Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Guest Col city fan

Oxford's a shit uni anyway :P

Oh well, I expected the rejection after my first interview and at least the majority get rejected especially for ppe

Hard luck mate. I got rejected from St.Johns at Oxford. You waiting and trying again? If not, go to Durham, you'd love it.

Guest Kopfkino

Hard luck mate. I got rejected from St.Johns at Oxford. You waiting and trying again? If not, go to Durham, you'd love it.

Hmm not sure about waiting and trying again next year as I'm already on a gap year and I'm not sure I'd fancy another one, plus it'd probably put me at a disadvantage. I'll wait to see my feedback and whether I get offers from elsewhere before deciding on that but it's unlikely if I'm honest.

I'm sure it was my first interview that let me down which is so frustrating because it was economics which I'd considered my strongest subject. I just froze when they gave me the first problem to solve and then it went downhill from there. As soon as I walked out I knew what I should have done and said but the occasion got to me I guess. Even more annoying is a kid that said pretty much what I realised I should have, got an offer.

I didn't apply for Durham, didn't fancy being that far away from home and it's cold up north :P. I won't be too fussed about Oxford if I get an offer from LSE but that's a big IF. Got an offer from King's College London but feeling a bit meh towards it at the moment. We'll see what happens, I'm sure it will all work out in the end.

Grandad died this morning 94

Can I just say anyone who has suffered or been connected with someone with cancer, those Macmillan nurses are some of the most wonderful people about.Firstly with my dad and now with my grandad, they stayed at the house overnight for 4 days, to help my nan and mum. Now that's dedication to a job. May I suggest if anyone comes out of a supermarket and has a few pennies to spare and they have the buckets in hand put some in, can't praise them enough.

RIP Don King( yes that was his name)

Sorry to hear that CF, 94 is a good innings nowadays. Macmillan were a great help when my grandad passed away a couple of years ago.

P.s that's a great name

Grandad died this morning 94

Can I just say anyone who has suffered or been connected with someone with cancer, those Macmillan nurses are some of the most wonderful people about.Firstly with my dad and now with my grandad, they stayed at the house overnight for 4 days, to help my nan and mum. Now that's dedication to a job. May I suggest if anyone comes out of a supermarket and has a few pennies to spare and they have the buckets in hand put some in, can't praise them enough.

RIP Don King( yes that was his name)

Sorry to hear that Cambridge.

Sad to hear, cambridge. Great name though and great innings at that age.

As stan said 99.9% of nurses and carers in places like that are diamonds, which makes it even more infuriating when the 0.1% make the news for abusing patients or neglecting their duties.

Was sposed to finish at 2:30, ended up leaving at 4:30, doctors are bastards sometimes.

Got a letter from the DWP saying that they think they overpaid me while I was at my last job and claiming. What they fail to remember is that they actually still owe me about £150.