Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I think I did see some people with City shirts. I had a pizza in there. Not bad. Were there a few others with you?

None of us were in colours except the odd scarf I think, but there was quite a big group of us spread over a few tables. Only the second time I've been in there but agree on the pizza. Top stuff and a good selection of beer too.

Matt's never seemed the sort who would dislike someone on a personal level just because they differ politically.

Spot on Ron.

My best friend is a complete lefty, the full works as well, St Pauli shirt wearing, Billy Bragg listening type.

We've only ever fell out once and that was only for a day. Although we do have a politics 5 pint rule now lol

WOW 38 mins from an okay day to boning some college girl and losing your virginity!!!

He also posted twice in the football forum during that time...

Now that's what I call multi-tasking!

WOW 38 mins from an okay day to boning some college girl and losing your virginity!!!

He also posted twice in the football forum during that time...

Now that's what I call multi-tasking!

Today I am reaping what I sowed last year when I bought an Audi.  £515 for service and MOT at independent garage...

Went on a speed awareness course today, not as boring as the last time I did it. I got a free pen out of it as well, go me :)

How much was the course?  Are they really run by a company owned by ACPO?

Today I am reaping what I sowed last year when I bought an Audi.  £515 for service and MOT at independent garage...

IIrc it was £120. I don't know who owns the company but the instructors did the West Midlands as well as Leicestershire.

Could be worse.  My mate used to spend £700 on getting his Merc serviced as a matter of course

Quite a good day today. I've been on a level 3 plumbing course that was supposed to have lasted two years for the last three and a half!

Level 3 incorporates the NVQ and Gas Qualification included in the package though you are able to do obtain your gas with only Level 2. After 3.5 years of being dicked around by inept staff and Stephenson College as a whole, I decided to bite the bullet and quit level 3 and fastrack myself straight through the gas qual. I should be finished tomorrow or Wednesday morning at the latest. Big risk really paying for something that I've already passed within the Level 3 Qual (it was the portfolio side that's been an absolute bastard for the class to finish) but I am absolutely buzzing about the prospect of never having to go back there again.

If anyone wants to do Level 3 Plumbing and Heating- Don't go to Stepho's.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

A good evening yesterday, but the last month has been about as crap as it gets - probably with more to come.

Dec. 14th: Had been due to visit the folks with Mum apparently recovering well from a minor illness

Dec.13th: Got the call to say that she'd been rushed to hospital with a stroke

Dec. 13th-21st: Spent most of the time in London, visiting Mum in hospital & looking after Dad (nearly 90, Parkinson's)

Dec. 21st: Returned to Leicester with Mum showing signs of improvement, lively & articulate with plans for rehab to address left-side paralysis.

2 hours after getting back, received the sickening midnight call saying that she'd had another stroke, which had been fatal, so had to rush straight back down. 

Xmas/New Year: With brother, arranging last week's funeral; informing friends & family (both elderly uncles broke down - great!); sorting out Mum's affairs; looking after Dad (Mum had been looking after household before), while shuttling up to Leicester to occasionally see wife & daughter.

Will still be shuttling up and down for a few weeks, until we can be sure that Dad's OK to look after himself in the flat with minimal non-family intervention (his preference). So, hope you can do without my posts on Keynesian economics & proportional representation for a few weeks... :whistle:  Got Dad's 90th in a week, now. A month ago, was discussing what we should do with Mum, now she's not there for it. Fair play to him for some blacker than black humour, though. On the day of doom, when he & my brother had spent ages trying to get into an apparently shut down hospital at midnight, only to find Mum had just died once they got in, he turned to my brother and said "Well, thank-you for a lovely evening!"  :blink:

I'd been off the booze for 6+ months, but will be having an (occasionally) Wet January, now. Went for a solo wander last night, to clear the mind by marinating it in ale.....The Pub; King's Head (encountering a poker-playing Ken); Firebug; Globe & Ale Wagon...some tasty ales sampled that removed the gloom from the head for a while. Life goes on and all that....

One more chorus (and my Mum did enjoy herself a great deal)....

• Like 4

A good evening yesterday, but the last month has been about as crap as it gets - probably with more to come.

Dec. 14th: Had been due to visit the folks with Mum apparently recovering well from a minor illness

Dec. 13th-21st: Spent most of the time in London, visiting Mum in hospital & looking after Dad (nearly 90, Parkinson's)

Dec. 21st: Returned to Leicester with Mum showing signs of improvement, lively & articulate with plans for rehab to address left-side paralysis.

2 hours after getting back, received the sickening midnight call saying that she'd had another stroke, which had been fatal, so had to rush straight back down. 

Xmas/New Year: With brother, arranging last week's funeral; informing friends & family (both elderly uncles broke down - great!); sorting out Mum's affairs; looking after Dad (Mum had been looking after household before), while shuttling up to Leicester to occasionally see wife & daughter.

Will still be shuttling up and down for a few weeks, until we can be sure that Dad's OK to look after himself in the flat with minimal non-family intervention (his preference). So, hope you can do without my posts on Keynesian economics & proportional representation for a few weeks... :whistle:  Got Dad's 90th in a week, now. A month ago, was discussing what we should do with Mum, now she's not there for it. Fair play to him for some blacker than black humour, though. On the day of doom, when he & my brother had spent ages trying to get into an apparently shut down hospital at midnight, only to find Mum had just died once they got in, he turned to my brother and said "Well, thank-you for a lovely evening!"  :blink:

I'd been off the booze for 6+ months, but will be having an (occasionally) Wet January, now. Went for a solo wander last night, to clear the mind by marinating it in ale.....The Pub; King's Head (encountering a poker-playing Ken); Firebug; Globe & Ale Wagon...some tasty ales sampled that removed the gloom from the head for a while. Life goes on and all that....

Sorry for the loss of your mum Alf. Take care with all the driving your doing.

Blimey Alf, did wonder where you had got too.

That sounds quite a terrible time and I don't think it could come in a worse month than the one it did, sorry for your loss and all the best for the next couple of weeks.

Thoughts are with you today.

So sorry to hear that Alf.  Thinking of you mate.

Thanks for all the good wishes. Much appreciated, particularly knowing that it's something that some of you have been through yourselves. 

At a certain age, you know that it's going to happen sooner rather than later, but there's quite a difference between that rational knowledge and the stark reality, isn't there?

Of course, you can look at the positives - she lived to a decent age (80), was much appreciated and greatly enjoyed life. I'm well aware that some people draw much shorter straws than that. There's bound to be some gloom, though. Apologies for inflicting that on you lot, but it would have seemed a bit weird not to mention it. Will try to get back to more cheerful posts on the great escape from relegation and the forthcoming red-green coalition government with immediate effect!

Life goes on.....and I did manage to escape funeral arrangements and Dad-sitting duties long enough to get to the Spurs and Villa matches....got to maintain your priorities!