Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BigGibbo

How Was Your Day?

Depends on the job but I always go with a white shirt with a charcoal suit, black shoes (preferably quarter brogues but never slip ons) and belt, cufflinks with a splash of colour matched to the tie (almost always patterned blue), and a nice understated dress watch with a black leather strap and a white face.

That would be for a professional office position with a traditional dress code. If I wanted to tone down the formality I'd substitute the white shirt for blue, swap the tie for a darker colour and consider brown leather all around.

I don't think I'd consider any colour other than white or blue unless it was a real outdoor job like a farmer or something, in which case a cheque shirt maybe, or if it was one of these poncy modern "creative ie I do **** all jobs" then maybe I'd wear some hipster crap like a crop top and leggings.

Not bad moose not bad. I would definately mix up the colours from white though, maybe only after you've got the job, white gets boring, plus depedant on your job and the formailty of the dress code you can then opt for different coloured suits and have less limitations i.e. tab collars, pin through etc. 

This is a personnel and some would say traditional POV but I really don't like belts with suits, a suit should fit you perfectly and a belt is disruptive to the eye.  But people do wear belts with suits thesedays, still looks odd to me unless your mismatching jackets and trousers in a more casual setting.

I'm not one for BD shirts with suits either, BD are casual and the buttons offset the look like a belt does, cutaway, tab collars or even hidden BD shirts all look better.  In a less formal setting a BD shirt with no tie and a good collar roll can look great with a suit though.

Edited by purpleronnie

Well done on the job Una.

Moose, not sure if taking the P!ss but I do like the sound of your style. Especially the detail on matching watch, belt and shoes. My wife hates my little watch collection I'm trying to build but it's a very important accessory IMO.

Thanks man

Played a team that could give it out but couldn't take it yesterday. Never seen anything like it. They were constantly fouling - some were horrific challenges - and if we did it back they were getting in our faces. Couldn't believe it. Ref had to get involved a few times when it was kicking off. We did lose 4-0 but I think we lost our heads a bit. I'm all for passion but when it's really aggressive I don't get it, not in that sort of game... Some of their players were shouting "what's the score anyway" lol

Played a team that could give it out but couldn't take it yesterday. Never seen anything like it. They were constantly fouling - some were horrific challenges - and if we did it back they were getting in our faces. Couldn't believe it. Ref had to get involved a few times when it was kicking off. We did lose 4-0 but I think we lost our heads a bit. I'm all for passion but when it's really aggressive I don't get it, not in that sort of game... Some of their players were shouting "what's the score anyway" lol

You played Chelsea?

Off for interview number 2 today. Gone for a teal shirt today.

But now whichever job you get you'll forever put it down to your shirt and not your ability, thus becoming a permanent lucky shirt for all future job interviews :ph34r:

Somebody left a massive shit in cubicle 1 of the work toilets yesterday.

This thing was the girth of a coke can and about 8 inches long (yeah yeah just like my knob looool) and somebody had just left it there, lingering. I walked in to the cubicle and just cracked up; it was outrageous - it looked like nothing else I'd seen before - a good 75% bigger than any other single log I'd seen.

Obviously got some of the lads round to have a look and one tried to flush it twice and made no inroads whatsoever. Combined with the fact that the perpetrator must have given it a flush or two, you can only applaud its stubbornness.

Absolutely made my day.