Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Right, I need to explain something to a Fvcking idiot.

My land lady charges me by the week, let's say £80, but as I am salaried I pay monthly 80 x 52/12 = 346.

She's claiming I owe her an extra week but I don't.

How's the best way of explaining to the old bat that she's wrong without getting chucked out?

Edited by FoxesAreBlue

Don't know why!? Loved it, even did reversing around corner, hill starts and drove through glen field!

Was about to ask how it went.

You did more than I did on my first, all I did was steer and hit the loud pedal, he did gears and brake, clutch.

Second lesson I did all the controls, not complaining though, started lessons in July, one a week and passed first time end of November, way way back in 1990! Always remember how much they cost, £10 an hour back then, I bet it's more now.

Was about to ask how it went.

You did more than I did on my first, all I did was steer and hit the loud pedal, he did gears and brake, clutch.

Second lesson I did all the controls, not complaining though, started lessons in July, one a week and passed first time end of November, way way back in 1990! Always remember how much they cost, £10 an hour back then, I bet it's more now.

Yeah the instructor was really impressed, the first lesson was £25 for 2 hours, then it's £23.50 an hour, I will be having 1 hour lessons a week.

Right, I need to explain something to a Fvcking idiot.

My land lady charges me by the week, let's say £80, but as I am salaried I pay monthly 80 x 52/12 = 346.

She's claiming I owe her an extra week but I don't.

How's the best way of explaining to the old bat that she's wrong without getting chucked out?

She may not be the fvcking idiot you seem to be calling her.

You pay weekly or are charged weekly and reckon there are 52 weeks in the year?

Jan 1st was a Thursday, find a calendar and count how many Thursdays are in this year, yes that's right 53.

Now im not saying she's right and you're wrong as I don't know what day you pay or your terms etc but some years you get a 53rd week.

Yeah the instructor was really impressed, the first lesson was £25 for 2 hours, then it's £23.50 an hour, I will be having 1 hour lessons a week.

That doesn't seem that expensive really, I was paying £20 an hour 10 years ago for guitar lessons when I sat my grade 8, no fuel, car, insurance involved in that. He just sat there and taught me.

She may not be the fvcking idiot you seem to be calling her.

You pay weekly or are charged weekly and reckon there are 52 weeks in the year?

Jan 1st was a Thursday, find a calendar and count how many Thursdays are in this year, yes that's right 53.

Now im not saying she's right and you're wrong as I don't know what day you pay or your terms etc but some years you get a 53rd week.

I pay by calendar month as we agreed when I started staying here, it's all sorted now anyway however.