Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Nice one HF!

Long day for me, skiing all day (including a ridiculously steep run that put me firmly on my arse twice), and just got back from riding a ski-doo around a huge lumpy icy course. Literally the most terrifying thing I've ever done, feels like you have bugger all control at times, and when you've got trees one side and 200ft drop the other it makes for plenty of pant-shitty moments. Something to tick off the list though

Nice one HF!

Long day for me, skiing all day (including a ridiculously steep run that put me firmly on my arse twice), and just got back from riding a ski-doo around a huge lumpy icy course. Literally the most terrifying thing I've ever done, feels like you have bugger all control at times, and when you've got trees one side and 200ft drop the other it makes for plenty of pant-shitty moments. Something to tick off the list though

Got the job! 

Looking forward to the next chapter in my life.

Congrats HF.

JJJS.Where are you skiing buddy?

Re my back pain,decided to go to work today,I had to pull over every 5 mins and stretch it.Never known back pain like it,it's like someone is crushing my lower back.osteopath again tomorrow .Need to get it sorted for skiing in Les Arcs in 4 weeks.

Hoping for good news on the DNO revamp and permanent office  funding etc. today.

One for Cambridgefox. Protest at Cambridge Job Centre regarding benefits stopped for a 7 year old cancer sufferer.

Pehaps he knows more than the media.

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/Protest-Cambridge-job-centre-cancer-victim-Tommi/story-25973820-detail/story.html

I think benefits would be everything not just for him as there is a cap.

My laptop is playing up and I am rush reading cuz I am off out soon.

Edited by Rincewind

Half term next week, thinking of bunking tomorrow off and going home a day early. How poor form is it to email in sick? :P

It's dreadful form. You have to call in and you must talk about how you don't want to spread any possible infection around the office. Make it sound like you're in control and that you're doing them a favour by not turning up. Emailing in will make you look like a coward and you will lose a lot of respect.

Half term next week, thinking of bunking tomorrow off and going home a day early. How poor form is it to email in sick? :P

As stated above, phone call is the only way.

An extra tip is to make the call from under your bed covers, you'd be amazed how ill it makes you sound.

JJJS.Where are you skiing buddy?

Re my back pain,decided to go to work today,I had to pull over every 5 mins and stretch it.Never known back pain like it,it's like someone is crushing my lower back.osteopath again tomorrow .Need to get it sorted for skiing in Les Arcs in 4 weeks.

Pamporovo, Bulgaria as per last year. The run was only blue but there's a sudden steep section that catches out unconfident people as myself, particularly as it was icy. I'm comfortable with a few of the runs now but today we skied 2 reds I hadn't done before and a small off-piste section and I was totally exhausted in the afternoon - having to concentrate so hard as the sun turned the snow to slush this morning, skis going everywhere but forwards!

Hope they can sort your back out, or at least that you recover enough to enjoy your ski trip. Have you ever tried sleeping on the floor? Heard that can help... Might be bullshit

Dad's funeral tomorrow and it still doesn't seem real. Being a pall bearer with my brother, three uncles and cousin. Starting to really dread it now

Please don't take this the wrong way but I hope you enjoy it. Seeing long lost family, reminiscing. A few tears and a few laughs. It's also gives you a bit of closure.

• Like 2

Dad's funeral tomorrow and it still doesn't seem real. Being a pall bearer with my brother, three uncles and cousin. Starting to really dread it now

Best of luck, TYOTF, I hope it goes well for you (sounds awful I know but I hope you know what I mean).

Good luck TYOTF. I have only ever been to one funeral in my life, not nice.

On Tuesday I found out the sex of my child due in June. Today I had my yearly appraisal at work and was all but offered another role within my company. Got some thinking to do about whether I want said role

Hope it goes as well as it possibly can Stu,it will be a bit of a blur,but I had a chance to have a little look round the church and see people who came to pay their respects to my dad,and that gave me a bit of comfort.Thoughts with you.

You know those days that start off with you being so tired that you just want to finish work and sleep. That's me every single day, yet I stay up until 11/12 every single night. Is it abnormal?

Anyway, tonight was a Dominos and Tyskie night. Opposed to a Dominos and some other type of lager night. Roll on Friday!

You know those days that start off with you being so tired that you just want to finish work and sleep. That's me every single day, yet I stay up until 11/12 every single night. Is it abnormal?

Anyway, tonight was a Dominos and Tyskie night. Opposed to a Dominos and some other type of lager night. Roll on Friday!

I could barely keep my eyes open at 8pm but now it's nearly 1am and I've been trying to sleep for two hours I'm wide awake and feel like I could easily stay up all night. I'll wake up absolutely shattered tomorrow and the cycle will repeat. It's a strange old world.

I could barely keep my eyes open at 8pm but now it's nearly 1am and I've been trying to sleep for two hours I'm wide awake and feel like I could easily stay up all night. I'll wake up absolutely shattered tomorrow and the cycle will repeat. It's a strange old world.

That sounds all too familiar, heavy eyelids at 7pm, but no sign of tiredness come 11pm. I get to the point where I just put the TV back on and admit defeat. Plus, even if I did nod off around 8/9pm, I'd be awake by 3am and in the limbo between more sleep and being shattered when I wake up, or staying up, and being shattered when I wake up.

LCF has started if anyone wants to see any comedy. Was there a thread last year?

On the 21st at the Globe there is an all day on behalf of Wishes For Kids. I donated a framed All In Sean poem for the raffle.(booby prize no doubt)

Edited by Rincewind

LCF has started if anyone wants to see any comedy. Was there a thread last year?

On the 21st at the Globe there is an all day on behalf of Wishes For Kids. I donated a framed All In Sean poem for the raffle.(booby prize no doubt)

What's LCF, Rincey? Edited by Leeds Fox