Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

I thought that's what university is for..

University, Early Retirement, Actual Retirement, Fake retirement who cares.

Show me the money Mr Taxpayer. :ph34r:

I think you will find that I drink far less than some on here.My session is 4-6  I consume on average 3 pints and it is not every day.

What does it matter personally the way I spend my money? I do not smoke, have a car, wife and kids or Sky TV or any game consuls but if I did I certainly would not be able to afford those couple of pints two or three times a week.

I do not also travel executive class on trains and airlines and have  2-3 luxury holidays a year. I doubt that I will have another overseas holiday in my lifetime.

To anyone that can afford all the above I say good on you and to enjoy it whille you can because you never know what is around the next corner.

Edited by Rincewind

I think you will find that I drink far less than some on here.My session is 4-6  I consume on average 3 pints and it is not every day.

What does it matter personally the way I spend my money? I do not smoke, have a car, wife and kids or Sky TV or any game consuls but if I did I certainly would not be able to afford those couple of pints two or three times a week.

I do not also travel executive class on trains and airlines and have  2-3 luxury holidays a year. I doubt that I will have another overseas holiday in my lifetime.

To anyone that can afford all the above I say good on you and to enjoy it whille you can because you never know what is around the next corner.

I thought you mentioned you had Virgin TV?

I think you will find that I drink far less than some on here.My session is 4-6 I consume on average 3 pints and it is not every day.

I do not also travel executive class on trains and airlines and have 2-3 luxury holidays a year. I doubt that I will have another overseas holiday in my lifetime.

I think it's fairly normal not to travel in 'executive class' and not to have 2-3 luxury holidays per year though to be fair. Also, as far as I can see, nobody questioned the way you spend your money apart from you.

youve got me worried now Ken as I don't know what's round the corner! Oh that piece you mentioned last week about the child in Cambridg who had there benefits taken away,all backdated and now back on track.

youve got me worried now Ken as I don't know what's round the corner! Oh that piece you mentioned last week about the child in Cambridg who had there benefits taken away,all backdated and now back on track.

Good to know there are positive outcomes. I wonder if it took perseverance and help from others rather than compassion from the authorities who repaid without being asked.

Had to go and work in Hull today, needed to be there for 2pm for a demo which they cancelled the appointment at 1.55pm. Wasted day. Not great.

Did a short run when I got home, spent some time with the wife. Disappointed to hear we dominate a game and got nothing from it. Even worse we are further adrift at the bottom now. Gutted

Yeah, decent. Spent the morning up at the town hall at a careers event. About 50 or 60 companies, including the likes of Barclays and Autotrader, had stands and I managed to have a chat with a few and hand out my CV in the process. 

Yeah, decent. Spent the morning up at the town hall at a careers event. About 50 or 60 companies, including the likes of Barclays and Autotrader, had stands and I managed to have a chat with a few and hand out my CV in the process. 

Best decision i ever made was to go to a careers event. Got me back into the engineering industry after getting depressed in a call centre. Hope you find something :thumbup:

Best decision i ever made was to go to a careers event. Got me back into the engineering industry after getting depressed in a call centre. Hope you find something :thumbup:

call centres are the worst soul sucking jobs ever. once you're out it feels  amazing!

granted my job now isnt the most riveting in the world but it pays the bills and no one shouts at me for leaving my desk to go toilet and being in the wrong code!

call centres are the worst soul sucking jobs ever. once you're out it feels  amazing!

granted my job now isnt the most riveting in the world but it pays the bills and no one shouts at me for leaving my desk to go toilet and being in the wrong code!

Yes it was the worst job ive ever had. I used to finish at 6pm and the bus back to Leicester city centre left at 6:15pm. I remember putting my console on hold at literally 5:59pm cause many phonecalls would sometimes take a long time to finish and i could have missed my bus. I got a written warning for not being available for the last minute lol . 9 months i was there and i put on 4 stone in weight was a very low point in my life.

Wish I knew about this, when will the next one be??

Yeah cheers. Well I'm graduating from Uni this year so thought I'd go along and hand out a few CVs. See if anything can potentially come along.

Wish I knew about this, when will the next one be??

I wasn't referring to Leicester, I live in Manchester. No doubt they'll be something similar though if you do some research.