Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Two of my work mates are out there at the mo on separate trips. If you see a lad with Ginger hair and glasses looking absolutely hammered at any time throughout the day, that's one of them lol

This has been the toughest Christmas I've ever had and probably will have. Dad's health is declining quicker and quicker now to the point where I was just mentally crying all day. I was supposed to stop theirs Christmas night but had to come home to get some time to myself. Awful.

Feel for you bud,I've been there myself with my dad.Keep strong.

Can't compare this to your worries one bit and don't mean to offend by putting this here but my grandad 94,was given yesterday a few weeks to live ( pancreas)my nan 93 ,is as fit as a fiddle,but it's her I feel sorry for ,been together over 70 years.Got a call this morning to go over as he wouldn't wake up.Thought this is it,raced over to be at his side.we were all there chatting to him,no response.He then woke looked around at us all and said" I'm not dying today,you might all need to come back"we couldn't help but laugh,but I thought when I got home at least he knows how much we care for him and will be there for him.im a tad pissed off with the carers as this has not been sorted ( by them)and my poor nan is cleaning him,lifting him and even wiping his arse.his bodily functions are giving way now,so you can imagine the work she has got.

Sorry to hear that Phil

He is a ripe old age though,big difference.Phoned my nan today to see if she wanted any shopping done,my grandad spoke to me and as I was signing off I said" I will let you get on" he said " yeah,it's hard work sitting in bed all day,don't keep me"still got his sense of humour.

I wouldn't stay till midnight as you might find it hard to move :D

Got home at 220pm.

Happy days. London was dead, apparently it's the first time they're charging people along the bank of the Thames? 500 000 people there last year and this year and they've only sold 100 000 tickets.

Off to the parents for 530pm. Gonna  watch the recorded Super Sunday of Leicester v Man Utd now lol

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

Feel for you bud,I've been there myself with my dad.Keep strong.

Can't compare this to your worries one bit and don't mean to offend by putting this here but my grandad 94,was given yesterday a few weeks to live ( pancreas)my nan 93 ,is as fit as a fiddle,but it's her I feel sorry for ,been together over 70 years.Got a call this morning to go over as he wouldn't wake up.Thought this is it,raced over to be at his side.we were all there chatting to him,no response.He then woke looked around at us all and said" I'm not dying today,you might all need to come back"we couldn't help but laugh,but I thought when I got home at least he knows how much we care for him and will be there for him.im a tad pissed off with the carers as this has not been sorted ( by them)and my poor nan is cleaning him,lifting him and even wiping his arse.his bodily functions are giving way now,so you can imagine the work she has got.

Sorry to hear that mate, good age though and still having a laugh that's pretty cool.  Like you said it's your Nan who needs the suppport.

Oh man I have not stopped cooking all day (cept now) and still haven't made much of a dent in my ambitious NYD party menu.

What are you cooking?

I just did prep for NYD.

Starters: Pork Belly with a crispy apple and cabbage salad

Main: Kudu coated in dukkah with wilted spinach, a roasted squash and a wild mushroom and blue cheese sauce.

Its a bit heavier than I'd have liked but I couldn't find the ingredients I really wanted. So I'm improvising.

What are you cooking?

I just did prep for NYD.

Starters: Pork Belly with a crispy apple and cabbage salad

Main: Kudu coated in dukkah with wilted spinach, a roasted squash and a wild mushroom and blue cheese sauce.

Its a bit heavier than I'd have liked but I couldn't find the ingredients I really wanted. So I'm improvising.

Smoked salon pate with blinis.

Prawns in mini tortilla baskets with salsa.

Lettuce cups with pork mince mango chutney and pineapple.

Rare beef watercress and horseradish cream on garlic ciabattas.

Mini baked potatoes with either bacon cheese and chive or chilli and chorizo.

Breaded rosemary chicken bites

Lamb koftas with chilli jam.

Honey soy, ginger, chilli, garlic glazed chicken drumsticks

Chilli sausage roll.

And finally braised beef brisket with coleslaw on buns.

It will be a buffet, just making the pate now.

• Like 1

Chilli sausage roll.

Good luck with all that!!

Chilli sausage roll.

you fooking ponce!no sounds lovely Una.Used to do my own pate,not much better.You have really had your work cut out looking at that,fantastic effort.Hope people appreciate fine food.Enjoy and Happy New Year.