a cold. Lots of people take the piss though. Especially in the public sector where allocated sick days are basically taken as holiday, fully paid as well of course. In their defence some of these people have been screwed over by employers in the past and just don't care anymore. I can't seem myself ever doing it though. I feel guilty enough taking a holiday never mind faking illness.

I went in yesterday and 2.5 hours overtime on top of 7.5 hours of normal work while feeling like shite

You poor sod. Why do you think everythjng should be handed to you on a plate? Get a fucking grip of yourself and get into the real world. The only way you earn things is by doing it yourself. Do you really think your employer gives a shit you've got a little bit of a sniffle? Why should they pay you? For all they know you could be blagging them, how's that fair on them? Edited by Bert

Going into work with the 'man flu' may be fine for the individual but in enclosed environment spaces you could be passing it on to others with a weaker immune system. Also you would not be able to give your attention fully to your job.

It would not be very professional to sneeze out a huge dollop of snot over your best client. :)

Turn up for work, presenmt yourself, if deemed too ill then get yourself home. A runny nose and a bit of flem is never an excuse!

It doesn't help that I work in a childrens hospital either which is an even bigger risk going in when ill.

When I did security I had to go in with a broken arm. They could not find cover and refused to accept that it was an accident. This was despite the doctor at the hospital and my own GP saying that I had to go on the sick.

Another point about going in whilst ill is if you cause injury to yourself or another you may not be covered by insurance costing you or your boss money in payout.

Anyway to receive any sick money you need to be off for about 5 days first so you will not get paid. Any sick money paid may not go towards your holiday entitlement and the payment is at a reduced rate. I agree that something minor should not prevent you from at least turning up. It id up to  your boss as to whether they think you should stay or at least ask their permission if your ability to do your work at a efficient standard.

When I did security I had to go in with a broken arm. They could not find cover and refused to accept that it was an accident. This was despite the doctor at the hospital and my own GP saying that I had to go on the sick.

Wait, did they think you broke your arm on purpose?

Wait, did they think you broke your arm on purpose?

Not exactly but they said Imay have had one too many. What I do on my days off  I cannot see what it had to do with them.

I misplaced my footing on a kerb. Could have happened anywhere.Ihad two bags of shopping and lost my balance.